ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Hi all!

I just installed my Arma 2 and upon installing the AO I get the following error: Cannot create file. c:\Program Files\Arma 2\ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe

It happens every time. I even copied the whole dvd content to my hard drive. Same result. I am running Windows 7 X64 on Samsung SSD.

Any ideas?

Hello.

I have problems with installing BAF and PMC. Army of Czech Republic installed correctly and works fine though.

All 3 DLC i downloaded from GamersGate.com

BAF and PMC installers dont work correctly. I have error:

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have Windows 8 Release Preview.

Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series.

I tried to turn off antivirus and firewall, reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ components but nothing work.

I just bought two copies of the "Arma X Anniversary Edition". On my second PC the installation went without problems, but on my first i cant install Operation Arrowhead.

Arma 2 itself made no problem during the install progress. But with the Operation Arrowhead DVD, first comes the autostart menu then i hit install and after a short period i get an typical "all explaining" :j: Windows crash message "Arma setup has encountered a problem.. bla bla bla" in more information it says: AppName: setup.exe AppVer: 2.0.2.0 ModName: setup.exe ModVer: 2.0.2.0 Offset: 00d4f25b

With the DVD from the second copy it says the same allthought the dvd worked on the second pc.

Any ideas?

I got Windows XP 32 bit, AMD Phemon 2 X6, ATI Radeon HD 5770, 3.12 gb ram.

Hello,

I got a really big Problem. I actually bought "Arma 2: Combined Operations" at Amazon. As I came back from the post office I just throw the DVD "Arma 2 Black Edition" in my DVD reader. My Computer totally freezes and and a blue error sreen appeared. He booted up again and at the Windows start sign he just crashed and this repeated evertime until I just took the DVD out.

So here is what I tried out: I put a other DVD in. Worked. Nothing crashed.

Autorun blocked. Still crashes.

Save Mode from Windows. Same as allways.

Im not a Computer Pro but I can do allot if someone explains me it.

Im running Windows 7.

thx If someone helps me !

I will try out all!

Can you access another PC and copy the contents of the DVD to a flashdrive and then install from that? Alternatively see if there's an updated firmware for your DVD drive? And/or updates system drivers for your motherboard?

I'll try and make this as brief as i can. I just recently developed an issue that involves a Beta Patch that, for whatever reason, I installed a couple of months back. I never had an issue so I just left it alone. At least until this week.

For reasons unknown to me right now, I can no longer launch the game using my normal A2 CO shortcut and now all of a sudden I have to use a shortcut for the Beta itself. The version and Beta currently installed are 1.62.96751

The problem with using the Beta Patch is that Ace 2 does not work. It loads and all the addons for it appear and can be used, but items like Grenades, flashbangs, medical items, do not work at all. I can throw 100 grenades and a) They do not visually appear in game and b) Do not detonate.

Si my question is this, in order to remove the patch, can I just uninstall Op Arrowhead and everything else that came afterward OR am I going to need to do a complete uninstall of the original Arma 2 game also?

The reason I ask is b/c I no longer have the original Arma 2 disc, however, Operation Arrowhead, British Forces, Czech forces, etc, I bought off of GamersGate and can still download and reinstall.

Also, I'm not really in a position where i can purchase the original again at this time. If I could, I would. But I can't so that's what brings me here now. I hate not being able to use ACE, but I don't want to uninstall anything that's going to cause the entire game to not work either.

Thanks for any advice anyone has on the subject.

GP43

EDIT- Or, would i be better off installing the newest Beta Patch also? Could that work?

Edited by Genpatton043
Additional info

ok so i downloaded arma 2 combined operations off of steam and arma 2 works but operation arrowhead does not it comes up with and error saying " No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfigingameui/mptable.shadow' and connot open file 'c:\ program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\dubbingradio_epbo expected 193371979b got 164495360

please reply

thanks this happens when i start it up

Edited by helprequired

@Genpatton043:

Beta patches should not effect in any way the current version of the game or mess with any of its files, they are located in a folder that will be loaded only if you run the included beta shortcut. Only problem that I know a beta patch has affected the game was in older versions, when running the beta uninstaller it sometimes removed core files. Best way to uninstall a beta is to just delete the beta directory inside the expansions folder. And don't install beta over beta, always remove first.

Also, I had some strange problems with ArmA2CO once and I tracked it down to a beta of ArmA2 (beta folder inside base game folder). For some strange reason the beta folder will somehow autoload and interfere with the game. Remove any ArmA2 beta.

