ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

To ask once again...

I have installed my DVD version of Arma2 into the Bohemia Interactive folder.

I then installed my DVD version of Arma2 OA into the same Bohemia Interactive folder.

I did this so that I could run each game separately.

I would like to know if there is a way to combine them and have them run together as they are? Or must they be in the same (Arma2)folder to be initiated as Combined Operations?

EDIT: Or, is it possible to run one or the other once they are combined? I think I recall combining them but OA still having A2 content in the editor. (Which prevented others who only own OA from playing anything edited by me.)

Thanks for your time.

Edited by savedbygrace

Both EXE and Content Folder[Expansion, Dta, Addons] must be in the same directory, i.e Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 or to say ArmA 2 OA Has to be installed into ArmA 2 Folder if you want to play them Combined.

NOTE: BOTH GAMES MUST BE IN THE SAME DIRECTORY

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

If you combined the game and wants to play it seperately, simply just run arma2.exe instead of arma2oa.exe.

If you choose to play OA Alone and your game is combined, you could use Deadfast's CO Disabler Here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11128

Or the thread in forums

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102380

Thanks pal, I appreciate your response. I was hoping that I would be able to keep them separate but run them together.

Oh well, Folks will just have to purchase A2 along with OA now won't they!?

Ok I'm seriouslyy starting to lose my patience here. Yesterday I bought ARMA OA from Sprocket, the digital version, instaled without having Arma2 (I have had Arma2 months ago but displaced the DVD, cd key etc..) so I went just for the OA to try it out. Anyway, instals fine and everything, didn't apply any patches, tried to run it from .exe and got a securom error message:

No disc inserted.

Please insert the original "ArmA2_OA_retail" CD/DVD.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information.

Ok, I was like wtf, I have no DVD why woudl this message show up anyway, reinstaled teh game 2-3 times, checked this forums for solutions, tried everything. having all 4 files in my folder (paul.dll etc...), disabling any virtual drives and closing down any emulation software etc...no luck, tried 1.55 patch, no luck, then I tried some new beta patch and it kinda worked but only through the beta .exe file but while ingame I've had bunch of problems, for instance, I oculdnt play in the editor - test out editor because everytime i pressd preview I got an error that some "appereance01.cfg" file or sumthing missing, I quickly checked the campaign but FADE started kicking in so I said **** this and wrote to sprocket for a refund. Just to make it clear, I entered teh OA serial at the begining of instalation but there was no extra (like for securom) activation requests.

Anyway I got refunded and today I bought the ARMA 2 CO again from Sprocket thinking that with CO and arma2 itself I will have no problems....

Well great, I download teh both, get the serial keys, first I instaled Arma2, no probs, when installed I ran it just to see if all goes ok, I could play in editor and everything without problem so I thought it's alL cool. Ok so next is instaling OA, same procedure, entered teh serial ta the begining, check, instaled in ARMA2 folder (meaning bot harma2 and OA .exe files in same directory) but **** me, once installed, when trying to launch OA, i get the same bullshit message that there is no CD/DVD whatever present in teh drive...

Can somebody PLEASE help me with this and tell me there IS a solution. *crying*

Sorry for typos, writing from my phone

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Wow, and now I tried to patch my ARMA2 up to 1.08 with a 1.00-107 - 10.8 patch (330mb or so) and when i run it it says that ARMA2 is not installed...?!?! This game is completely broken

Edited by ninjaklan

Ok I'm seriouslyy starting to lose my patience here. Yesterday I bought ARMA OA from Sprocket, the digital version, instaled without having Arma2 (I have had Arma2 months ago but displaced the DVD, cd key etc..) so I went just for the OA to try it out. Anyway, instals fine and everything, didn't apply any patches, tried to run it from .exe and got a securom error message:

No disc inserted.

Please insert the original "ArmA2_OA_retail" CD/DVD.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information.

