ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Ok, what i mean is.

Im trying to install Operation Arrowhead expansion to Arma 2. I put in serial number and pass that part, then i go to accept terms, then to copy files. (final stages) But the source doesnt exist for copying files. It says that its a file read error. But i have downloaded the OA (really, its CO but it has OA).

This is where the installer is trying to get this file:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz

The Source (shown above) is the one that doesnt exist, but i read the posts before this one on this thread and says something about ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe where i need to upgrade it or something?

Anyway the source for the files supposed to be copying from to is this:

c:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\My Documents\Sprocket

Sorry if its a bit confusing, ill try and explain it better if you haven anymore questions

Edited by Tombguy5

So you have a Sprocket download of CO, including OA, and you want to run the OA install, AFTER you did the Arma2 one? Two things could be at play here, a non-patched Arma2 or a Sprocket download folder with garbage in it.

My suggestion would be this:

1. Make sure that your Arma2 works, and check what its patch is: You can tell the patch number when you enter the game (lower right corner). Play a simple mission and see that it works. Just make it so far that you can save, then leave Arma2.

2. Make a new folder, eg. c:\temp\arma2co\ Move the OA install files from the Sprocket folder into this folder, and only them. That would be

Setup.exe

setup01.bin (899.9M)

setup02.bin (899.9M)

setup03.bin (899.8M)

setup04.bin (899.8M)

setup05.bin (885.0M)

setup06.bin (838.2M)

setup07.bin (151.3M)

Check the filesizes - if your download from Sprocket is recent, they should have the filesizes stated above. Older downloads will have other sizes.

3. Now run Setup.exe from this new folder. At the end of the install, it will attempt to apply patch 1.09, which is contained in one of the .bin files. If your Arma2 is already at patch 1.10 it will not apply the patch.

Let us know how it went ?

Hey THANKYOU I'm typing this from my iPod while my computer copys the files over and it works so far, I just forgot to copy the .bin files and I did copy the .MD5 files :P so it's currently working so far.

Forget the stuff I said above, IT'S WORKING THANK YOU FRIEND!!! (the installation) I'll have to try playing it later (in like 10 hours lol I gotta go to sleep...)

Also for your information on what I had to do was this (it may help with others that have this error) I had to create a new file (the one u made as example):

C:\Temp\arma2co\

copied the files for the expansion be sure to include .bin and .MD5 files along with the setup icon. Then started the installation went through all of the typical installing method. When I got to the copying files I had my fingers crossed hoping that it will work and BAM!!! It worked :D then I had to update Battle Eye (really I didnt need to include that but that's for those who have the same problem as I do, this is really a walk through for those.) then your off to play OA/CO :D enjoy. Ik I will

Edited by Tombguy5
Updating status and giving a walkthru for ppl with same problem I had

Okay, so, I am writing this on behalf of a friend who is trying to download ArmA II Free. I did the same about a month or 2 ago, and everything downloaded fine. My friend seems to be having a bit more difficulty. She went to arma2.com/free and downloaded the .zip folder and extracted the file necessary. However, as soon as the download gets to the point at which it needs the activation code, it will automatically take her to the site that gives the activation code, and as soon as her Internet Explorer opens up that webpage, her download window stops responding. This is my first post in the forums, so if I am in the wrong forum for this, please redirect me. If any additional information is necessary, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. :)

I am writing this post on behalf of a friend of mine who is trying to download ArmA 2 Free. I did the same about 1 or 2 months ago, and everything installed fine and I can play. However, my friend, whom I am trying to help install it, is having no such luck. She can download the .zip folder and extract the necessary file out, and everything runs smoothly until it requires the Activation Code. As soon as the message appears that an Activation Code is required and she clicks 'OK', it automatically opens Internet Explorer as normal to take her to the site to receive the Activation Code, but as soon as the browser opens, her download window goes into (Not Responding). This is my first post in the forums, so if I am in the wrong forum for this conversation, please redirect me. If more information is required, please let me know and I'll do my best to find it out for you. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance to anyone that can help out. :)

I am writing this post on behalf of a friend of mine who is trying to download ArmA 2 Free. I did the same about 1 or 2 months ago, and everything installed fine and I can play. However, my friend, whom I am trying to help install it, is having no such luck. She can download the .zip folder and extract the necessary file out, and everything runs smoothly until it requires the Activation Code. As soon as the message appears that an Activation Code is required and she clicks 'OK', it automatically opens Internet Explorer as normal to take her to the site to receive the Activation Code, but as soon as the browser opens, her download window goes into (Not Responding). This is my first post in the forums, so if I am in the wrong forum for this conversation, please redirect me. If more information is required, please let me know and I'll do my best to find it out for you. Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance to anyone that can help out. :)

My bad, so sorry for the double post; didn't realize a modeator had to approve my comments for posting, so I did it twice.

