ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

I would like to explain in detail as to what I did to solve this. That way if someone is having the same problem they can use this as a reference.

The file that was giving me problems was the takistan_data_layers. I navigated to the folder where the game downloaded to and went to the exact folder where the file was/is. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons.

I found the file and noticed that it was Gzip file. So it was named; takistan_data_layers.pbo.gz I copied it over to my documents and when I tried to extract it I got a message from WinRaR telling me that it was corrupt. So what I did was ask Günter to send me his file that he had. Now keep in mind that the file was ONLY the .pbo AND it was NOT in a folder. So the .pbo was zipped only.

I zipped up the file that Günter sent and named the zipped file; takistan_data_layers.pbo and moved it over where the corrupt one came out of: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons. I didn't have to name the file ending with the .gz because WinRAR "associates" that paticular file as a .gz so even though I used WinRar and zipped it up as a .rar, all I had to do was change the ending of the zipped file from .rar to .pbo. So please pay close attention to detail as it needs to be identical

I launched the installer and it worked. So basically I replaced the corrupt file with another one. If someone is having a similar issue, try this but make sure you backup the original file(s).

I would like to explain in detail as to what I did to solve this. That way if someone is having the same problem they can use this as a reference.

The file that was giving me problems was the takistan_data_layers. I navigated to the folder where the game downloaded to and went to the exact folder where the file was/is. C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons.

I found the file and noticed that it was Gzip file. So it was named; takistan_data_layers.pbo.gz I copied it over to my documents and when I tried to extract it I got a message from WinRaR telling me that it was corrupt. So what I did was ask Günter to send me his file that he had. Now keep in mind that the file was ONLY the .pbo AND it was NOT in a folder. So the .pbo was zipped only.

I zipped up the file that Günter sent and named the zipped file; takistan_data_layers.pbo and moved it over where the corrupt one came out of: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Amazon Games & Software\ARMAArrowhead\OperationArrowhead\Addons. I didn't have to name the file ending with the .gz because WinRAR "associates" that paticular file as a .gz so even though I used WinRar and zipped it up as a .rar, all I had to do was change the ending of the zipped file from .rar to .pbo. So please pay close attention to detail as it needs to be identical

I launched the installer and it worked. So basically I replaced the corrupt file with another one. If someone is having a similar issue, try this but make sure you backup the original file(s).

TY Encrypted_God,this fixed my problem. Much Appreciated !! :bounce3:

I have a rented server from Gameservers. The server runs Arma II missions and Operation Arrowhead missions just fine but will not run Combined Operation missions. We have been working to solve this problem for a number of days now without success. I can run all three types of missions on my computer so there must be a way to config the server to do the same. Here are copies of the command lines we have tried...

c:\games\8_6_8_114\XXXXXX\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=ca;c:\games_6_8_1140795\arma2\addons;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy -exThreads=1

c:\games\8_6_8_114\XXXXXX\arma2\arma2oaserver.exe -port=2302 -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\arma2.cfg -profiles=default -mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy -exThreads=1

Anyone have any suggestions?

hi everyone

i am trying to install arma2 and OA on my system:

i5-750

4gb

windows 7 64 bit

hd4870 1gb

i install arma2 vanilla retail dvd australian version

it installs

i then open a single player scenario,save it and then exit game.

i then insert OA and install it in the same folder as arma2.ie bis/arma2

it starts to install

i then get at least 30 errors as it installs prompting me to either ignor them or retry them.

error6045.jpgerroe5.jpg

what am i doing wrong?

surely it cant be this hard to install a produc ive paid money for?

Edited by Sama

ok,it seems i can instal arma2 fine to 1.o1.When i install OA (after entering arma2 and saving a game and then exiting) it installs fine,tho at the end of install when arma2 trys to patch i get many xdelta 3 errors. I have tried 2 different OA dvd,s.Is my arma2 dvd screwed? I have latest firmware,drivers etc,no overclocks .What is going on ?Has support for this game ceased?

