Sign in to follow this  
kocrachon

Halo altimiter gone? (AO)

So I used the original HALO script from original ArmA 2, and for some reason there is no longer a speedometer or altimeter or what ever its called that lets us know how fast we are moving or what the altitude is, so we have no idea when to open chutes...

Anyone know of a script or something that adds one?

[soldier1] exec "ca\air2\halo\data\Scripts\HALO_getout.sqs";

Where do I find this new scripting/function? The wiki has little information on OA right now.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I found this on another site but I have no idea how to use it.

BIS_fnc_halo
  Description:
  High Altitude Low Opening

Parameter(s):
  _this:   ARRAY   - starts HALO jump directly
     OBJECT   - waits until unit in array is out of vehicle
  Notes:
  Must be used in a non scheduled environment (ie through spawn)

Without looking at the script, maybe try (remember to place Funcitons module):

halo = myGuy spawn BIS_fnc_halo

this moveInCargo C130; halo = guy1 spawn BIS_fnc_halo

Guy was named guy1 and used this, didn't work, he just normally parachuted out.

Well I'll have to look at the function when I get home then to find out how to call it.

Also, is it possible to have my guy enter "halo" mode when he steps out of the static C130?

Yes it should be with eventhandlers..

Also if the speed and altitude is so important for you make yourself a nice while statement ( if the player is in halo mode ) and made the statement so that it updates a hint format message containing altitude and speed.

it will be easy if we can extract the Practice Missions. I tryed it (Missions_e.pbo) with cpbo but it is not possible. Someone knows a Possibility to extract the Missions ?

Greetings

opened now with "Eliteness" works for me. But the Jump action is called in the mission.fsm via Functions and i am not confirm with this procedure : (. Also i cant add the steerable Parachute to the Player or as Cargo : (.

Hope the Guys here have a quick Solution for happy Jumps : )

Greetings

Anyone have a soultion yet as for the new OA HALO script or function?

What do you need? An altimeter? hint format ["%1", getPosATL player select 2]; or so? -.-

I don't think it is just an altimeter any more, but the full function and how to use it.

The Parachute Boot Camp mission displays the altitude in a hint box, so obviously the data is there. No idea why they removed it though.

Got HALO working, albeit without the altimeter.

In your vehicle put this in it's init line to give all occupants the HALO JUMP option.

this addAction ["HALO JUMP","jump.sqf",[],1,false,true,"","_this in _target"];

The contents of jump.sqf would be as follows:

player action [ "eject", vehicle player];
player spawn bis_fnc_halo;
player setvelocity [0,120*0.8,0];
player setdir 0;
player allowdamage true;

Needs the Functions module on the map.

Edited by kylania

Thanks, it works!

My only issue is how to do that in the same vehicle after it respawns. Lets say I am in a C130, I HALO out, but before the C130 goes back to base it gets shot down. Once that C130 respawns at base I want to be able to HALO out of it again.

This is the example default init line for vehicles to respawn with a vehicle script that I use.

veh = [this, 30, 3600, 0, TRUE, FALSE] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

Back in ArmA 2, I simply did this:

veh = [this, 30, 3600, 0, TRUE, FALSE, this addAction ["HALO Jump","jump.sqf",[],1,false,true,"","_this in _target"]] execVM "vehicle.sqf";

And it worked fine. But for whatever reason that is only giving the HALO action at initial spawn, and not after respawn like it used to. Any ideas?

Edit:

Alright, its a little crude but I got it to work. If anyone has any better ideas, hit me up.

veh = [this, 30, 3600, 0, TRUE, FALSE, "this addAction ['HALO Jump','jump.sqf',[],1,false,true,'','_this in _target'];"] execVM "vehicle.sqf"; this addAction ["HALO Jump","jump.sqf",[],1,false,true,"","_this in _target"];

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

Got this to work really nicely using a trigger activated as soon as I fell below height of static c130.

player setvariable ["bis_fnc_halo_now",true]

Player was the name of my unit also..

Also had this in the init line of the unit

halo = player spawn BIS_fnc_halo

Edited by Pele93

The Parachute Boot Camp mission displays the altitude in a hint box, so obviously the data is there. No idea why they removed it though.

Got HALO working, albeit without the altimeter.

In your vehicle put this in it's init line to give all occupants the HALO JUMP option.

this addAction ["HALO JUMP","jump.sqf",[],1,false,true,"","_this in _target"];

The contents of jump.sqf would be as follows:

player action [ "eject", vehicle player];
player spawn bis_fnc_halo;
player setvelocity [0,120*0.8,0];
player setdir 0;
player allowdamage true;

Needs the Functions module on the map.

Ty so much, been trying to figure this one out.

but still no word on how to get some form of altimeter, its really hard to know exactly when to open the chute at the best time, I generally keep opening it too high or too low. I am also trying to use this for MP coop. I have gotten the HALO working a long time ago... Its the altimeter I need that is usable for coop.

You should be able to use something like this, as was done in the BootCamp mission:

BIS_AdvHints_Dynamic = [{round(position player select 2)}];

I just can't for the life of me figure out how to use BIS_AdvHints at all. :( It's all part of FSM which is more of a mystery to me than unicorns.

Hmm, maybe this will help:

WIP MIssion of Mine

Still needs to be tested in MP/dedicated, should be done this weekend of just after, i hope :D

HALO starts in c130 you can run/walk crawl out the static aircraft, has ALTIMETER :yay: (adv Hints system)

I do use FSM since i have been exploring that recently. Still a dirty, but working version, rest of the mission need some work aswell, was a bit fixated on the HALO :P

Hope this helps

Edited by NoN_Shiva
do i need a reason ?

Weird, when I use [_unit,_unit call XfGetHeight] spawn BIS_fnc_halo; the camera shakes like crazy all the way down, both before and after I pull the chute.

No one else has this problem?

What's really strange is that it only seems to happen running it in my mission using dom 117, the same setup works fine in on the servers.

Is that using the OA script?

Thanks

Edited by callihn

No problems with HALO, and added my own altimeter. Feet ASL though, taking into account island elevation offset (command: getElevationOffset). Haven't looked much into Adv Hints yet. I like what I see, but there is too much to reprogram to use it (for my edit). I'm not generally a fan of hint, and try to remove them as much as possible and rely on radio messages (only) instead where appropriate.