ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

I'm apparently having the exact same issue as Congo Toey.

Windows 7 SP1 64bit

BitDefender 2011, fully updated

Trying to install both/either British Armed Forces and Private Military Company, both purchased and downloaded from SprocketIdea. My copies of ArmA and OA are both physical DVDs. ArmA and OA work fine. I just get the following error message after file extraction has occured immediately that the patch is "loading":

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\User\Paul Marshall\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I've (re)installed the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library 2010 for x64 platforms and this has made no difference.

I've disabled BitDefender (insofar as it's possible to do so), which has also made no difference.

I've tried contacting SprocketIdea by email towards the beginning of this week but had no response from them.

Any suggestions?

Hi Ronin,

I still have not resolved this issue, I have PM'd Dwarden and he has not replied, so I stuck now and have no idea what to do.

There must be a common factor here though as I also have Windows 7 SP1 64bit and BitDefender 2011, fully updated. I tried all the same things as you, I noticed earlier in the thread that a guy diabled Bitdefender and got it working. Like you said though with the 2011 version it is not so easy to disable it.

This weekend I am going to try completely uninstalling Bitdefender just for the install and then reinstalling it after, hopefully that may allow for the install.

I will let you know how I get on.

Uninstall Bitdefender, Re-run Setup for Arma 2 (the one occured this problem), then reinstall Bitdefender.

Hi All, ok I uninstalled bitdefender 2011 and both pmc and baf installed with no issues. Both run fine. I am just reinstalling bitdefender now but it seems that was the issue.

Hi fans !

I recently moved from WinXP to Win7Pro and I did reinstall ArmAII:OA first in order to play COOP on our server. For some reasons I can't play missions on Tchernarus for instance. I then reinstalled ArmA II but it did not fix this issue ...

What should I do to have access to Tchernarus again ? Thanks for your help !

@ PvPscene> Thanx for your fast reply.

Should I upload ArmA2.rpt (642 bits) or ArmA 2 OA.rpt (8 Mb, witch mostly contains hundreds of "not found" lines) ?

Client: Object 2:12226 (type Type_104) not found.

Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_West in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone

Solved : I unstalled OA and then installed OA again. Everything works fine. One should not install OA and then ArmA II.

Edited by Totala

Congo:

Thanks for that investigation! I'll give the same thing a try tomorrow and report back, though given other comments I'm hopeful for success.

Confirmed. I have uninstalled BitDefender 2011 and now successfully installed both British Armed Forces and Private Military Company.

I've had occasional oddities with BitDefender anyway so I'm prepared to squarely lay the blame at their doorstep and search for a different antivirus provider.

Thanks everyone for the help!

I got the disk version of ARMA2, and the field manual was also a disk. When I go 2 install it it asks for a activation code (it states it should be in the field manual) and the code isnt on the field manual. What should I do??:confused:

i installed OA but then i was going to intalled BAF and PCM but it when it was done a message came up saying OA not installed i went to install OA again but then a message said OA already installed

I cant uninstall OA because i cant fine any way to no uninstall or any files

how can i fix this???

installed it off sprocket

Hey anybody thats just getting wise cracks about thier equipment instaed of real help I

went to DevHeaven and got serious guidance and not this ego based wise crack stuff. I won't be back here

I got the disk version of ARMA2, and the field manual was also a disk. When I go 2 install it it asks for a activation code (it states it should be in the field manual) and the code isnt on the field manual. What should I do??:confused:

Did you look at the back of the manual??

Help. :(

Hard drive crashed so I had to reinstall everything including ArmA2, OA and BAF. Vanilla ArmA 2 installs with no problems. When I try to install OA I get about 98% done and then I get CRC mismatch error when it tries to install /weapons_e.pbo.

ArmA 2 was bought through Nexway(?) (digital download)

Operation Arrowhead was digital download from Sprocket

BAF was digital download from Sprocket

I've tried

Install ArmA 2 then patch to 1.07 and 1.08 separately then install OA, same error on same file

Install ArmA 2 then install OA, same error on same file

Install OA to a different directory, same error on same file

Removed all the .md5 files from the Sprocket folder, it checked the files and redownloaded the setup.exe, same error same file

Deleted and Redownloaded all the game files (.exe, .bin, .md5), same error and same file

Specs

Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Intel E8400

ATI 6950 1GB

4GB RAM

500GB HD

Suggestions?

It worked today for whatever reason with the re-downloaded complete game files from Sprocket.

Edited by BOTA:16

Hi,

When updating with the offical Arma 2 OA patch from 1.57 to 1.59, from the BIS website, on my Windows 7 system, I get a error log.

And when I try to join mp games it says I have version 1.57.

"Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ARMA 2 OA

ARMA 2 OA: Updating version 1.57 to version 1.59...

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CHARACTERS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\STRUCTURES_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\UI.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\WARFARE2_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\WEAPONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.58-1.59\EXPANSION\ADDONS\ANIMS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.58-1.59\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.59 has been applied successfully"

At first I had problems with Comodo firewall running the update in sandbox, turned this off and ran the updater as admin, still having same problems.

