Sign in to follow this  
Conveen

Apache looked Target but cant Hit it! (Bug?)

Hello, I fly the Apache alone without gunner in Arma2 and there I can looked the Target and fire and hit with the Hellfire. But is AO this dont work no more. In AO it also looked the Target but there is no fire signal and the hellfire dont hit the target. So what happens here?

I mean so is the Apache online no more good for use. Because you really have to found a good gunner, but all know what happen online with the gunners :)

Can this be fixed or change please?:j:

Quick, teamwork! Remove it before it encourages more!

Air (especially in a large desert) tends to be extremely overpowered, so this helps out a little bit.

You can't hit targets with the Hellfire if you don't have a gunner :)

You need a gunner. AI or player.

You can't hit targets with the Hellfire if you don't have a gunner :)

You need a gunner. AI or player.

I know, this need to fixed please BIS!!!:(:(:(

Err surly this thread proves it is fixed lol

Is the pilot of an ah-64 able to even use any weapondry???

yes they can, in reality the pilot can use all the weapons and the aircraft can be piloted from both stations, but its easier to stick with tradition.

Yes of there can this why we need fix it please.

Other way give he pilot the chance to jump in to the gunner seat.

Both option will be fine.:thanx:

I think it's great, and mixed with the fact you can't lock on instantly anymore makes this a feature not a bug IMHO.

Why don't you just add an AI? Or have someone gun? You'd have to suck real bad to mot be able to hit anything, especialy with FLIR being available!

In most MP Maps you dont have a AI :( like Domin. This "feature" really destroy the gameplay for pilots.

Yes of there can this why we need fix it please.

Other way give he pilot the chance to jump in to the gunner seat.

Both option will be fine.:thanx:

Reality vs Game, in games teamwork is mostly used when forced, by forcing these options a person can't just get in the longbows pilot seat and go off to wreak havoc in multiplayer.

Edited by NodUnit

@Conveen: Ehh, no it doesn't. Get someone to man the gun, or ask to gun for someone. If you can't find the manpower to man an attack helicopter, pilot something else.

In most MP Maps you dont have a AI :( like Domin. This "feature" really destroy the gameplay for pilots.

That "feature" is not destroying the gameplay. Maybe you should learn to play then?

Why? First and foremost as a pilot your job is to fly the aircraft, not fire it's weapons.

There's no point removing the usefulness of the gunner. What next, making tank drivers be able to aim and fire the tank's gun?

If the apache has a gunner there's a reason. I don't think it'd be easy in RL to aim a laser guided missle while keeping an helicopter like the Apache in the air.

Anyway we need that back the the pilot without gunner can use the Hellfire correct like in real live and maybe also in radar fire-and-forget version of the Hellfire missile LOBL please.

Edited by Conveen

In RL pilots don't go around without gunner, and if the gunner gets killed they RTB. They use Hellfires, and only longbow ones, only if it's a critical situation and while they aim they have to keep the helicopter still. I think things are good right now: no firing without gunner.

It would be fine to have gunner take control of chopper if pilot dies, but the other way is quite unrealistic, if the crew is of 2 men, then there have to be 2 men.

Finding an AI or asking a player to gun is easy, most people gets excited if you ask them to be gunner in the game's most advanced attack helo. And if you don't find anybody, just use an attack littlebird, it might not have hellfires but you won't need a co pilot.

I can fire fine without a gunner in ArmA 2 and Arrowhead, whats the issue?

Anyway we need that back the the pilot without gunner can use the Hellfire correct like in real live and maybe also in radar fire-and-forget version of the Hellfire missile LOBL please.

[YOTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Is this game really for you? Honestly, single-seating a twin seat attack helicopter? How do you expect to support your team on the ground if they need cannon fire on a specific target?

The Apache is not just a fire support platform but a machine with fantastic observational capabilities. You've got no magnification or thermal imaging, your cannon can only point straight ahead as opposed to ±120° in azimuth, ±30/-60° in elevation and you also have to fly 'down the barrel' to hit any infantry, effectively exposing you to small arms fire, which you shouldn't have to do.

And jumping between seats... :j:

Edited by Placebo

Conveen, not to be rude, but two things:

1. Seat jumping is a big no no in ArmA, and its impossible anyways

2. Try switching to manual fire if you are that desperate to be a lone wolf....

ArmA was made to enforce/encourage teamwork, not Rambos

Sorry if this comes off rude, but I'm just telling the truth

I've been having the problem of not being able to lock onto targets when i'm the gunner. I was right clicking like hell on a shilka but it wouldn't target the damn thing. I tried tab and it kept skipping the shilka for T-72s. I also couldn't get sidewinder locks on aircraft when I was in the A-10 but that was more random.

If you are/were playing on expert it does NOT show locks, in Vanilla A2, you just have to assume you are locked, in OA, wait for the beeping noise.

This beeping come only when you have a gunner. Without gunner no beeping and hit target.

A10 also the GBU dont look and hit the target, just fly with a Stuka hit or hit not.

Anyway, you can change position in all tanks also and in real the driver is not a gunner e.t.c.

This beeping come only when you have a gunner. Without gunner no beeping and hit target.

A10 also the GBU dont look and hit the target, just fly with a Stuka hit or hit not.

Anyway, you can change position in all tanks also and in real the driver is not a gunner e.t.c.

GBU is laser guided, so it needs some troops with laser markers to mark you the targets. Tanks have interiors in RL so switching between the gunner and commander is realistic (tho in RL usually never done). ACE2 disabled the ability to switch to driver seat when commander or gunner and then the Lone wolfs started complaining again.

I like this new change. Forces people to actually team up with others and not just go lone flying and crashing etc.

You can see Abrams commander and gunner in this pic

interior%20m1a2-1.jpg

http://www.tankmastergunner.com/images/military/Abrams/Interior/images/interior%20m1a2-1.jpg

And in RL there seems to be GLASS between the gunner and the pilot in the AH-64 so to switch seats you would have to go OUTSIDE.

AH-64D%20Long%20Bow%20rear.JPG

Edited by zenith777