Problem installing Arma 2 operation arrowhead "Arma 2 operation arrowhead characters_e.pbo size does not match"

cant get passed this, is there something I have missed?

i installed OA but then i was going to intalled BAF and PCM but it when it was done a message came up saying OA not installed i went to install OA again but then a message said OA already installed

I cant uninstall OA because i cant fine any way to no uninstall or any files

how can i fix this??? :confused:

installed it off sprocket

I bought my game last night from www.direct2drive.com and installed it. I then downloaded and attempted to install the 1.08 patch from arma2.com and then from direct2drive themselves. The patch gets almost all the way through before popping up errors such as cannot locate file all/arma2.exe, all/armaserver.exe and then follows up with something about not being able to create some battleye.dll file.

I am running an Alienware m11x R1

Intell Core 2 duo oc'd to 1.73ghz

GeForce GT 335M

4GB RAM

and I am running Windows 7 64-bit

Please help. In the meantime I will redownload my game and try again.

Thanks.

Edited by BSanders22

HI ALL,

I am in need of the english patch 1.06 as my new disc seems to be corrupt and I receive the following errors.

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.06...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMALS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\BUILDINGS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\BUILDINGS2_IND_CEMENTWORKS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CHERNARUS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CHERNARUS_DATA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\MISC.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\MISC3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\misc3.pbo, phase 1.

Can you help me fix this please? I am a nooby so not sure what to do.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Rodger

HI ALL,

I am in need of the english patch 1.06 as my new disc seems to be corrupt and I receive the following errors.

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.06...
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\AIR2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMALS2.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\BUILDINGS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\BUILDINGS2_IND_CEMENTWORKS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CHERNARUS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CHERNARUS_DATA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\MISC.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1
Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\MISC3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Can you help me fix this please? I am a nooby so not sure what to do.

Many thanks in advance

Regards

Rodger

Did you run the Patch (.exe) in Administrator? Means you checked the box "Run in Administrator" in the properties.

Hello guys, i bouth my arma 2 combined now and when i tried update my game to 1.08 from my version (1.05) i have problem, because the path didnt found my game,

the message of error is

mensagemdeerro.png

but the arma 2 working good alone.

i bouth from the spocret website.

someone can help me?

tanks a lot

Varella

Here is the fix

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1796519&postcount=10

Edited by avengerzx

I just tried and received an I/O device error 0x8007045d What does this mean????

install ARMA2 , ( may say patch 1.06 didnt install correctly , doesnt matter just do 1.08 )

install 1.08 patch ,

install OA ,

install patch 1.57,

good to go

worked perfect for me with no messed up files or warnings.

hope this helps some.

Edited by bummer

I dont have the WOW folder mine is only Bohemia.

I that ok?

I'm getting an error when installing the BAF DLC. I also downloaded it from GamersGate as well. On extracting, the installer starts, I was prompted to enter my CD-key etc, and then immediately I got a runtime error. Running the setup thereafter produced a runtime error immediately.

The error is the good old "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" one, with "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

Any ideas?

EDIT ---

Problem solved, appears to have been BitDefender causing a problem with the installer. Disabling this for the BAF installation solved the problem.

I am getting a very similar issue to this. However diabling bit defender did not seem to work.

I am doing a complete reinstall of my whole system and now getting to my treasured Arma 2 installs, all seemed to be hunky dory, when this came and slapped me in the face. I have installed Arma 2 and then operation arrowhead, I am now trying to install BAF before installing PMC. My Arma 2 is from a disk, but all others are downloaded via sprocket. I have my previous downloads and I have downloaded a fresh copy both seem to have the same issue.

So here is the issue I am getting.

So if I go to the sprocket download directory and run the C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Sprocket\BAFsetup.exe file it extracts to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF and then I do not get the verifiy screen where I need to put my key and email address it just come straight up with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Dialogue box, stating with a big red circle with a cross in it,

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have tried running the setup.exe directly from the temporary extraction location C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe, and I get the same problem.

I have searched the internet far and wide to see what the sages of the different regions may propose, and I have tried all sorts of things like, running as Admin, in every sort of compatibility mode, I have now tried disabling Bit Defender as that is a common thing I have with the guy above. All with no success.

