Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

THANK YOU BIS! (new bulldozer finetuning terrain feature)

New bulldozer feature seems appeared!

check OA keys... now it's possible to raise/lower terrain by 1 meter, 50 centimeters and 10 centimeters!

THANK YOU GUYS! great news!

EDIT: and it works :D

just replace your original bin/core folders in P:\ from ones that come from expansion data folder.

Unpack the languagecore too, in the P:\ folder and use as buldozer the arma2oa.exe file placed on P:\ folder.

Edited by shezan74

If you start OA and you ckeck the commands of the game itself, bulldozer section, you can find them.

This bulldozer is fully compatible with old projects (at least as far as i have tested it, of course) and make maps compatible between A2 and A2OA (tested tonite on my project).

To use new bulldozer:

copy arma2oa.exe to p:\

copy \expansion\dta\bin.pbo to p:\

copy \expansion\dta\core.pbo to p:\

copy \expansion\dta\languagecore.pbo to p:\

unpbo them in their folders (make a copy of old ones to be sure)

set bulldozer to use as viewer p:\arma2oa.exe

working folder p:\

When on bulldozer -> F1 -> set keys and bind your preferred keys to new smooth features.

This is what i did. No warranties are provided, to be clear :D

:eek::eek::eek:

Hope to try it soon! It is perfect for road mountains, Trenches and other features! :yay:

Edited by Gunny1987

Will trenches still have to be huge, though? The terrain cell size is the same in OA, right?

Yeah, grid is the same. But this feature is nice for roads and aligning bridges, docks etc.

Sorry, my error (mh, my Fail is better :D)... For a moment I've thinked that also grid size has changed for small area......:icon_sad:

It seem you're using pbo's from expansion. I don't have tried new objects yet so i'm unable to help you.

Yes i do ! thanks anyway ! i'm trying to change the Binarize "Bin"s folder, will see !

Edited by Gamerz

Can anyone please share their experiences trying this?

I had the A2 Buldozer.exe working (more or less, it'd refuse to work unless the working dir was my prefix dir), but using arma2oa.exe in Buldozer mode, I can only seem to open an island I had created previously, and not the one I created yesterday (and could visualize fine with the old Buldozer).

I've tried checking and rechecking everything and everything seems to be right. It loads, I can even see the island I'm loading, but it crashes immediately. I don't have any objects defined for this island yet. I tried checking arma2OA.RPT and the only errors that pop up before the access violation don't seem to be relevant as they appear even when it doesn't crash.

edit: As always, five minutes after posting about it I manage to fix the problem. Nevermind, it was my own mess-up.

Edited by cctoide

Can anyone please share their experiences trying this?

edit: As always, five minutes after posting about it I manage to fix the problem. Nevermind, it was my own mess-up.

You asked us to "share our experience" on your issue. Now you've solved the problem it seems.

I think other peoples in your situation (now, or in the future) could be helped by knowing how you solved the problem.

I'm sorry, I usually post my solutions when I fix something like that. In this case it was a dumb mistake caused by not having used V3 in a while, I forgot to import dummy sat and mask images and it worked fine after that. :)

Doesn't work for me, I get the "Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data) no matter what I try.

Also, how do I get CPBO working in W7? I remember I had the same trouble with Vista, it comes up and says that that "default PBO icon already exists, not overwritten" Well naturally this means it doesn't work, any ideas?

Doesn't work for me, I get the "Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data) no matter what I try.

I get this error too - I assumed it was something to do with my free (:yay:), but irritatingly non-standard (:() Steam version of OA, since it's a pain in so many other areas... followed all the instructions - couldn't get it to work...

Sadly, RL working has caught up with me recently (dammit!) so I haven't really had the time to investigate further as yet...

On the CPBO front I had better success... check out this thread...

the "regedit out all .pbo (dot pbo) associations - reboot - reinstall cpbo - reboot" procedure worked fine for me with Win 7 x64... (first time I tried it - without the reboots - it didn't seem to work, so remember to do that bit)...

B

Ok thats strange... I've been working on Lingor project, went for a 9 day vacation, started up V3 bulldozer and a message "shaders not valid" appears. Its been working perfectly when I left the PC.. hmmm, PC's been shutdown with no-one accessin' it :)

Edit: I run P:\arma2oa.exe and P:\arma2oa.exe -bulldozer and the bulldozer is working again. Thats strange :)

Edited by IceBreakr

get the A2OA executable and place it on your P:\ folder.

Then use this one as bulldozer file (P:\arma2oa.exe -bulldozer)

The problem is due to a wrong BIN folder in your P:\ disk

The BIN is strictly related to the executable you use.

If you want to use Arrowhead as bulldozer you must get the BIN.PBO file from Arrowhead files (not from A2 folder!) and unpack into your BIN folder in P:\

When a bulldozer is ran with a wrong BIN folder in P:\ one of the files inside this folder is set to 0 size. Check if this is the problem :)

Edited by shezan74

shezan74: It seems V3 is working fine, but Oxygen2 crashes when using the OA executable? So I change \bin each time I use Oxy :)

@shezan74 : nice bit of info, thanks ^^.

Well, can somebody tell me how to tweak Buldozer controls so I can get a square looking as a square and the tittle bar out of the middle of screen?

copy arma2oa.exe to p:\

copy \expansion\dta\bin.pbo to p:\

copy \expansion\dta\core.pbo to p:\

copy \expansion\dta\languagecore.pbo to p:\

Bulldozer crashes and in RPT

always get this error :(

Error: Model core\default\default.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just 4 vertices

Error: Model core\default\default.p3d cannot be used as a sprite - it has not just 4 vertices

Edited by SenChi

I've de-pbo'ed the files into respective folders.

That worked for me.

(make a copy of old ones, if you need them in the future without reinstalling all)