@helprequired:

"c:\ program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\expansion\addons\dubbingradio_epbo expected 193371979b got 164495360" points to a corrupted download from steam of game files. Select verify game cache to repair any broken files.

For "No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfigingameui/mptable.shadow" read and respond on the MPTable.shadow & pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha Thread - the only one! thread.

Hello,

I have a Problem with my Arma 2 Installation.

When i install it, i became a CRC Error at many files.

How can i repair it or anything else?

I have buy it as a Disk, No Download

ps. Sry for my Bad English, cause im from Germany :P

i need help as well :/ i am on a 64 bit windows 7, so i downloaded arma 2 and OA last night but now im ready to install but half way through arma 2 says "crc error" and so does OA but OA does it at like 99%. and i tried lookin at the takistan thing but it isn't the corrupt file he had. i dont know what to do lol i need help other wise i bought it for nothing and missing out on a good game, i downloaded it from amazon btw. please help D:

I would like to explain in detail as to what I did to solve this. That way if someone is having the same problem they can use this as a reference.

The file that was giving me problems was the takistan_data_layers. I navigated to the folder where the game downloaded to and went to the exact folder where the file was/is. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons.

I found the file and noticed that it was Gzip file. So it was named; takistan_data_layers.pbo.gz I copied it over to my documents and when I tried to extract it I got a message from WinRaR telling me that it was corrupt. So what I did was ask Günter to send me his file that he had. Now keep in mind that the file was ONLY the .pbo AND it was NOT in a folder. So the .pbo was zipped only.

I zipped up the file that Günter sent and named the zipped file; takistan_data_layers.pbo and moved it over where the corrupt one came out of: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons. I didn't have to name the file ending with the .gz because WinRAR "associates" that paticular file as a .gz so even though I used WinRar and zipped it up as a .rar, all I had to do was change the ending of the zipped file from .rar to .pbo. So please pay close attention to detail as it needs to be identical

I launched the installer and it worked. So basically I replaced the corrupt file with another one. If someone is having a similar issue, try this but make sure you backup the original file(s).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have the same issue with Arma 2 OA i fixed 2 files that wouldnt work by changing the suffix, but this one is different it wont work :/ its "wheeled_e.pbo.xz" and i dont know what to do to fix it. its the crc error i am currently re-downloading OA to see if that works but in the mean time it would be great if i could get help to fix this :) ps. its a download from amazon

I've had arma 2 for about a year and a half now its played great I had all the mods going. I have not formatted my pc within that time. I just uninstalled arma 2 months back.

anyhow I installed it just fine arma 2 and OA BUT when its time to update the game to 1.60 I keep getting .pbo errors. this .pbo that .pbo its always character_e.pbo , modules.pbo & some other i forget atm. i Downloaded patch 1.60 7 times now and did the md5 checks and they are a match to the .zip file NOT the .exe the Downloads came from torrent and official website.

Been trying to install for a week now. I use windows to extract and .7z to extract :mad: WTH is wrong with 1.60?!

EDIT: uhh now I get crc errors during install, tried copying to hdd still get errors. my dvd drive has up to date drivers. Can I get a replacement disk somehow ?

EDIT:

I GOT PASSED THE CRC ERROR AND THE .PBO ERRORS But it cost me some $$

-first off I had the patching problems (.pbo error xdelta3 blah blah) after I renistalled the game a year after i uninstalled it, Time went by.

-Second I noticed during install the progress bars rolling back before the crc error occured. so i updated the firmware & no dice

So I bought a new bluray drive (sick overkill)

if you install a broken game to begin with the patches are not going to work.

Before anything try updating the firmware & maybe clean the lens on you optical drive if that does not work.

-SO update firmware, do fresh install if you get crc error or patch error try another optical drive and redo the fresh install.-

*also if you dont have any money or second drive you can "TRY" a fresh install but this time with the read speed on your drive slowed down

this is how I got passed it, just sharing it.

Edited by Carzilla
your welcome

Hi,

I've just bought Arma 2: Combined Operations.

DVD1" Arma 2 Black Edition" gets installed perfectly but as soon as i try to install Operation Arrowhead i get an error message that it can't find a certain file : data baf.pbo.gz

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Edit:

tried once more to install it.

Now it took a bit longer to show an error message.

