Sign in to follow this  
pauliesss

New beta 71900 is up!(OA)

i had that problem with a M16 in the latest arma 2 beta patch. not in 1.07 or OA so far.

Just had it on Zargabad, with M4A1 holo. Seems it happens each time the mission loads.

Only one unit, and only in 3rd person perspective. Looked very amusing - like Johnny-No-Stars had been given a cardboard cut out gun to take into battle. LOD refused to change to 3D the whole time.

Edited by Richey79

I like the new crosshair that dosent return to center - much more realistic. But maybe it could be more random. Crosshair seems to move always to same pos (little right and up).

I like the new recoil, but that has to be toned down, it's making it nearly impossible to shoot a target again befoer he realizes youre there and kills you (bet the AI isn't affected by this new recoil effect?)

I like the new recoil, but that has to be toned down, it's making it nearly impossible to shoot a target again befoer he realizes youre there and kills you

Yep maybe tone it down just a bit.

Also noticed beta server doesn't need -Exthreads=1 anymore. I had to use it before to get all my content to work right. Maybe it's just me though... :rolleyes:

I think its was unfair for AI before. Player could hit the distant target 10 times in second, while AI have under 100% accuraty every time it shoots. It just takes some time to get use to with new recoil.

MAAWS is still flying strait like laser... and there is rangefinder in optic?! It brakes fun! Fun its that you dont hit things all the time! And for my opinion its way to fast!

initTime = 0.0200;
thrust = 610; // 230-255m/s   240*0.7 = 168*1+0.0200 = 0.16802
thrustTime = 1; // 1s of motor work
maxSpeed = 750; // somewhone there thinks that this is max speed in km/h 750km/h = 208m/s ??How if barrel exiting speed is defined to 250m/s in magazines config!

New recoil is just perfect. Dont chage it!

The performance is little better for me, but nothing significant(I am not doing any FPS tests, just my feeling).

still only 1xGPU in use on 4870x2 @win7 :((

no visible performance boost against 1.52 for me either :/

I've got the load spread between a 4870x2 and another 4870 with this beta renamed to arma2.exe, Cat 10.5 and 10.6 CrossFire profiles.

What seemed to help my performance more than anything else was setting antialiasing to high, 3D reso to 150% and PP off. I've set Cat AI to 'standard'. Everything else is application set. Windows 7 x64, so making use of the largeaddressaware .exe.

I would post Gpu Z results, but both that and EVGA Precision tell me I've got zero load on any of my GPUs (lol). Temperatures clearly show all three GPUs are handling load.

Hope you get yours working.

the beta patch fixed all the stuttering problems i had with oa and i get 55fps (5 more than before) for the oa benchmark and 59fps if i start the arma 2 benchmark.

excellent! :yay:

Now i can max out the game (only view distance to 3600, AA normal)

Love you BIS!:yay:

Ah well, i am not a fan of the new recoil. The old one was sufficient enough and kickback of the weapon is still not implemented.

ArmA is really a special game, no matter how good your PC is, it's no guarantee the game will run well. It's all luck :/

no matter how good your PC is, it's no guarantee the game will run well. It's all luck :/

yep, so for my older rig I know of course that cpu is the (most tiny) bottleneck ... but buying a newer, faster, better one could be the same as throwing the dice, I suppose.

just having installed OA, and I'll do test the new OA beta, too ... so I'll see what good is my rig with the game, now

Eek. Not liking the new recoil. I thought the vanilla OA recoil was fine. Is the change in the Beta deliberate or a bug? Perhaps someone can correct me on this but don't most modern assault rifles kick back but not up?

Edited by stun

So, is or not - the old A1 kickback back ?

it is, sort of. It's a bit more bland me thinks, but it's back. And I am happy!

I have to wrestle my AK down now with my mouse.. it's really cool.

Yeah, don't remove it, just reduce it.

Looks like I'm on my own on disliking the new recoil. What exactly is so exciting about having to wrestle your mouse? It's not like it is adding realism. It's pretty extreme compared to the arma recoil model - fire off two clips and you are pointing at the sky.

only reason I'm going full auto is when I'm not looking down my sights and I'm in pretty close to people.

it's pretty easy to control when you're not looking down your sights

Im kind in between... im mean, on traditional designs, its fine

on bulp-up or modern weapons is pretty ridiculous :/