I have tonnes of addons and shit, could this be a problem? But they´re mostly in my documents folder...

I see some guys have had similar problems, haven´t really had any real help there though... Is there anyway someone could post these files so I could maybe manually put them in the corresponding folder? Would this solve my problem?

Really don´t want to uninstall everything...

Please help!

Sincerly,

//ODH

EDIT: Running OA on W7 Home Premium 64 bit , 3.0 ghz quad core, 2 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series 512 mb,

Edited by ODH

I have had the same problem as well (as above poster). I have tried two seperate downloads of the patch from multiple mirrors (different sites) and each time ended up with the same errors.

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.
ARMA 2 OA
ARMA 2 OA: Updating version 1.57 to version 1.59...
Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\CHARACTERS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\DUBBINGRADIO_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\STRUCTURES_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\UI.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\WARFARE2_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.57-1.58\EXPANSION\ADDONS\WEAPONS_E.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Verifying ArmA 2, version 1.09...
ArmA 2 patch 1.09 has been applied successfully.
ArmA 2 patch 1.59 has been applied successfully.
Verifying ArmA 2 BAF, version 1.02...
ArmA 2 BAF patch 1.02 has been applied successfully.
Verifying ArmA 2 PMC, version 1.01...
ArmA 2 PMC patch 1.01 has been applied successfully.

Running windows 7 64bit home premium, 6 gigs ram, nvidia 260 216core GTX in SLI, 3.2ghz Intel Quad core!

Please help!

Try to restart Win7 in debug mode before patching (clean boot : msconfig in the start search box, then selective startup, clear the load startup items check box, then service tab, select the hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click disable all, then ok, then restart).

Try to restart Win7 in debug mode before patching (clean boot : msconfig in the start search box, then selective startup, clear the load startup items check box, then service tab, select the hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click disable all, then ok, then restart).

Thank you for the Advice.

I think I have solved the issue already though (further testing required, such as playing the game). The last patch file that I downloaded and extracted from the zip file was in my downloads folder. What I did was "Right Click" on the patch, choose "run as administrator" and then followed the directions as usual. This time the patch succeeded running (appears to have anyhow).

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.
ARMA 2 OA
Verifying ARMA 2 OA, version 1.59...
ARMA 2 OA patch 1.59 has been applied successfully.
Verifying ArmA 2, version 1.09...
ArmA 2 patch 1.09 has been applied successfully.
Verifying ArmA 2 BAF, version 1.02...
ArmA 2 BAF patch 1.02 has been applied successfully.
Verifying ArmA 2 PMC, version 1.01...
ArmA 2 PMC patch 1.01 has been applied successfully.

So I am hoping that all it was is an administration install security thingy-majiggy! <-- Some really big IT words for us n00bs out there! lol

Alright, I am totally confused....

I brought Arma 2 off of Gamersgate a year back, I brought Operation Arrowhead as a seperate game off the same sitye. My comp crashed and Ihad to reinstall everything. I have know idea how to install this?

What order do I install the patches in, and what patches do I need for this?

Problem solved--- how? Uh.. I don't rightly know :)

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Hi there,

After a lot of drama getting ArmaII installed I can't believe that I'm faced with yet another issue. I'm running XPPro 32bit on an i7, 3Gb RAM

Whrn I click the ArmII icon I get the row of little boxes, ticks in all but the last 2. Then I get a popup box saying . . .

''Addon 'Warfarre2' requires addon 'CAWheeled2_MTVR' " Clicking on OK seems to run the game.

I get the logo screens, finaly the ArmaII logo screen, then a crash to desktop with this message . . .

"Bad animation file format in file 'Ca\Wheeled2\VWgolf\data\anim\kia_golf_driver.rtm' "

Click OK, then nothing.

So what do I need to do to make this software work?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

Sorry i am new and i just downloaded the game, im not sure how to update to the newest patch. I downloaded the 1.59 but i am not sure what to do after that. If you could give me some information that would be greatly appreciated

Don't bother contacting support, as it seems they can't be arssed to answer.

And developers wonder why the warez scene persists . . .

Don't bother contacting support, as it seems they can't be arssed to answer.

And developers wonder why the warez scene persists . . .

imwithstupudko8.jpg

Gamersgate installation of combined operations.

The following worked for me without any errors;

1: Install Arma 2 (do not patch).

2: Play game until it autosaves (I'm not sure if this step is needed).

3: Install Arma 2 OA (this patches Arma 2 to 1.07).

4: Play OA until it autosaves (again, not sure if this step is needed).

5: Apply 1.59 OA patch (this updates OA to 1.59 & Arma 2 to 1.09).

The reason for playing the game in between update steps is to create a registry entry. Whether or not this is really needed I'm not sure but decided to do so just to be on the safe side :-)

Update: I have just installed Arma 2 BAF. After doing so, apply patch 1.59 again which will update BAF and also fix a couple of things BAF breaks!

Edited by steveuk
more info