Ok, I was like wtf, I have no DVD why woudl this message show up anyway, reinstaled teh game 2-3 times, checked this forums for solutions, tried everything. having all 4 files in my folder (paul.dll etc...), disabling any virtual drives and closing down any emulation software etc...no luck, tried 1.55 patch, no luck, then I tried some new beta patch and it kinda worked but only through the beta .exe file but while ingame I've had bunch of problems, for instance, I oculdnt play in the editor - test out editor because everytime i pressd preview I got an error that some "appereance01.cfg" file or sumthing missing, I quickly checked the campaign but FADE started kicking in so I said **** this and wrote to sprocket for a refund. Just to make it clear, I entered teh OA serial at the begining of instalation but there was no extra (like for securom) activation requests.

Anyway I got refunded and today I bought the ARMA 2 CO again from Sprocket thinking that with CO and arma2 itself I will have no problems....

Well great, I download teh both, get the serial keys, first I instaled Arma2, no probs, when installed I ran it just to see if all goes ok, I could play in editor and everything without problem so I thought it's alL cool. Ok so next is instaling OA, same procedure, entered teh serial ta the begining, check, instaled in ARMA2 folder (meaning bot harma2 and OA .exe files in same directory) but **** me, once installed, when trying to launch OA, i get the same bullshit message that there is no CD/DVD whatever present in teh drive...

Can somebody PLEASE help me with this and tell me there IS a solution. *crying*

Sorry for typos, writing from my phone

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Wow, and now I tried to patch my ARMA2 up to 1.08 with a 1.00-107 - 10.8 patch (330mb or so) and when i run it it says that ARMA2 is not installed...?!?! This game is completely broken

there are a few choices you have:

https://support.securom.com/removaltool.html

Thats what I did after getting this securom error ( guess it happened at my end because of a broken Installation/ checking out at the moment how a Steam Installation of ARMA2&ARMA2 OA&BAF corrupts a preinstalled disc installation of ARMA2&ARMA2 OA&BAF) have two bunches of them/ 3 PCs so it makes sense:

DEVELOPERS please test this !!!! I did read something here about better autodetection, but there is another Problem, DISC and STEAM instalation harm each other .... me spending already 3 days and nights on this issue ( including uninstall of both , reinstalling in different orders etc things getting worse if you try to configure a dedicated server there the incompability/inaccessibility starts

best you use a systemrestorepoint and delete all profiles under your useraccount:application data or my documents [differs between Vista (for example C:\Users\Admin\Documents C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local ) and W7

delete everything you find about ARMA2

I did use system restorepoint

and the rest in this order

1. ARMA2

2. ARMA2 Patch 1.08 in one piece

3. ARMA2 OA from Disc [ Version: 1.51.71083 ]

4. ARMA2 OA Patch 1.55

5. BAF DLC from Sprocket

btw BAF needs a higher patchlevel of OA than the one from the disc

ARMA2 OA comes with Patch 1.06 onboard on the disc.... but the above order worked for me best

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

Arma 2: Combined Operations includes Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. If you bought it, your old Arma 2 is now obsolete and you can uninstall it. If you're patching Combed Operations the only patch you need is the Operation Arrowhead patch, which will first patch OA files to 1.55, then Arma 2 files to 1.08, then BAF DLC files (if you have the BAF DLC) to 1.01. You don't need to use any other patch.

This is what I did with my installation, and I've never had any problems:

1. Used my DVD to install Arma 2
  2. Used my Sprocket-downloaded OA installation exe - automatically combined my old Arma 2 and new OA installations into CO
  3. Used my Sprocket-downloaded BAF DLC installation exe
  4. Ran the OA 1.55 patch

First it updated my OA files to 1.55, then ran a second updater bringing Arma 2 to 1.08, then a third one which brought my BAF DLC files up to 1.01.