I have bought the Arma x: anniversary edition and downloaded and installed it from Gamersgate. I get CRC errors everytime I try to install.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns\structures.pbo

I already tried redownloading. And I used QuickPar on the files arma2_110_setup01(2,3 and 4).bin, but no repair was needed.

I gave another shot a Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead to install it as a Stand Alone version.

Got CRC errors aswell.

C:\Program Files(x86)\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe

So nothing really works.

What am I supposed to do now?

Edited by Tosti

Just bought arma x

installed arma 2 with no problems, when i try to install OA dvd it gives me dvd errors on install.

Trying for the 3rd time now.

Great to see original software working worst than warez. If this persists i will download ilegall software and use my cdkey on it.

And also this was the first time ever i had to change my dvd region in order to install anything.

Edited by ruicunha

Just bought arma x

installed arma 2 with no problems, when i try to install OA dvd it gives me dvd errors on install.

Trying for the 3rd time now.

Great to see original software working worst than warez. If this persists i will download ilegall software and use my cdkey on it.

And also this was the first time ever i had to change my dvd region in order to install anything.

can You provide more details what errors ?

screen-shots or text log or something ?

firts when i inserted dvd it said it couldnt detect disk, i changed dvd region to 2 then it started installing.

1 attempt got a error in installing a file.

2nd attempt got error on a pdf file in the end of the process.

3rd attempt game installed but it took about 2 hours, when i entered game i couldnt join any server, some files were missing.

my dvd drive is working ok, i installed arma 2, dont know whats happening with oa disk, it installed ok in other pc.

My dvd drivers are up to date, the dvd is a LG.

I got a Steam copy of OA, but when it was done downloading and doing the first run installation stuff, my computer froze up and the intallation were canceled. Now when I try to run OA it gets to the BI logo and then gives an error message saying the I have a bad serial number. I've already tried deleting every thing and redownloading it, but that doesn't make the installation things happen again. What could I do to fix this?

Nevermind, I fixed it.

Edited by rpurds
Solved my problem.

Hi everyone! I got a problem with installing arma II: pmc in steam version.

So, i buy in steam ArmA X and i got: http://clip2net.com/s/1ntt8 games allready downloaded and ready to play.

But then i'm ingame, i see only Lite version of pmc addon. Why? How can i fix it?

I bought the combined operations pack from steam and have a key. When I launch OA it says the serial number is bad. When I launch combined ops it launches what appears to be a dos command box that performs a lot of operations then closes before I can read anything. that battle eye thing is already installed, but the first time it tories to launch the game it quit responding and I had to kill it with the task manager. Has not worked yet, but regular arma ii does.

i'm having a problem with installation. I recently bought the ArmA X Anniversary pack. I already had ArmA II standalone with update 1.10 installed. During instillation of the OA disc an error popped up saying that this is incompatible with the software as it is version 1.09. It still installed but every time I attempt to open it it refuses to even fully load. Is there anyway I can fix this?

@up

1.uninstall arma 2 and OA.

2.install arma 2.

3.install OA in the same folder like arma 2, you will have arma 2 co now.

4. Patch the game, use patch v1.59-this patch will update arma 2 to v1.09.

5. Patch arma 2 to v1.10 or wait few days for official patch v1.60-he will update arma 2 to v1.11 :)

it turns out that the OA auto patches ArmA II so while reinstalling OA it patched up to 1.09 automatically which is great.

