Sign in to follow this  
DiFool

Using multiple sights with AKs

It's rather a minor issue but...

I really like how the optics of the G36 rifle work. You can use both: the reddot sight and the 3x scope.

It would be nice to have the AK sights working similar. That means: Using a mounted PSO scope and iron sights. Since the AK optics use side mounts it's possible to aim under the mounted sight although much view is covered by the scope.

Just tried it and ironsights cannot be used. At least not on the current ingame model.

arma2oa2010070419122120.jpg

But I would like to see some over-the-scope secondary "sights". That would be really helpful for cqb.

Just tried it and ironsights cannot be used. At least not on the current ingame model.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9003/arma2oa2010070419122120.jpg

But I would like to see some over-the-scope secondary "sights". That would be really helpful for cqb.

Mmh, I'm quite sure that it works in real life.

But for this a new iron sight model is necessary. It should look like the default AK sights just with the scope covering the upper half of the screen.

I guess it got nothing to do with the rifle's .p3d and it's lods but with the optics .p3d.

On your screen it looks like that the main obstacle is this adjustment turret on the lower side of the scope. I doubt, that there should be any at all.

Edited by DiFool