ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Installed OA and Reinforcements. WHen I lauch the game, an error message appears:

Failed to load file "pmc\addons\air_pmc.pbo" - decryption of headers failed.

The game is launched anyway, and the DLCs are enabled... But there's NO new maps, missions/scenarios or campaigns... Nothing from BAF or PMC.

What can I do?

Edited by Overwhelming

Don't bother contacting support, as it seems they can't be arssed to answer.

And developers wonder why the warez scene persists . . .

And after posts like these the poster wonders why the developer doesn't bother to help them.

Sorry i am new and i just downloaded the game, im not sure how to update to the newest patch. I downloaded the 1.59 but i am not sure what to do after that. If you could give me some information that would be greatly appreciated

This patching FAQ may help you out here.

If you have 1.59 and Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations installed, you should only have to run it and let it install for it to work properly. However, if you only own Arma 2, then you cannot install 1.59 on it. You instead should install 1.09, which you can find here.

Gamersgate installation of combined operations.

The following worked for me without any errors;

1: Install Arma 2 (do not patch).

2: Play game until it autosaves (I'm not sure if this step is needed).

3: Install Arma 2 OA (this patches Arma 2 to 1.07).

4: Play OA until it autosaves (again, not sure if this step is needed).

5: Apply 1.59 OA patch (this updates OA to 1.59 & Arma 2 to 1.09).

The reason for playing the game in between update steps is to create a registry entry. Whether or not this is really needed I'm not sure but decided to do so just to be on the safe side :-)

Update: I have just installed Arma 2 BAF. After doing so, apply patch 1.59 again which will update BAF and also fix a couple of things BAF breaks!

note: last BAF patch is also there

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=744%3Aarma-2-british-armed-forces-update-1-00-to-1〈=en

PMC here

http://www.arma2.com/index.php?option=com_rokdownloads&view=file&Itemid=20&id=745%3Aarma-2-private-military-company-update-1-00-to-1〈=en

ok so i have arma2 ive installed it once worked great on the old vastro 200 one day i clean up the computer and never used arm2 till end of year i try installing to play it again dont work.. gets stuck on air.abo says its corrupted so i decided i make back up copy onto the computer and relised all the abo files are corrupt.

i looked here and read all the comments last year and decided i get new comp with new dvd drive tried it again and still same problem... i contacted support numerous times even angry mail demanding a refund or another copy even if i pay $10 for shipping.... guess what! no darn reply. so im gona post here and maybe someone can help me. should i bother fighting it? or should i just forget about the $90 i spent on the game which i played for 4months. and go get a pirated copy and use my own serial etc make it my own? or should i buy any of the new sets and stand alone exspansions?

im pretty upset about it but time to get over it and hope all the bugs amd patches fixed al lthe problems.

ok so i have arma2 ive installed it once worked great on the old vastro 200 one day i clean up the computer and never used arm2 till end of year i try installing to play it again dont work.. gets stuck on air.abo says its corrupted so i decided i make back up copy onto the computer and relised all the abo files are corrupt.

i looked here and read all the comments last year and decided i get new comp with new dvd drive tried it again and still same problem... i contacted support numerous times even angry mail demanding a refund or another copy even if i pay $10 for shipping.... guess what! no darn reply. so im gona post here and maybe someone can help me. should i bother fighting it? or should i just forget about the $90 i spent on the game which i played for 4months. and go get a pirated copy and use my own serial etc make it my own? or should i buy any of the new sets and stand alone exspansions?

im pretty upset about it but time to get over it and hope all the bugs amd patches fixed al lthe problems.

90 $ seems expensive... As you managed to install it once, it has nothing to do with "bugs and patches". Clean your DVD disk.

i'd suggest :

(1) Install it with administrator rights ;

(2) If it doesn't work, try to reboot in debug mode through msconfig IIRC (if your OS is W7), then try to reinstall the game.

yeah have been with admin rights this comp only 2 months old. i tried it on 2 other computers still nothing.... i might just go buy another copy no use. is arma reinforcement anygood?

Gamersgate installation of combined operations.

The following worked for me without any errors;

1: Install Arma 2 (do not patch).

2: Play game until it autosaves (I'm not sure if this step is needed).

3: Install Arma 2 OA (this patches Arma 2 to 1.07).

4: Play OA until it autosaves (again, not sure if this step is needed).

5: Apply 1.59 OA patch (this updates OA to 1.59 & Arma 2 to 1.09).

The reason for playing the game in between update steps is to create a registry entry. Whether or not this is really needed I'm not sure but decided to do so just to be on the safe side :-)

Update: I have just installed Arma 2 BAF. After doing so, apply patch 1.59 again which will update BAF and also fix a couple of things BAF breaks!

^^^ is this also the best way to install the boxed dvd set combined ops?

im just trying to get the best information to install this game before my new pc gets here to play the game.theres so many people having trouble installing that its quite scary!!

thanks in advance

^^^ is this also the best way to install the boxed dvd set combined ops?

im just trying to get the best information to install this game before my new pc gets here to play the game.theres so many people having trouble installing that its quite scary!!

thanks in advance

Not really sure as the above was for the download version. Give it a try first and if you have problems, come back and post on here.

Hi, I get this error while the Setup file is copying files. Anybody know what might be wrong? The setup07.bin currupt?

