Sign in to follow this  
tromac

Mission fail by trigger when scud launches??

Hi all,

I have a timer counting down on detection by the OPFOR where the missiles may launch within 30 minutes. I would like to have a mission fail trigger on the launch of the missiles. I've trolled the site but can't find the answer. Anyone able to assist?

The best way to handle it would be worth an addevent handley.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ctrlAddEventHandler

because it detects when the SCUD is fired? If the scud is "firing" the missile then it should work..

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers#Fired

Unless its not considered a weapon nor firing it, then it wouldn't work.

Well, first off, the add eventhandler command you linked to isn't even for objects. It's for controls (maps). So it wouldn't even work on a SCUd launcher.

Second, the SCUD launch isn't a fired event. So adding a fired eventhandler isn't going to work. The scudState command will return the state of the SCUD (IIRC, 0 = travel position, 1 = launch position, 2 = launched) though.

because it detects when the SCUD is fired? If the scud is "firing" the missile then it should work..

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Event_Handlers#Fired

Unless its not considered a weapon nor firing it, then it wouldn't work.

Nope because if i remember well, the scud doesn't fire anything, it's just an animation. As it is (was) in OFP.

I suppose you haven't even bothered to search, otherwise you would have found this thread I created yesterday. :mad:

I will not explain it again, all you need to know is in that thread and at the BI Wiki.

I suppose you haven't even bothered to search, otherwise you would have found this thread I created yesterday. :mad:

I will not explain it again, all you need to know is in that thread and at the BI Wiki.

i did search thank you very much and that topic has nothing to do with my question! WOlle you will see another topic where I had asked about scuds yesterday and then found the post. I spent over 8 hours on research and such yesterday so don't assume I hadn't searched first, sometimes it is not easy to find relevant information off a search criteria.

But what I need to know is how to set up the mission fail criteria! Not how to control the scud, as I have that part under control.

Thanks.

Many thanks Michael.

Big Dawg also said this but did not elaborate. That is what I was after, appreciate it.

And WOlle mate I understand your frustration, I never ask a question without making an attempt to answer it myself. It annoys me to no end when people make no effort and just expect to be spoon fed everything.

*******EDIT

I'm an idiot and can't make this work. This is my first full mission and first actual use of end mission criteria so the learning curve it steep at the moment. Please tell me I am doing it completely wrong then feel free to chastise me and correct it :-)

I have a trigger set up for end1 with the condition of 'scudState scud1 == 4;' (not sure of the other settings I require for the trigger though). I have sychronised it to the waypoint which launches the scudstart and nothing.... no launch at all.

Edited by tromac
update

You don't need to synchronize anything. Just make sure the rocket launch works. The end trigger needs to have below parameters:

Type: End1

Condition: scudState scud1 >= 4

onActivation: forceEnd

Take note that the trigger is not activated immediately after the launch. The scudState condition is reached after the rocket reached a certain height. It takes around 10 seconds to activate it.

Edited by W0lle

Yep all good, that works a treat. I was trying so many different things and nothing was working.