Sign in to follow this  
TopDog

Independence lost

Hello,

when will Independence Lost be available?

Thanks!

I would say some time after they release Resistance (on 21st June) - assuming they can be buggered releasing it at all smile.gif

I suppose it depends on how well Resistance sells also...if it doesn't do too well, they may rethink releasing IL....

Details of IL in any regard seem to be far and few between...

I'll go with Snake on this one. Best time to release is right before x-mas here in the States.

if Independence Lost will be released short time after Resistance, no one will buy Restistance! Because everybody will wait for IL and buy IL!

Why shall I buy an Add-On (Resistance) for an older game, if the follower (Independence Lost) of the game will be released 1 or 2 month later?

I also can wait for IL!

first, it's unclear if IL will be available or not. they had website, but that's just about it.

second, if they are released, i doubt it will be released within 6 months of expansion's release. more like march of following yr.

so let's see what happens..

if Independence Lost will be released short time after Resistance, no one will buy Restistance! Because everybody will wait for IL and buy IL!

Why shall I buy an Add-On (Resistance) for an older game, if the follower (Independence Lost) of the game will be released 1 or 2 month later?

I also can wait for IL!

FYI, it's rather unlikely that IL is OFP2 (has never been said by BIS or anything, and it doesnt really look like a full blown successor).

And yes, there'll probably be some time between the release dates of Resistance and IL.

actually if i had to choose between the two i would choose resistance. it's always a lot more fun for me to face overwhelming odds and have to use strategy to defeat them while not having the huge resources of the U.S.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ April 21 2002,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">first, it's unclear if IL will be available or not. they had website, but that's just about it.

second, if they are released, i doubt it will be released within 6 months of expansion's release. more like march of following yr.

so let's see what happens..<span id='postcolor'>

agree with ralph on this one. I think that they will release IL well after chrsitmas, becuase ofp on xbox will be released some time around december i think.

As much as I love OFP, any game has a shelf life before it becomes dated. If BIS wait too long after Resistance, IL will probably sell very poorly, people will more likely wait for a possible OFP2. If they wait about 3-4 months after Resistance, it should do OK. Just my opinion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 22 2002,08:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'll buy both of them even if they come out at the same date<span id='postcolor'>

Same for me

and i think IL is OFP2

People who buy Xbox or any other console games are not in the main the same as people who buy PC games. So the markets do not interfere with each other. There for the dates of Xbox releases dont affect PC releases.

OFP 2 (Independence Lost) Release Date is bound to be Christmas to take advantage of Christmas sales elementary business sense.