ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

When you send an Email to support@bistudio.com or via the email web form it automatically opens a support ticket, did you use the same Email address as your forum account? If not PM me the email address used and your name and I'll search the support system.

Which brings me to the issue at hand. I downloaded the game and tried to install it. ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead install without any problems, but when I try to install BAF or PMC (ACR seems to work though), it extracts to the temp folder just fine, but the setup won't start. I try to start it, the splash comes up for a few seconds and then it exits. So basically, it's not installing. I strongly suspect the culprit to be ReactorActivate.exe, as in that Stardock activation included in the installer. Because it itself won't run, the addon won't install.

I mailed stardock with a question of dependancies, but am still waiting for a meaningful reply.

Was there any resolution to this error? ...because I have it too.

BAF and PMC simply will not install.

I get the following message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\User\Michael\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I have tried:

1. reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64.
  2. disabling my antivirus (Microsoft Defender) during installation.

Please help.

Edited by SisyphusV

BAF and PMC simply will not install.

Just an update...

Customer support asked me to upgrade the 2005 and 2008 versions of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64.

That didn't work, either.

Their next suggestion:

"in that case I'm sorry but I cannot help you any further. PMC and BAF

do not work on Windows 8 under normal circumstances and there are no

workarounds other than the one I sent you."

So that is that. :(

When you send an Email to support@bistudio.com or via the email web form it automatically opens a support ticket, did you use the same Email address as your forum account? If not PM me the email address used and your name and I'll search the support system.

I mailed it to the email directly now, will see if it's of any use.

Was there any resolution to this error? ...because I have it too.

Please help.

Us two are by far not the only ones with this problem.

You might try the tip left in this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?138990-Can-t-Install-BAF-PMC-DLC-on-Windows8-ACR-installs-fine

As for the problem in my case; Stardock says they sold the technology to Gamestop so they aren't helping.

WOW, I have the same problem, sent a trouble ticket in and haven't received a response yet. I have purchased the PMC, BAF and the ACR DLC and well, and they are offering no corrective measure. Not good customer service with a response like that, BI needs to fix it. Until then I would recommend removing the PMC and BAF DLC content from Steam and remove PMC, and BAF DLC from their store as well. It would appear the ARC DLC will install on Windows 8 Pro, at least it did for me.

Edited by Landdon

Bought and cant install arma2 oa!

crc sound.pbo error message..

Now? Get my money back? no.. iam so angry damnit. We are 2013 cant even get a game playable?

The lack of support is disappointing, what can I say, apparently it's better to pirate BI software to not pay for some retarded copy-protection that will not allow installation of a bought product.

I will not be buying any more BI products.

The lack of support is disappointing, what can I say, apparently it's better to pirate BI software to not pay for some retarded copy-protection that will not allow installation of a bought product.

I will not be buying any more BI products.

Check this out. Fixed everything for me. Hope it works for you all. Post #16 on this page.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131764-Arma-2-on-Windows-8&p=2166361&viewfull=1#post2166361

I'll retract my previous statement as BIS fixed and replaced the installers, they work without a problem now.

Could Someone Upload Or Link To Download The File

Plants_e.pbo

I Get An CRC. Error Everytime I Install Arma 2 OA - Downloaded Arma 2 And OA From Amazon And Can't Re-download The Whole Thing It's Killing My Download Usage

hey I've had trouble installing OA i didn't bother reading through the whole thread so sorry if its already been answered but i have purchased the combined operations pack (the one with 2 disk arma2 and OA) arma 2 works fine but when i put the OA disk in the drive it comes up with the install so i go to the install and type in the cd code. as soon as it recognizes that the cd code has been entered it goes onto the setup saying where i want to put the game on my computer after that it starts to install but stops in the first 2 seconds and pops up with (file not found) D:\ARMA2Patch1_09 something like that and sometimes says something about battleye sorry i can't be more specific I'm away from home using my mac so i can't remember the actual message but thats the basic message can anyone please help me I'm really stuck and i want to play online with my friends asap thanks :)

hey I've had trouble installing OA i didn't bother reading through the whole thread so sorry if its already been answered but i have purchased the combined operations pack (the one with 2 disk arma2 and OA) arma 2 works fine but when i put the OA disk in the drive it comes up with the install so i go to the install and type in the cd code. as soon as it recognizes that the cd code has been entered it goes onto the setup saying where i want to put the game on my computer after that it starts to install but stops in the first 2 seconds and pops up with (file not found) D:\ARMA2Patch1_09 something like that and sometimes says something about battleye sorry i can't be more specific I'm away from home using my mac so i can't remember the actual message but thats the basic message can anyone please help me I'm really stuck and i want to play online with my friends asap thanks :)

You will have to give us the exact error message :)

Additionally you can also mail :

support@bistudio.com

what do i do any way i can fix this error or is it fucked i really need to find out how to do this thanks :)

I bought Operation Arrowhead this week on steam, I installed the game opened normally okay, but when I install the latest version of the beta patch appears "Wrong CD Key" and I can not update the beta patch

I think you need to UpGrade your ram witch 16 GB is about $20.99 its pretty

cheap but if that does not work then your hard drive is either full or is too slow

I can not install BAF and PMC on Win 10. DLCs downloaded in Steam, but dont run the installation file. When the game starts i get this error. How can I solve this problem?XtgVVDwim4Y.jpg

On 3/10/2016 at 8:41 AM, Lest18 said:

I can not install BAF and PMC on Win 10. DLCs downloaded in Steam, but dont run the installation file. When the game starts i get this error. How can I solve this problem?

I have Installed Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, BAF via Steam on Windows 10 Pro. I cannot start BAF DLC with the error "You have no access rights to install the application". I am under Administrator account and have all permissions. What can I do to install BAF?

7 hours ago, ViperAleks said:

I have Installed Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, BAF via Steam on Windows 10 Pro. I cannot start BAF DLC with the error "You have no access rights to install the application". I am under Administrator account and have all permissions. What can I do to install BAF? 

Run steam as an administrator, test if it works, or reinstall baf

On 7/11/2019 at 11:15 PM, dalber24 said:

Run steam as an administrator, test if it works, or reinstall baf

I started Steam as an Administrator and BAF installed correctly. Thank you for the help!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, ViperAleks said:

I started Steam as an Administrator and BAF installed correctly. Thank you for the help! 

No problem, I'm glad I could help!.👍