ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

I got OA gifted from a friend on gamersgate.

I had Arma II on DVD for some time now. I downloaded OA and i manage to install Arma II plus the 1.07 Patch just fine. When trying to install OA i get an error telling me that a CRC did not match for file mics3.pbo.bi.bisign

I looked up a couple of topics about this CRC errors, but none helped me so far. Most said about returning the DVD, but re-downloading the 7,5gb takes me about 18 Hours. I want to avoid that.

What can i do?

If the install files are corrupted I don't think there's much else you can do but re-download.

I have got the same problem now. I uninstalled arma 2 and operation arrowhead to clean the game up. I install arma 2 and 1.09 patch and after that I install operation arrowhead from a standalone dvd but every time I do it my computer frezes at sound.pbo. I tried to extract that file from dvd but nothing works. I tried to install the game on a mobile hard drive on my second pc. It worked but my second pc is too old for arma and copying arma2oa installed on my mobile hard drive doesn't work. I've been playing this game for almost 2 years and I can't play it no more! Dammit! Do I realy have to buy another one arrowhead dvd? Maybe it will support bis XD What the hell is going on with my game??

Hope this is the correct place. BAF and PMC will not install

Had uninstalled all games with uninstall WIN7 utility do to a game crash. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

I removed user profiles C:\Users\***name***\Documents\ArmA 2

Removed addons sixupdater etc.

Restarted computer.

I then installed arma2 Disk started game saved then exited.

did the same for arma2 OA disk no problems all ok.

I did the patches to 1.54 all ok then went to install BAF the software unpacks and an install screen starts but then crashes the same for PMC.

I carried on patching the BAF light doesnt install from patches has anyone got any ideas Ive reinstalled the dam game 8 times trying different things, I have made sure adminstrator was on and virus software off fire wall off. HELP please.

Could it be a registry file left behind preventing re installation? if so where would I look.

I have even bought 4 more copies of the baf and pmc from different locations with same error.

I have Arma2 1.11 and Arma2 OA 1.60 already installed and working as Combined Operations. I have just installed BAF and PMC only addons from the ArmA 2 Reinforcements DVD in my A2 OA folder. Now, after installation I applied the patch 1.60 again which I dowloading from the official ArmA 2 website. But as the setup comes down to update the setup, this error interrupts the update...

Error found in file PMC\Addons\dubbingradio_pmc.pbo (676c7914!=62c927dc)

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file 1.02, phase 10.

I have download the patch twice, one from torrents and other today from the official Arma2 website, I have updated the Arma 2 and OA to 1.11 and 1.60, respectively from this patch but now can't update official addons.

Now, when I try to run the game, this error shows up

Failed to load file "e:\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 OA\PMC\addons\air_pmc.pbo" - decryption of headers failed.

Anyone? any ideas? what I am doing wrong here??

Edited by uzipaz
typo

So you installed only the DLC from RFT?

If so best to contact BI support/Dwarden.

It seems RFT has some issues working together with OA/CO, as one can read many people having such issues.

So you installed only the DLC from RFT?

Yes, only the DLCs, I already have Arma2,OA with 1.60 updated and working...

The error message in the title is what i still get after i had steam check my game files five times.

Each time a small file is downloaded but that obviously doesn't fix my problem.

I have a retail ArmA II and have bought the Arrowhead expansion on Steam.

My system is a Phenom II x6 T1100 on a Asus Crosshair IV Mainboard, 16 GB Corsair 1333 DDR3 Ram, the graphics card is a ATI HD6950 with 2GB VDDR5,

I have a 120 GB SSD system disk and 3 1TB samsung HD's in a RAID5, The OS is Win7/64 Ult. and my AV is Bitdefender.

Needless to say that ArmA II OA is the only Software which troubles me on this system, even Cliffs of Dover is running well.

Help please.

SOLVED!

I did a complete uninstall of ArmAII and OA and reinstalled OD per Steam -> it works now.

Edited by robtek
Problem SOLVED!

Hey all. Just wondering, I've downloaded the free version and gone to install it (after unzipping) and it says it is missing a .dll file.

The error message that comes up is:

"This application failed to start because X3DAudio1_6.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

-It says this every time (even after re-downloading).

The readme file says to re-install it and should be fine, but to no avail and instead, has the same issue. I tried a re-downloading too, but no.

Any idea?

Hi I have the steam version of operation arrowhead and am reinstalling my retail CD of arma 2 to have combined ops.

Is there is anywhere i can download arma 2 (can only find "arma 2 free" to download on google search) since my cd drive is broken, and I also don't know which arma 2 patches i need to install to get CO working.

Thanks in advance.

Win7 and Norton did some update yesterday evening. The game was working fine until 6pm and corrupted the Arma 2 / Oa Game Blocking access to Net etc.

Game would start then crash or let me load into online game then crash. Found Norton blocking access to game and servers saying it was a virus. Removed block still no good Removed the Norton Stuff with removal tool.

Reboot still crashing.

Un installed arma 2 and Arma oa

Re boot.

Fresh install Main drive c is not used for software all software installed to drive F.

Ran arma 2 saved game.

Installed Oa ran game saved ok

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.50-1.56 to 1.57 all good. Game runs ok.

Then downloaded fresh copy BAF from sprocket.

Then I open the BAF installer / zip file it unpacks then arma 2 baf image shows then crashes. Does the same for PMC.