So now I must come to place where the gods of Arma exist to ask assistance with my unusual issue.

So does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Oh and by the way I have noticed in the temp extraction folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\ there are many files which look a lot like mod files, is it possible that I can just manual copy these file to correct location in my Arma 2 install floder?

This is my system information.

Window 7 64bit Ultimate service pack one and fully updated.

Bitdefender 2011 fully updated.

I7-980x on EVGA Classified SLI E760 Motherboard.

6G of Kingston HyperX DDR3 2000 Memory

ATI Eyefinity 6 HD 5870 graphics card.

EVGA Killer Xeno Pro gaming NIC card.

Creative Labs PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card.

OCZ Revodrive x2 240G (for os and storage)

All drivers and Bios are fully up to date. The system is running in stock configuration with no overclocking.

Edited by Congo_Toey
Another Question

Well, installing ARMA:OA doesn't work for me ( duh ) and the reason is:

When the installer bar have reached all the way to the end, its downloading the file wheeled_e.pbo

Thats where the installer freezes.

The install bar is maxed out, however the *Next* button is still greyed out.

I've been trying to fix this for 5 hours now, however, with no success...

Any help is appriciated, and if you want to make contact with me somewhere else than these forums add me on skype, xfire or steam

XFire: ryolitt

Steam Andreasmyrbakk ( Not case sensitive )

@ ryolitt

Where do you download it from? Tried to contact their support yet?

@ ryolitt

Where do you download it from? Tried to contact their support yet?

It's the CD Version, got it from Gamestop, and no, i haven't....kinda tired of waiting for response since its been quite a lot of waiting for them earlier today...

Seems like your DVD drive has problems with the SecuRom protection.

You could try to make an DVD image/copy the whole DVD to the HDD and install it from there.

I dont have the WOW folder mine is only Bohemia.

I that ok?

Nope, something is wrong with your PC. Read Carefully again.

I am getting a very similar issue to this. However diabling bit defender did not seem to work.

I am doing a complete reinstall of my whole system and now getting to my treasured Arma 2 installs, all seemed to be hunky dory, when this came and slapped me in the face. I have installed Arma 2 and then operation arrowhead, I am now trying to install BAF before installing PMC. My Arma 2 is from a disk, but all others are downloaded via sprocket. I have my previous downloads and I have downloaded a fresh copy both seem to have the same issue.

So here is the issue I am getting.

So if I go to the sprocket download directory and run the C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Sprocket\BAFsetup.exe file it extracts to C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF and then I do not get the verifiy screen where I need to put my key and email address it just come straight up with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Dialogue box, stating with a big red circle with a cross in it,

"Runtime Error!

Program C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I have tried running the setup.exe directly from the temporary extraction location C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\setup.exe, and I get the same problem.

I have searched the internet far and wide to see what the sages of the different regions may propose, and I have tried all sorts of things like, running as Admin, in every sort of compatibility mode, I have now tried disabling Bit Defender as that is a common thing I have with the guy above. All with no success.

So now I must come to place where the gods of Arma exist to ask assistance with my unusual issue.

So does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Oh and by the way I have noticed in the temp extraction folder C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF\ there are many files which look a lot like mod files, is it possible that I can just manual copy these file to correct location in my Arma 2 install floder?

This is my system information.

Window 7 64bit Ultimate service pack one and fully updated.

Bitdefender 2011 fully updated.

I7-980x on EVGA Classified SLI E760 Motherboard.

6G of Kingston HyperX DDR3 2000 Memory

ATI Eyefinity 6 HD 5870 graphics card.

EVGA Killer Xeno Pro gaming NIC card.

Creative Labs PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card.

OCZ Revodrive x2 240G (for os and storage)

All drivers and Bios are fully up to date. The system is running in stock configuration with no overclocking.

Did you tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64?

If no, then install it and try again.

Did you tried to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable x64?

If no, then install it and try again.

Thanks for your suggestion, downloaded it, run the installer said that it was already installed, so I did a repair just incase something was broken. However still get the same error message. So thats not it.