Sign in to follow this  
katipo66

Cannot copy .CPP files

This isnt working for me, i run the bat from inside the CA folder... the command looks like this xcopy *.cpp P:\TUT\ca\ /S /Y

It just opens and closes quickly, i did manage to screen capture and it said something like cannot find *.cpp file?

So looking through the CA folders i couldnt actually see any .cpp files?

Can anyone give a clue as to where i may have gone wrong?

If the batch file can't find any config.cpp's - it might be because there aren't any! They may well all still be config.bin files.....

Just checked and all of mine seem to be ".cpp"'s - maybe I derapified (UNbinned) all the config.bin files first... I'm not sure now - it's so long ago I can't actually remember...

Sgt Ace's instructions seem to assume they'll all already be .cpp's, and Alliex just quotes Sgt Ace... who does say...

"blah, blah, blah...Now each time you unpack a *.pbo by doubleclick you´ll recieve a clean unpacked file with *.p3ds, config.cpp and all other stuff from the pbo.

There are of course much further ways to extract pbos and unrap config.bin's but this is a very conformable one."

So it looks like he's assuming the DEpbo process he uses is also derapifying the config.bin's to config.cpps for you... an all-in-one sort of thing...

No matter... you're all DEpbo'd and therefore you should have config.bin's at least - you just need to derapify all the config.bins in the main P:\CA and all subfolders where there is one... then the batch file will work ok...

Mikero's DeRapify Tool will convert config.bin's to config.cpp's - as will Eliteness the PBO tool, and a few others...

... a step-by-step guide since I have a couple of minutes to spare... all from memory I'm afraid, so don't nail me if I'm wrong - I'll check later...

Download and unpack Mikeros Derapify... You'll get a "Derapify1.8" folder or something...

(might also have to download "DePbo.dll" and drop it in the same folder as Derapify... read the readmes)...

open that folder in windows explorer - change view to icons so you have a nice big target

open another explorer window - showing P:\CA

start working thru all the folders in here - every time you see a config.bin - just physically drag it to the "Derapify.exe" icon in the other window...

You'll see a "config.cpp.txt" file appear in beside the config.bin

delete that config.bin, rename the config.cpp.txt to plain old config.cpp

move on to the next folder inside P:\CA...

check every folder in there - find all the config.bins and replace them with the new config.cpp's

then run the Batch File...

should work.....

PS - The batch file is designed for the Tutorial, of course... it'll create the new "configs-only" CA folder inside the demonstration P:\TUT\ namespace... - when you come to make up your own namespace folder - edit the batchfile so it reads...

xcopy *.cpp P:\Katipo\ca\ /S /Y

or whatever namespace/tag you decide to use...

B

final PS... Not every folder in P:\CA will actually have a config.bin... Plants2 doesn't for example - so check EVERY folder AND subfolder and convert every one you see... but don't panic if some folders don't seem to have one....

Edited by Bushlurker

Thanks for your time, i really appreciate it!

that worked perfect :D