It's the digital download copy of Operation Arrowhead from Sprocket.

File copy error (CRC does not match).

c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Expansion\Addons\weapons_e.pbo

Thank you.

i have the retail version and got the same message.

i copied the dvd to my hard drive and tried again. same thing.

went to the file folders i copied and deleted the setup crc file and tried the setup again and it worked!

I tried to download ArmA 2 OA and when the download is done it says File copy error (CRC does not match) C:\Program FIles (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\paul.dlll currently i am downloading the files seperatly with free download manager but i dont know if they are going to end up in the same place I need some help.

Edited by xXLunar

i just bought the game and i can't seem to get it to install, i bought the arma 2 combined operations and when it asks for an installation key, i put it in but it says wrong key. i put in lower case letters and capital letters but still the same problem. what am i doing wrong?

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

nvm. i think i figured it out, 2 different manuals with 2 different codes. i was stupid enough not to notice this. i figured 1 manual, 1 code but didn't notice the other manual with a code on its back.

Hi, i have one question. is possible to combine cd-key from online distribution game (OA from steam) with box iso of game? right now i ve got box arma II and OA just on steam but i want to install it in one directory... ive tried to download .iso ant enter my key but online activation says NO! any solution?

I've got a problem with 64bit. I installed Arma2, OA, and BAF and PMC. BAF and PMC went into a x86 file and the other files went into normal Program Files.

Do I have to pull both BAF and PMC installation files into the normal Program Files?

Forget the my last message, I installed BAF & PMC first by mistake. I had a long day - anyone can make mistakes.

Hi, I get this error while the Setup file is copying files. Anybody know what might be wrong? The setup07.bin currupt?

It's the digital download copy of Operation Arrowhead from Sprocket.

File copy error (CRC does not match).

c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Expansion\Addons\weapons_e.pbo

Thank you.

Same here, anyone know whats wrong?

I'll just get right to the point. I cannot install the game.

I get past the autorun, the CD-key check, everythings fine untill the game starts installing the Buildings2.pbo file. It freezes, not just the instalation, but my entire computer freezes.

I've tried cleaning the disk, scanning the computer with NOD32 antivirus, cleaning the registry, changing the install directory. NOTHING WORKS. :mad:

I've tried cheating and 'extracting' the files from the disk, but it doesnt work ether. When the comp starts copying the Buildings2.pbo file, it freezes, not just the extracting, but the whole comp.

This, ina word, is pissing me off. Can anyone help??

I have the same issue with a Cd retail version of the game. Though the file causing the problem is chernarus_Data_Layers.pbo. I dont understand how it happened since i have installed it successfully before and the game worked fine.

Hi, trying to install Arma2+OA (Combined Ops) on another machine in the household, downloads are from Sprocket.

A2 installs fine, and is patched to 1.10 as per the Sprocket download (I do not patch it myself, it is a patched download).

In order to build an CombinedOps install, I then install OA "on top of" the Arma2 install. I got a CRC error during the OA install: "File copy error (CRC does not match)", the file is Structures_e.pbo

So I should probably re-download one of the bin's, but which one contains Structures_e.pbo ? There are seven files, Setup01.bin-Setup07.bin

And: If you do not use the Sprocket downloader, but direct link download, where can one get the MD5 files to check validity?

And finally: How will the OA install on top of Arma2 behave, when Arma2 is patched to 1.10, while OA is not up there yet with 1.59? Will it down-patch Arma2?

Thanks,

OP

Edited by Old_Painless

OA patch 1.59 have in him inside arma 2 patch 1.09 but it will not down patch your arma 2 from 1.10 to 1.09

OK, thanks. In a way, the Sprocket download for Combined Operations perhaps leads to a wrong install sequence, if you want to install CO.

Correct method:

Install Arma2, patch to something like 1.05

Install OA, patch to 1.59 (which includes 1.09 for Arma2)

Method from the current downloads:

Install Arma2 AND have it patch to 1.10

Install OA, patched to 1.59 (which only has 1.09 for Arma2)

IF the install with the current method works at all, curious what conflicts between 1.09 and 1.10 the last step may inflict .....

Edited by Old_Painless

I think that game will know that you have v1.10 and wenn you will patch to v1.59 patch v1.09 will by not instaled and thats all :)

You are right :) This is what happened: At the end of the OA install, it wants to patch Arma2 with 1.09. It detects that Arma2 has a newer version (1.10) and skips the patching of Arma2 entirely.

As for the CRC error, I redownloaded the bin's once more, and got a good set of downloads. This time it ran without problems.

So all in all, I'm good. No problems with the Sprocket set of files after all :)

So i am having a patch issue coming from a source that doesn't exist. (i got Arma2 Combined Operations) it apparently comes with arrowhead too. Anyway,

Its coming from this source that doesnt exist:

C:\Documents and Settings\Ryan\ARMA2Patch_1_09.exe.xz

I checked where it was 'supposed' to come from and its not listed there. any idea why/how do i solve this problem?

Where the source is in program files not doc and set\Ryan.

Edited by Tombguy5
Additional information

Tombguy5, could you clarify when you are getting a message and what the message says? Ie. are you in the menus or in the 3D world within the game

Or do you get a message in Windows when you are trying to run a patch?