Edited by Zipper5

Arma 2: Combined Operations includes Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead. If you bought it, your old Arma 2 is now obsolete and you can uninstall it. If you're patching Combed Operations the only patch you need is the Operation Arrowhead patch, which will first patch OA files to 1.55, then Arma 2 files to 1.08, then BAF DLC files (if you have the BAF DLC) to 1.01. You don't need to use any other patch.

This is what I did with my installation, and I've never had any problems:

1. Used my DVD to install Arma 2
  2. Used my Sprocket-downloaded OA installation exe - automatically combined my old Arma 2 and new OA installations into CO
  3. Used my Sprocket-downloaded BAF DLC installation exe
  4. Ran the OA 1.55 patch

First it updated my OA files to 1.55, then ran a second updater bringing Arma 2 to 1.08, then a third one which brought my BAF DLC files up to 1.01.

Hi Zipper5, may I ask you a question please. As I usualy also use two Steam accounts, I had to realize that I have to be logged into that account wich contains ARMA2 etc. ( that blocks for me the usage of my other steamgames on that acount - ARMA2 etc. included) on some other gaming PCs in the house, as soon as I just want to use the dedicated ARMA2 OA Steam server ... there is a trick wich I don´t like ( and the game tends to crash / wich it usualy does not ) ... logging into 2nd acount and starting the server.exe manualy - is there no way for steam to UNLOCK the server ( just the dedicated server not the game for another acccount?/ the files are there in the Steamfolder anyway)

...there is some 5MBit upload to be used at my end, hosting is my pleasure.

Allso copy and paste of the whole gamefolder (from DVD instalation) to a second PC to run as a server is no good anymore.

If on the other machine ArmA2 etc. has been used via a steam account you receive an error messeage -ArmA 2 OA error window:

Failed to load file "baf\addons\air_d_baf.pbo" -decryption of headers failed It would be perfect if these 2 installations would cope with each other, instead of damaging each other ( read my post above please)

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

Please delete

Edited by SmukY

Im having similar troubles to ninjaklan.

I purchased arma2 for my son with the BI sale. Downloaded both through sprocket and installed. neither would detect the other to run combined operations. After an uninstall and re-install still same problem. Then I decided I would try to patch. duh. Operation arrowhead patched No problems. But my arma2 is not patching. saying game is not installed.

Now Im reading and I someone posts that you need to install and patch arma2 first. UGH. not again.

Ive spent over 2 hours on this. Time is money. I shoulda bought through steam.

Please help me. I uninstalled. I deleted the bohemia interactive registery for arma2. Then I re installed. launched. It wont patch. No matter what I do!!

Please help.

I had the same problems here as ninjaklan and SpecterM, that was about a minute ago.

I`ll try to explain what I did, maybe it helps.

Before I begin I`ll tell you that I earned a PTSP on this matter.

1. Formatted System drive and installed Windows XP (had Windows 7)

2. Install Arma 2 (don`t turn off the option "play game" at the end of intallation, enter game, than exit)

a) press start>run>regedit

b) go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Bohemia Interactive Studio/Arma 2

c) add new string value > name it MAIN > double click it and in VALUE DATA type a path to your installation folder (ex. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma 2

d) This solves the patching and further installing of Combined Operations

e) Play a game a little bit until it autosaves or something (maybe it makes no sense, but do it anyhow)

2. Now install Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and also a the end DO NOT turn of "play game", after this secuROM will show up but it will now ask you to ACTIVATE and when you do the game starts.

3. Same thing for Arma 2 BAF

4. Patch with latest ARMA 2 OA patch (1.55) as it will also patch Arma 2 to 1.08, OA to 1.55, and BAF to 1.01.

Hope this helps!

Heres is my problem that got fixed thanks to members at the Urban Task force clan.

I purchased the combined operations pack from bohemia.

The problem was. You cant patch arma2 by itself.

You install arma2.

then install arma2 OA into the exact folder as arma2.

the game will automatically patch both games. and create a shortcut for combined operations. kinda screwy way of doing things BI. but FINALLY It fixed.

