Sign in to follow this  
Ventris

How to activate the PEQ lasers in the Editor?!

How do I turn on the PEQ Lasers?

I have some squads which I would like to use the lasers, but dont know how to turn them on with scripts/commands.

I think he means how to get other squads to activate it.

Like this:

this EnableIRLasers true;

You just press "L" as the thats the default key.

>scripts

>editor

>press "L"

Tell me, how do you think this will work? :headscratch:

I think he means how to get other squads to activate it.

Like this:

Yeah thats what Iam searching for (at least I think it is)!

How do I use this? I tried the initialisation line of a few soldiers with PEQs, but it didnt work?

EDIT: It does work, but they switch the laser on after they found a target. Is there a way to turn the lasers on right after starting the mission?

Edited by Ventris

Simply type this on the initialization box of the squad leader of your group in the mission editor:

{_x enableIRLasers true} forEach units this;

For flashlights, it's almost the same but it is:

{_x enableGunLights true} forEach units this;

Now, when they encounter targets, they will turn their PEQ units on (if their weapon is equipped with them). If you want them to do that before encountering an enemy, you will have to give them a waypoint with behaviour set to "Danger". The only trade off is that they don't move very fast and will do bounding overwatch when they are moving under this behaviour. But they will turn their lasers on. This is realistic because in real life they don't turn those lasers on until they are entering a hostile AO (Area of Operation).

I hope that makes things a bit simpler for the beginner or intermediate mission maker. I really hate it when people just throw out code without clear examples of how to implement the code into a mission and/or addon which is why I thought I'd post.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I still couldn't get them to use the lights or laze a target instead they attack jeeps with pistols.