Sign in to follow this  
Aiky

How to run Steam ArmA 2 + Steam OA + Beta Patches

when i try and run arma2OA beta via steam as a shortcut

i get "/NoPathEntry/"

:mad:

This line was given to me by someone else in the forum

:runs

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@CBA;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Summer;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Islands;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -exthreads=7

ENDLOCAL

It works perfect. I just right-click and select the combined ops option in steam client. I never have to change it when a new beta comes out.

Problems with beta ARMA2_OA_Build_72291 for many users with the CD none steam install.

The posted target line suggestions and the beta arma2OA.exe wont work properly.:(

With -nosplash in target line it seems to work but when you do a quick check with the strobe it burns brighter than the sun & can be seen without NV & in daylight which is obviously bugged and other changes don't work either.

without -nosplash in target line you then get various missing file errors before and during game, (weird or what!)

The only thing that seems to work is: to use the original default arma2oa.exe in main folder & have (see below) in the start icon target line, it shows old build version number but beta changes seems to work ok.

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=Expansion\beta\Expansion\beta\Expansion;@then-any-other-mods

Edited by jgaz-uk

This line was given to me by someone else in the forum

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@CBA;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Summer;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Islands;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -exthreads=7

ENDLOCAL

It works perfect. I just right-click and select the combined ops option in steam client. I never have to change it when a new beta comes out.

that works, but very stupidly, lemme explain

i run CO via steam, it starts. it comes up with ACE as i have it in steam launch options. ace dont work, overlay dont work. AND its like the game isnt even running it through steam, my little name thing is in blue, when your in game its green ( i want my overlay lol ). but yet it picked up the ace launch option, the ACE splash comes up, but nothing works, ACE, nore the overlay

:j: the fuck is weird

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

wait........

am i changing the right one? in my default .cmd

its

"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

the one in the first post is diffrent

the one im changing is

G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

that works, but very stupidly, lemme explain

i run CO via steam, it starts. it comes up with ACE as i have it in steam launch options. ace dont work, overlay dont work. AND its like the game isnt even running it through steam, my little name thing is in blue, when your in game its green ( i want my overlay lol ). but yet it picked up the ace launch option, the ACE splash comes up, but nothing works, ACE, nore the overlay

:j: the fuck is weird

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

wait........

am i changing the right one? in my default .cmd

its

the one in the first post is diffrent

the one im changing is

Blank out your Steam options.

Run all your mods from your Op. Arrow directory. i.e. %_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACE;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACE.........

Run your -nosplash, etc... from the same file.

Here is my setup for Steam Combined Ops with full ACE (I use yoma to keep up to date).

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@CBA;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Summer;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Islands;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACE;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACEX;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACEX_SM;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -exthreads=7

ENDLOCAL

Run all your mods from your Op. Arrow directory. i.e. %_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACE;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACE.........

Here is my setup for Steam Combined Ops with full ACE (I use yoma to keep up to date).

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@CBA;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Summer;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Islands;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACE;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACEX;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACEX_SM;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -exthreads=7

ENDLOCAL

dude, your a legend my pc would be nearly dead without you lol!

worls flawlessy, i could hug you right now :eek:

still aint got my overlay, but screw it i can live without it :D

thankyou much much much and more!

also, whats yoma? keep ace up to date or somethin?

The great Addon Sync Yomatool with the awesome guys at Kellys Heroes keeping your ACE up to date! Do a search in the forums for it.

But don't thank me fully, someone else helped me get to that point. The beauty of the BIS community. People helping people.

BTW.... That @Islands addon is where I keep all the Islands the modders release (Thirsk, Duala, etc..). I also throw in things like the molation army duala thing in there too. Makes it real easy to update. Keeps the mod line count low too. Also is a tremendous help when you are in MP and the admin changes maps\missions. You don't have to restart to change your mod line. Just put all that stuff under a addons subfolder. i.e. @Islands\addons\all your islands files.

The @Summer is the summer tree mod. It gives me greater FPS by getting rid of the red/yellow trees.

Have fun!

Edited by Punisher5555

ENDLOCAL

Doesnt work for me, im running Steam Combined Operations (I have Arrowhead + Arma 2 )

Could you upload your .bat file for ACE 2 mod for arrowhead and the beta patch please? :( I'm smashing my head on my keyboard, none work.

My file is the default with only the start line changed.

I replaced whatever was between :runs line and the ENDLOCAL line with that call line.

The key is to blank your Steam options line, move all your missions/keys/userconfigs/@mods to the OA directory. Launch your Combined Ops by right-clicking ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead in the Steam library and selecting Launch ARMA2: Combined Operations.

I use the great Yoma Addonsync tool connected to the Kellys Heroes ACE OA updater server to keep my ACE updated.

My file is the default with only the start line changed.

I replaced whatever was between :runs line and the ENDLOCAL line with that call line.

The key is to blank your Steam options line, move all your missions/keys/userconfigs/@mods to the OA directory. Launch your Combined Ops by right-clicking ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead in the Steam library and selecting Launch ARMA2: Combined Operations.

