Sign in to follow this  
Crazed Killa

Enemy accuracy through trees

Ive been trying to make a map where russins are in the center of a dense forest in a bunker and the americans need to take the bunker. But the russians are always shooting at the americans right throught the trees and bushs and hitting them with very few shots.

I feel even if the ai can see something moving through a bush 100m they shouldn't shoot and if they do their accuracy shouldn't be that good to hit someone behind a bush in a dense forest with three shots. Also after they kill the person they were shooting at they stop shooting. How do they know that person is dead and not just hiding if they are behind something?

I think this bug is known in 1.3, the AI accuracy for shooting through concealment is too good. Try it out on devilchaser's mission 2, the patrol one, and the enemy takes out the entire squad from behind trees from 200m away, didn't see the bullet coming!!

If in a case of a real war... And lets say your a happy unpaid Russian soldier and you see american heads in the trees...

Do you

1. Wait for them to become visible?

2. Fire at the locations in and around the area you last seen that phat american head?

I chose 2. because you MAY save your life that way.

How the #### do you stick a bullet between someones eyes from behind a tree??? (with an AK74)

You aim in the direction of the target.

And pull the trigger.

The bullet wont/shouldent go through a branch ... but it will go through leaves like paper.

>You aim in the direction of the target.

Even if you don't see the target?

>And pull the trigger.

Even if the target is behind a tree? or maybe behind a different bush you are aiming at?

>The bullet wont/shouldent go through a branch ... but it

>will go through leaves like paper.

But that is not the issue here.

And you neglected to mention:

>And you stop pulling the trigger when the enemy is dead.

To which I would have replied: And how do you know your invisible target is dead?

Please read the topics where these bugs where discussed in full detail and try the demo missions.

Hope this helps

There must be a return of no direct vision of target = no AI target locking...

The range and hardness of the AI is kickass, now, just the obstacle bullschmit, that needs a liddle fix.

I too have seen a form of this problem. While piloting my Kiowa, I hovered below the treeline of a forest. On the opposite side of the forest and COMPLETELY blocked from view, was a T80 who fired at me through the trees. Tracer fire coming right trough the forest itself. I practically had to land to get the t80 to cease firing on me. Wierd

Funny I have never had this problem. All the shots the AI got on me have been fare and what i would consider inaccurate for the amount of the gover i was useing. BTW the AK74 is actually a pretty good weapon and a lot more accurate that most people give it credit for.

maybe Russians just have a sixth sense about fat americans in the forest? I am a german general once said that they have retained greater that any other person a bond to the earth? I dont know but maybe the vodka helps in a bit.

forgive me but when I said I am german general in last post, it was mistake! oops. d*amn vodka

hmmmmmm.........

i think we need more vodka in the game. theres already some vodka in one mission. but OFP definately needs more