Sign in to follow this  
Neo Prophet

cd key conversion from binary

so I've switched to windows 7, and of course cannot find the arma2 manual, however I have saved the cd key in the reg format (hex)

I have installed the game using the disk, gotten past the installation key prompt with a friends cdkey, and I'm now trying to reinstate my original key in its place.

however there is no BI, arma2, or anything associated with arma2 in the reg, meaning I have nowhere to put the old key, so where has it put the key that I entered?

however if someone can tell me what format the key needs to be converted to from hex, so I can just stick that in the installation prompt, then that would probably be a whole lot easier, as converting to ASCII turns up garbage.

Thanks

EDIT: i did mean hex not binary.

Edited by Neo Prophet

could anyone at least confirm if this is just a checksum, and thus not retraceable to the original key?

awesome, does that mean it is not a checksum, and will substitute the installation key fine? i don't want to start kicking my friend off servers i try and join with him :P

so i put the new cd key in hex, in the right reg location, and it's not giving me "wrong CD key" when i try and patch the game to 1.07, is this a patch issue or a key issue?

EDIT: sorry, scratch this, needed to change a 2 to a 3 ¬¬

Edited by Neo Prophet

So it's working now?

So it's working now?

well the game runs, however i cant seem to join any mp games, either complaining about missing dlc (mods im guessing?) or sometimes kicking me out the game after downloading the mission, and loading the game, ie just after the load would otherwise complete, it kicks me, no information given.

the key is fine, and if that is the only place the key is stored, them im guessing its just because i haven't downloaded popular mods like ACE and set up any options, i just patched the game to 107 and when straight to multiplayer.

will have a go again once I've downloaded ACE and set stuff up.