I use the great Yoma Addonsync tool connected to the Kellys Heroes ACE OA updater server to keep my ACE updated.

You will need be more specific than that mate, I'm not to clever.

Could you explain it step by step, and give me the EXACT batch file or script you use?

I have Steam ArmA2 and Steam ArmA2:Op. Arrowhead. I have the Op Arrow head beta installed. I have the latest ACE2:Op Arrowhead updated mon/wed/friday using Yoma' AddOn Sync program tied to the Kellys Heroes update server. I use the Summer vegeatation mod to get better FPS, at least for me. I put all my islands (Duala, etc...) into one folder.

I run ArmA2: Combined Operations by launching the Steam Client. The "Set Launch Options" for ArmA2 and Op.Arrow are blank. I play ArmA2: Combined Operations by right-clicking the ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead in the library and selecting "Launch ArmA2: Combined Operations".

This is my folder structure (Win7 x64):

C:

->Program Files (x86)

->Steam

->steamapps

->common

->arma2 operation arrowhead

->@ACE

->@ACEX

->@ACEX_SM

->@CBA

->@CBA_OA

->@Islands

->AddOns (subfolder under @Islands) <-all island stuff

->@Summer

->Keys <-all the keys for your islands and other mods

->Missions <-all your single player missions, even ones from ArmA2

->rest of standard BIS install

This is my _runA2CO that is run when you launch ArmA2: Combined Operations:

SETLOCAL ENABLEEXTENSIONS

:v64_path_a2

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%A In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%B)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO v32_path_a2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v32_path_a2

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%C In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2PATH=%%D)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:uac_PATH_A2

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%I IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%J)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:std_PATH_A2

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%K IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2PATH=%%L)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2PATH (GOTO ENDfailA2) ELSE (GOTO v64_path_a2oa)

:v64_path_a2oa

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%E In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do (set _ARMA2OAPATH=%%F)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO v32_path_a2oa) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:v32_path_a2oa

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%G In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') Do set (_ARMA2OAPATH=%%H)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO uac_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:uac_PATH_A2OA

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%M IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%N)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO std_PATH_A2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:std_PATH_A2OA

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%O IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Bohemia Interactive Studio\ArmA 2 OA" /v "MAIN"') DO (SET _ARMA2OAPATH=%%P)

IF NOT DEFINED _ARMA2OAPATH (GOTO ENDfailA2OA) ELSE (GOTO RUN)

:run

:v64_path_steam

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%Q In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') Do (set _STEAMPATH=%%R)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO v32_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:v32_path_steam

For /F "Tokens=2* skip=2" %%S In ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') Do (set _STEAMPATH=%%T)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO uac_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:uac_path_steam

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%U IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%V)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO std_path_steam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

:std_path_steam

FOR /F "tokens=2* delims= " %%W IN ('REG QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Valve\Steam" /v "InstallPath"') DO (SET _STEAMPATH=%%X)

IF NOT DEFINED _STEAMPATH (GOTO ENDfailSteam) ELSE (GOTO runs)

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@CBA;%_A RMA2OAPATH%\@Summer;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\@Islands;%_ARMA 2OAPATH%\ACE;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\ACEX;%_ARMA2OAPATH%\AC EX_SM;ca" "-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -nosplash -world=empty -cpucount=2 -exthreads=7

ENDLOCAL

:end

exit /B 0

:ENDfailA2

exit /B 1

:ENDfailA2OA

exit /B 2

:ENDfailSteam

exit /B 3

The logic is: call(run) Op.Arrow with beta-> add ArmA2, add CBA, add Summer mod, add Island mods, add ACE2. Then beta paramters. Then lastly my dash launch options to make sure that this is what works for me/my system.

To make the Summer mod work it has to be in that order. arma/cba/summer/islands.

Since I play mostly single player I add these lines to my ArmA2.cfg (c:\users\"my user name"\My Documents\ArmA2). This way the firefights last longer and I do not get smoked by the uber AK-47 snipe from a million miles away.

skillFriendly=0.750000;

skillEnemy=0.400000;

precisionFriendly=0.750000;

precisionEnemy=0.400000;

Whenever a new ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead beta comes out I just run the installer. I do not erase the old directory since it just overwrites the files anyways. And by selecting CANCEL if Win7x64 asks if it was installed correctly nothing shows up in my Win7 Installed programs. Out-of-sight, out-of-mind. Nothing to erase. Nothing to uninstall. No worries. Just keep overwriting.

My procedure for this is:

Unzip beta.

Double click beta installer

Follow prompts

When Win7 x64 asks if the program installed correctly you select CANCEL

Again thanks to the others in the forum and BIS for helping me get to this configuration. It works perfect for me/my system.

Edited by Punisher5555

This is my _runA2CO that is run when you launch ArmA2: Combined Operations

What in the world is a "_runA2CO"? How do you get all the mods and the beta working together under CO?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

What in the world is a "_runA2CO"? How do you get all the mods and the beta working together under CO?

_runA2CO is the batch file that is run when you right click ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead and select Launch ArmA2:Combined Operations in the Steam Client.

The file is located in your ArmA2 Operation Arrowhead directory.