So now i'm copying the files from the DVD to my PC to try it once more, but now other errors showed.

misc.pbo , misc2.pbo , misc3.pbo, mission.pbo and a bunch of other files can not be copied or found.

By now I'm really wondering if this DVD i bought is even playable...

Edited by Alpaca

I write here because I have not found an appropriate topic. I have a problem, I bought the game(Arma 2 Combined operations) through Steam, and there is no Russian language. In the options of the language is not Russian only English and Czech. The question is how to change the language to Russian?

Howdies making this post for a friend.

Problem

Arma CO from Amazon.com

Multiple times could not install ArmA 2 because of CRC error. Redownloaded x5 times close to hitting bandwidth cap for month.

File- Air2.pbo.gz

He managed to jerryrig and rename the files from install and it skipped them. 0.o

Unfortunately then his arma oa install wouldnt allow him to skip their crc (has a checkfile) and thus that installation failed.

any idea what can be going wrong?

Amazon have their own distribution system so you'd need to troubleshoot it with them I'm afraid :(

Purchased and downloaded Arma 2, and Arma2 operation arrowhead last night 3 times each from 'Meridian 4' though Amazon.com.

All copies were corrupt on instillation, and the game wouldnt install. I'd get random CRC errors though out each installation.

I contacted Amazon and they insist they provided, and i sucessfully downloaded the game, and its Bohemia Intereactive's responibility to provide me a reliable installable version of the game.

They offered a standing full refund if your unwilling to fix the problem Meridian 4 has with your installation of the game.

I got no response what so ever from Meridian 4.

I didnt buy the game just to get full refund, i bought the game to play with my friends. If another option can be offered, like a different place i can get the corrupted files from, or somewhere else i can get a working copy of the game that would be great.

Managed to Get Grinders copy working after uploading of file that didnt pass the crc check. Took forever but it is finally working. ~solved~

Even ladies and gents, having a slight problem thats a tad bit infuriating, though i've been looking for days on an answer to my problem with no luck, still going to search but I figured i'd post here and give it a go

I've been having problems left and right trying to get A2:OA MP to work properly for me, I was using a retail copy of A2 and the steam copy of OA for the longest time, and it seems like recently since DayZ blew up, that option ended up becoming unreliable, so the other day I caved and finally bought the steam version of A2, which solved ALL but ONE of my problems. I used to get errors left and right about missing files and keys, which I ran A2 before running OA so I know to do that much, I updated BE and even ran beta patches for both games, no luck...sorry rambling, ANYWAYS point is, im down to ONE last problem. I constantly get an error that says "Common/ca_scripts.pbo are signed on a key not recognized by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional keys recognized by this server" blah blah the usual. Now my question is, WHAT exactly IS Common/ca_scripts.pbo? Because I've looked EVERYWHERE to see if anyone else has had a similar problem with no luck at all, so I cant really find a fix to a problem no one else seems to have @_@. Any clue people? I've re-installed and ran Both A2 and OA separately multiple times, verified integrity of the files, ran as administrator, no luck whatsoever trying to fix this problem.

Im at my wits end.

Edited by ArtixViper

Support is about as useful as an eunuch in a whorehouse so I will post my question here;

I skimmed the troubleshooting thread and did not see this issue, I am sorry if I missed it somehow and if this has already been answered.

My issue is, I recently uninstalled ArmA completely because of a crash I was getting whilst playing online. It was the Battleye #3 error about corrupt data or something like that. The Battleye guy told me this was just Battleye booting me off servers because the game crashed and not the game crashing because of Battleye. I find this hard to fathom, as I don't use any mods, but ok, I accept that a game file might become corrupted somehow.

Which brings me to the issue at hand. I downloaded the game and tried to install it. ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead install without any problems, but when I try to install BAF or PMC (ACR seems to work though), it extracts to the temp folder just fine, but the setup won't start. I try to start it, the splash comes up for a few seconds and then it exits. So basically, it's not installing. I strongly suspect the culprit to be ReactorActivate.exe, as in that Stardock activation included in the installer. Because it itself won't run, the addon won't install.

I mailed stardock with a question of dependancies, but am still waiting for a meaningful reply.

Support is about as useful as an eunuch in a whorehouse so I will post my question here;

Did you email support to open a support ticket? Because I just searched our support system and there's nothing from your email address?

I sent two messages through the website form at STORE.Bistudio.com Contact Details. I didn't see any ticket opening options.