I went through this before and cant remember the fix.

If someone can help would be great Im waiting for sprocket to reply as well.

I have just bought Arma 2 Combined Operations & Arma 2 OA

The CD Key works for Arma 2 Combined Ops but asks for a different key on the OA CD? Where am I going wrong?

Many thanks.

Win7 and Norton did some update yesterday evening. The game was working fine until 6pm and corrupted the Arma 2 / Oa Game Blocking access to Net etc.

Game would start then crash or let me load into online game then crash. Found Norton blocking access to game and servers saying it was a virus. Removed block still no good Removed the Norton Stuff with removal tool.

Reboot still crashing.

Un installed arma 2 and Arma oa

Re boot.

Fresh install Main drive c is not used for software all software installed to drive F.

Ran arma 2 saved game.

Installed Oa ran game saved ok

ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead Patch 1.50-1.56 to 1.57 all good. Game runs ok.

Then downloaded fresh copy BAF from sprocket.

Then I open the BAF installer / zip file it unpacks then arma 2 baf image shows then crashes. Does the same for PMC.

I went through this before and cant remember the fix.

If someone can help would be great Im waiting for sprocket to reply as well.

Sounds like alot going for you there BOSSMANSHEILD, phew you got me all tired just reading what you did, lol

But install goes like this:

1. install arma2

get ingame, then get out- (best way it to just hope in the sp editor for a quick shoot)

2. patch Arma2 to 1.05 (some say you dont need to do this as the 1.60 patch will do it) just do it worked for me lat time I reinstalled.

3. Install OA into Arma2 directory.

4. Patch game with latest patch which is 1.60

get ingame you should be good.

5. install the other DLCS

and it should run.

I dont have any of the other DLC's like PMC, or BAF, just the light versions you get with OA.

hope that helps.

I have no problems running Arma 2, but when I try to run OA I first receive this error

"No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'

then the screen goes black, like its about to load the game and I get this error:

"Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

Does anyone have any suggestions? I scoured this forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello guys! I'm having ARMA 2 Reinforcements installation issues, I tried to uninstall ARMA but whenever i clicked the uninstall button nothing happened, eventually it gave the message ARMA 2 has been successfully uninstalled. But when I tried to reinstall it I get the message: File read error: D:/setup.dat.bisign and it quits any help?

I have no problems running Arma 2, but when I try to run OA I first receive this error

then the screen goes black, like its about to load the game and I get this error:

Does anyone have any suggestions? I scoured this forum, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have this exact same problem. Exact.

I purchased a digital copy of this game today, but can't get it to work. I've tried downloading and deleting the client twice, but each time it says there's an error. I have Operation Arrowhead, which works fine, but the vanilla ARMA II will not work at all. Help?

I too have this exact problem. Tried removing local content and re-downloading, still failing.

Solution, I had exactly same problem ""No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgIngameUI/MPTable.shadow'" and "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0"

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133052-bin-config-bin-CfgInGameUI-MPTable-shadow-Problem-Please-Help-Me-Out&p=2128884&viewfull=1#post2128884

Now another problem, serial key, cont'd there I hope: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?133052-bin-config-bin-CfgInGameUI-MPTable-shadow-Problem-Please-Help-Me-Out&p=2166541&viewfull=1#post2166541

Edited by Suchros
clarification on error

I am having some problems launching the game. It launches and says

Data File too short 'addons/anims.pbo'. Expected 650211804 B, got 446300160 B

---------- Post added at 00:17 ---------- Previous post was at 00:15 ----------

I also downloaded it off steam.

I managed to figure out what files were corrupt on my arma 2 folder. I unzipped every .gz file into separate folders manually using winrar and checking to see it could finish uncompressing. Now I'm missing a few files from Operation Arrowhead, and I'm not sure which ones. I got to 80% of the installation and it stopped at this directory:

ArmA 2- Operation Arrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Expansion\Addons\structures_e.pbo

I downloaded this from amazon, so I don't think I have sprocket.exe to verify my downloads

So I just bought ArmAII and OA via Steam, while ArmAII works fine, when ever I trying run OA, right before to game boots up i get this error (No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow') I press ok and it starts booting up but then i get this ( Errpe compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0) then the game crashes. I have redownloaded it 4 times and i still get the same problem. Its not my computers fault, im running a customized Alienware M14x gaming laptop with the works. I've played both portal games, deadspace2, and WoW(this the highest graphics option) and they run fine.

This stresses me out because idk what to do. I payed $30 for an incomplete file. it like buying a car and they don't give you the engine.

Help please, I guessing i'm going to need to copy paste the file manually because Steam is to retarded to give it to me

So I just bought ArmAII and OA via Steam, while ArmAII works fine, when ever I trying run OA, right before to game boots up i get this error (No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPTable.shadow') I press ok and it starts booting up but then i get this ( Errpe compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0) then the game crashes. I have redownloaded it 4 times and i still get the same problem. Its not my computers fault, im running a customized Alienware M14x gaming laptop with the works. I've played both portal games, deadspace2, and WoW(this the highest graphics option) and they run fine.

This stresses me out because idk what to do. I payed $30 for an incomplete file. it like buying a car and they don't give you the engine.

Help please, I guessing i'm going to need to copy paste the file manually because Steam is to retarded to give it to me

Please use the search engine, it has been answered a zillion of times.