Sign in to follow this  
Codname47

Resistance becomes extremely difficult

Hi everyone, i decided to install the expansion pack last week and play it in veteran difficulty. At the first times i played very smoothly and completed 5 missions very easily but after the tank missions come, i couldn't continue because of the extreme difficulty. For example in the sixth mission which is "First Strike", i played at least 20 times to complete this mission. After i complete that mission i feel relaxed but the next missions is harder than that one. I cannot deal with 15 tanks with my 2 tanks. Any suggestions??

If it's really come to that you've only got two tanks left, then yeah, that's gonna be a little hard. I can only suggest you to revert to the earlier tank missions and try to save as many tanks as you can, which will be then transfered to the following missions as you continue.

Now i completed "First Strike" and "Field Exercise" missions. Is it still necessary to go back and save tank. Does any tank missions left??

You really should try to save as much of everything that you can, including tanks, vehicles, guns, RPGs, binocs, NVGs, etc. Otherwise, as Relliki says, it's going to be pretty hard.

I played only CWC at vetran difficulty,it is very hard for me to pass resistance campaign.

Generally Resistance Campaigns is focused on guerilla warfare. There is no exactly solution (take rpg, get down, shoot to t-80 etc)

You must find Your own style of playing RES Campaign.

My style was:

-I as scout

-My men on tree lines in ambush until I check everything

-Medic near machine gunner (AI didn't like him ;)

About tanks:

-T55/T72 don't have any chance in front of couple T-72 or one T-80 So If i Have tank, I was looking a good firing position with one escape route !

It's very difficult to give You one solution.. sometimes You must be fast, sometimes element of luck is needed.

If You want to have another extreme campaigns look at :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=145.0

It's link for patch 2.7 to Invasion 44 made by me :p

In this is new version of Coc/I44 campaign made by Canukausiuka and reworked by me(only 4 missions) but It count units after missions, so If You lost all squad in the first, there is no chance to finish second mission. If You like WWII i recommend You ;)

Edited by Bielow

Ok mate for this mission what you really wanna do is let the tank army come to you and I mean really come to you and by that I mean they need to be knocking on the door of the port city you are defending.

Get your tanks in position above the city on the hill top you stormed down from in the last mission. They have to be able to see down the hill but concealed from the incoming tanks by the woods next to them.

Now you see those ammo crates they have s charges and a ton of mines you need to make a web of mines allong the road next to the woods and place the satchel charges along the tree line close to the city (the bmps will unload their troops here)

You might get it wrong first time but using this technique I utterly destroyed the russian advance without suffering a single casualty.