Sign in to follow this  
pringle

weapon mounted light and laser not working in OA

Couldn't find this issue in another thread so here it is...

I'm having issues with getting the weapon mounted lights and lasers working in OA. I'm told I should simply press "L" (default bind) to toggle them on the weapons that support it. However, this doesn't seem to work. "L" is attached to headlights on/off in my config. I am able to see other's lasers and lights. Others do not see my laser or light. Help?

Edited by pringle

Works flawlessly here at my Side. Are you using any mods or a custom control config?

Works flawlessly here at my Side. Are you using any mods or a custom control config?

No mods, no custom config.

This happens here too which I noticed as I played the night training mission. If I push "L" there is no flashlight. Once I reach the next waypoint (in the dark) the game tells me to grab nv googles and to put the flashlights off again. It wait's until I press "L" and then goes on... but I didn't see any flashlight light at all at any point.

Though it looks like only a few of us are suffering from this bug.

My game did the exact same thing to me as it did to Ruebe. no light no laser.

Yeah same for me i tried it in the training mission no lase no light isn t something to do with detail setings or something like that? becose in NFS: Underground 2 i got same problem with nitro steam (or how to say that its a steam going off your car and decreasing your nitro) when i have low settings i didn t see it at all only hear when i set settings on medium i see it without problem

I don't think so. I've tried to kick in post processing, which would be the most likely one to have an impact on this, but still no lights.

Maybe it's about too weak hardware (T9300 dual core, 8600m/latest driver; win xp over here)?

Btw. this happens in 1.52 aswell as in the latest beta patch.

At first i had the same problem. It only worked for me if i pointed to the sky with the rifle while switching it on/off. Now i checked it once more and this time it works normally. :)

It only worked for me if i pointed to the sky with the rifle while switching it on/off. Now i checked it once more and this time it works normally. :)

Wow. I can confirm this (except for the last part about it working normaly again). Hitting "L" doesn't do anything unless the gun is pointing in the sky. If pointing in the sky, the flashlight may be turned on and off. Pointing straight forward and this doesn't work. The same applies to the laser.

Strange bug this is.

Oh, and the ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11722

Edited by ruebe
CIT

yep im getting the same shit.

Point up in sky IR comes on, Point at hip or anywhere else it dont work.

BIS games are buggy im telling ya :o

reading the dev heaven ticket isnt to inspirational as to getting this fixed with -5 votes

(EDIT) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repro: It seems its a low FPS issue, when I was taking some photography using Very High settings, No AA at 150% 3D res on my 1680x1050 monitor res I was only getting about 10fps sometimes even lower

then I would stand still point the IR laser directly infront of me press "L" its default binding hit it multiple times and it wouldn't turn on until I aimed it towards the sky even though my fps was still low around 12fps.

Now Im running a constant 30fps on Medium high at 100% 3d res and Im able to turn on IR laser with no issue in any position.

Edited by Flash Thunder

Bug confirmed for me too. Flashlight can only be toggles on or off if aimed at the sky.

Seems to only allow toggle if the torchlight is not illuminating anything eg a building?

EDIT - confirmed it's FPS related, not directionsal =[

time to shell out on a new pc again...*sob*

Edited by TurokGMT