So if any other person has this problem with the ArmA X pack they should just uninstall both and reinstall in the original version and then install OA which will patch it to 1.09 and it should all be good

Thank you for your help i appreciate it tom3kb

I am completely lost right now. I got arma2 and OA. I downloaded BAF and PMC from gamersgate, when i remember it right. The prob is , i forgot to backup the first BAF and PMC version that i've downloaded. i Only got a backup from status RC2 1.60 . So what i did:

Installed arma2, installed OA into A2 directory, the stock process. Then i put the pmc and baf folder into arma2 directory and patched with RC3b, cause dwarden told me i can use RC6, cause he's going to upload it soon. I assumed, when i can use RC6 i can also use RC3b, cause i needed to setup autohotkey and the joystick and i wanted to use the time meanwhile.

Now get an error message about BAF and PMC, i can't play the mission anymore, even if baf and pmc is shown ingame as loaded content, down left as logo and also top right as loaded addon.

Which is the correct procedure of installing arma2 and OA fully new, with BAF and PMC as a digital version..That is totally confusing, me

EDIT: i redownload the installer for both, i guess it has to be installed with reg entries and stuff..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Hey guys. :D Just recently bought Arma X and love it, but I seem to be having a problem when installing Operation Arrowhead with the combined BAF + PMC addons. I have the vanilla Arma 2 installed along with the latest update. When I attempt to install arrowhead I get a message that tells me that OA + BAF + PMC are already installed and would I like to reinstall? I could simply click yes but I would like to have the vanilla arma 2 seperate from arrowhead as to still have a compatible version I can play with a friend; who does not have any add-ons. Any help would be appreciated. :D Thanks in advance :)

i would suggest:

1. install arma2

2. install arrowhead (into the arma2 folder as expansion)

3. install baf pmc

4. latest patch

Done..if you do that you can either launch a2, OA or CO ..That way works for me pretty good

On behalf of someone I have the following question:

He purchased Arma 2 on DVD and OA from steam. Installation paths are as following:

Arma 2: F:\GAME\bohemia interactive\arma2\

OA: F:\GAME\steam\steamapps\common\arma2 operation arrowhead\

How to combine as Combined Operations?

Patching OA to 1.60 didnt work, nor does changing the registry with the files of dwarden. The current installation was:

-Install Arma 2 from DVD

-Install Arma 2: OA from Steam

-Update OA to 1.60

-run both games

-error.

With six-updater the game does start as CO, but with a lot of errors and missing files.

[edit]

Problem solved

The problem was that Arma 2 from DVD installed in a different path than Arma 2:OA from Steam. The OA 1.60 patch therefore didn't update Arma 2. The solution is as following:

-install arma 2 from dvd and oa from steam (or arma2 from steam and oa from dvd).

-patch arma 2 (1.11 currently)

-patch arma 2: oa (1.60 currently)

-start arma 2 once, exit once loaded.

-start arma 2: oa, this now works as combined operations.

Edited by Bravo_Two_Zeroq

hello I have the same problen with OA,but A I have install before ARMA 2 and OA ready, was cleam my pc have virus,re install arma 2 is ok but try reinstall again OA I cannot install

I just bought a laptop for the first time in my life. This laptop does have alittle more then the minimum reqiured hardware to run ARMA2. I just did the installation of the game last night, (haven't even opened the program yet) and after installment. I came up with a message saying unable to install Direct-X.I figured before I even start the game, I would go to the main website to see if there are any updates and patches that i would need. Can anyone help me about this Direct-X problem.

Edited by XxKilo11xX
want to add on to what i typed

ok now im really getting agitated. I ran into this error message weeks ago. Error message saying X3DAudio1_5.dll is missing from your computer. this was going on while I was trying to download the free version of A2. I gace up and said forget it, i'll just buy the dvd-rom and bypass this problem im having. I just tried clicking on the game program and im still getting that error mesage. So i think i sovled the direct-x problem. I went into the A2 folder and found an icon saying dirx_exe. So i figured that running that would install direct-x. I restarted my computer, clicked on the game icon to play and now this same error message as if i was trying to download the demo version. Can somebody please help me. Explain to me what all this means and what i need to do to solve all these problems so i can start playing. I'd appretiate any and all help.

I'm running into another problem if anyone can help me out with this one. When i start the game, the game loads up, and the first screen is options and videos of battleships ect. I did ntice that there is some sort of lag that im getting. It's not a nice smooth video. I went into my AMD control center and fiddled around with the gameing section. Once i brought the AMD gameing back to default settings. it did improve the lag, but not completely.By going to default, it took away from my high deff. and better quility pictures. Is there a way i can go about bringing my high quility picture without the lag?