Heres is my problem that got fixed thanks to members at the Urban Task force clan.

I purchased the combined operations pack from bohemia.

The problem was. You cant patch arma2 by itself.

You install arma2.

then install arma2 OA into the exact folder as arma2.

the game will automatically patch both games. and create a shortcut for combined operations. kinda screwy way of doing things BI. but FINALLY It fixed.

Yep, I had explained this in other thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1796519&postcount=10

This is caused by the Installer from Sprocket that messed up the Registry Machine system

My install Fails on Sprocket Download as soon as the Pc has more than 4GB, might be 2, of RAM.

CRC errors...

Tried it on 2 machines.

My install Fails on Sprocket Download as soon as the Pc has more than 4GB, might be 2, of RAM.

CRC errors...

Tried it on 2 machines.

I´ve got 6 GB RAM and never had any CRC errors (fingers crossed :P);

they´ll happen more often if something in your system is overclocked, though!?

(or maybe if you have a real slow HD (read in another post, interesting, regarding the time stamp problem))

Edited by @ST

Ok i got COMBINED OPS off of the website when it was on sale everything runs great only problem is i payed for COMBINED OPS and Sprocket installs it as 2 seperate games....

EPIC FAIL>>>???

anyone help me out on this one?

Hello!

Yesterday I bought ARMA II and ARMA II OA on dvd in Hungary. When I tried to install ARMA II, I faced a problem: the dvd won't start in the dvd rom. There is a little short "spin noise" but nothing else. I tried to install ARMA II OA that is working normaly, and I have not problem with other dvds too. I did some research, so I changed my dvd's region code to "2" but it did not help to solve the problem. It is a Samsung SP2004C dvd rom rwd.

Ok i got COMBINED OPS off of the website when it was on sale everything runs great only problem is i payed for COMBINED OPS and Sprocket installs it as 2 seperate games....

EPIC FAIL>>>???

anyone help me out on this one?

CO = (A2+OA) in the same folder (Directory)

No Epic Fail present

Hello!

Yesterday I bought ARMA II and ARMA II OA on dvd in Hungary. When I tried to install ARMA II, I faced a problem: the dvd won't start in the dvd rom. There is a little short "spin noise" but nothing else. I tried to install ARMA II OA that is working normaly, and I have not problem with other dvds too. I did some research, so I changed my dvd's region code to "2" but it did not help to solve the problem. It is a Samsung SP2004C dvd rom rwd.

I bought a second one to my little brother as a gift, we opened his box and tried his disk I still have got the same problem... OA started, ARMA II has got a little spin noise and nothing else :butbut:

I bought a second one to my little brother as a gift, we opened his box and tried his disk I still have got the same problem... OA started, ARMA II has got a little spin noise and nothing else :butbut:

I think you may have bought a pirate copy or something and/or just lucked out badly on the arma2 discs.

I get a file copy error. See screenshot below. I purchased OA via Amazon. (digital download). I am installing it directly from where it downloaded.

oaerror.jpg

:EDIT:

Image was to large.

Edited by Encrypted_God

Hello guys, i bouth my arma 2 combined now and when i tried update my game to 1.08 from my version (1.05) i have problem, because the path didnt found my game,

the message of error is

mensagemdeerro.png

but the arma 2 working good alone.

i bouth from the spocret website.

someone can help me?

tanks a lot

Varella

Edited by Varella

@Varella - If you have CO install patch 1.57 not 1.08.

@Others wich still have similar issues, uninstall all arma related.

install Arma2, run Arma2 1 time and save in a mission, then exit game.

Now install OA in same folder as Arma2, check that CO installer does that or do it manually.

Now install any DLC if you have bought them (BAF, PMC)

Now run patch 1.57

done.

We got Encrypted_God's game installed NP now, I just sent him that file that was preventing his game

from completely installing and it solved the problem.