ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Hey guys, not sure if I should put this here, but I couldn't find a thread that was about this topic.

Basically its about the installation of the new addon, BAF. Now I downloaded it from GamersGate, downloaded the content but when I try to install it I get a "7-zip: Data Error" and it just won't install. I tried deleting the file and trying about but it doesn't work. Any help please?

Cheers,

Han

I'm getting an error when installing the BAF DLC. I also downloaded it from GamersGate as well. On extracting, the installer starts, I was prompted to enter my CD-key etc, and then immediately I got a runtime error. Running the setup thereafter produced a runtime error immediately.

The error is the good old "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" one, with "The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way"

Any ideas?

EDIT ---

Problem solved, appears to have been BitDefender causing a problem with the installer. Disabling this for the BAF installation solved the problem.

Edited by RealAir

ok so i dunno if this is the right thread to report my problem with installing BAF but... ok so i purchased it from gamersgate.co.uk and i downloaded it from the website then i clicked the .exe icon that then extracted too 100% at that point it comes up with the .. BAF logo.. installer i think and then immediately an 'encountered problem must close, send or dont send' that problem wtf is going on!?!?! help plz =[

I bought CO from GamersGate, and my ArmA 2 wouldn't work no matter what I did. It installed fine, but I got a few errors when patching to 1.07, and the game crashed on start-up.

I finally decided to download the game again from GamersGate, and suddenly everything works fine. If you get any errors when patching, do NOT just ignore the errors - something is wrong with your install.

I'm surprised GG apparently doesn't have any kind of CRC on the download...

hi , i cant install BAF ... :mad: i downloaded it from gamersgate and double clicked the .exe which actually.... isnt the installer i believe its connected to the gamersgate server to extract the installation files .. so it gets too 100% then tries to load the installer finally and imediately crashes saying ArmA has encounttered a problem send or dont send =.=

its rediculous i believe it might be gamersgate thats the problem not my pc or the game itself ... i've reinstalled Arma and turned off all Anti viruses HELP ME FOR GOD SAKE :butbut:

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I bought CO from GamersGate, and my ArmA 2 wouldn't work no matter what I did. It installed fine, but I got a few errors when patching to 1.07, and the game crashed on start-up.

I finally decided to download the game again from GamersGate, and suddenly everything works fine. If you get any errors when patching, do NOT just ignore the errors - something is wrong with your install.

I'm surprised GG apparently doesn't have any kind of CRC on the download...

CRC? wot do u mean...

CRC? wot do u mean...

CRC = Cyclic Redundancy Check, a way to calculate a hash/check-sum of data to validate the file is not corrupted.

If you have a problem with installing anything from GamersGate, try deleting the relevant directory under GamersGate temporary files, and executing the installer again. It should be under your Documents folder somewhere. This will cause it to download the game again. It worked for me with ArmA 2, which is why I'm pretty sure the GG installer doesn't do any kind of check-sum on its files, which makes file corruption a possibility.

According to Bohemia Interactive Arma2 Operation Arrowhead is a STANDALONE install. This means that Arma2 DOES NOT,I repeat Does Not need to be installed.

---------- Post added at 05:11 ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 ----------

My sincere apologies for this opening lengthy post but I want to make sure that the steps I have taken are understood so not to repeat them.

I have as many others seem to be having a problem with not just the CD/DVD install but also the Digital Download installs. I have DL from direct2Drive, so I have no CD available to me but I am getting this error message,

(Copied & pasted) the following error message:

SecuROMâ„¢ has determined a disc different than the original or play-disc was detected. This could be caused by a backup copy, or in the case of a multiple disc set, the wrong disc was inserted before starting the program. Please follow these steps to help resolve the issue:

* Please ensure the correct disc is inserted.

* If the problem persists, or you need additional assistance, please send a SecuROMâ„¢ analysis file to support@securom.com (see Support Info section on how to prepare and send an analysis file).

This is when I click on support- what I get...

SecuROMâ„¢ Support Information:

If your software title launch problem cannot be solved with the hints given on the corresponding message section, please send a detailed error description and a SecuROMâ„¢ analysis file to support@securom.com. Please consult the following steps to generate this analysis file.

We developed this easy-to-use and effective error analysis tool to retrieve information necessary to locate the problem. The information contained in the analysis file is compressed and encrypted.

1. Make sure the original disc (play or launch disc) is in a local CD or DVD-ROM drive. (Don't have one-made one so I burned one & when that didn't work mounted one to virtual drive)

2. Please reboot your computer and do not start any additional applications.

3. 'Right-click' (click the right button of your mouse) on the desktop shortcut (icon) of the program/game or the actual SecuROM protected executable which can be found in the installation directory of the program/game.(Done)

4. A dialog menu will appear. Choose 'Launch Analysis' from the menu choices.

5. After selecting 'Launch Analysis', a disclaimer window will appear.

6. To proceed, please click onto the 'Yes' button.

7. The program will now generate an 'AnalysisLog.sr0' file within the root of your C:\ directory.

8. Please 'zip' (archive) this file (to avoid email corruption) and send it to our official email address support@securom.com together with a description of your problem (e.g. screen shots, further details).

Steps taken: Both Direct2Drive & Securom have been notified & I have been speaking with Direct2Drive for the past 5 days. Still waiting on Securom to contact me.

Sent Analysis file to Securom

Uninstalled Arma2 & Operation Arrowhead.

Cleaned out registry of anything that may have dealt with this.

Re-downloaded & Installed Arma2 Operation Arrow from Direct2Drive-Independent drive

Installation went as planned

Launch program and what would you know.... Bingo Same error message.

I may have missed it but I didn't see anything that was specific to my problem with a Digital download & cd needed error.

Anyone have a suggestion on how I may resolve this issue, the reason being is because I have been relying on Direct2Drive to give me the answer but at the same time I realized it not their issue. I am still waiting on a response from Securom for a possible fix to this issue. (5 days and counting with 4 separate emails sent to them)

Much thanks for your time & effort in resolving my issue.

Johnny Vonz

---------- Post added at 07:36 ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 ----------

All I had to do was create another account on my computer and give that user limited rights.

PROBLEM SOLVED

So simple to do, it is always the "TURN YOUR COMPUTER ON " solutions that we just don't see.

Johnny Vonz

Edited by johnvon28
To Post header

Just bought and DL'd OA from Sprocket, DL seemed to go fine. When I try to install it to my ARMA 2 folder (ver 1.07) I get the "Missing ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" error and the install ends. As my ARMA2 1.07 patch is named ARMA2Patch_100_to_107.exe and I couldn't find anything online named "ARMA2Patch_1_07.exe" I renamed the patch and copied it over to the "17401" folder that was created by the download. Reinstalled and then got a "missing readme.txt" error that killed the installation.. SO I made one and tossed THAT into the 17401 install folder. Reinstalled yet again and this time I get a "missing ARMA2OA_manual.pdf" error! Soooo, I make a "ARMA2OA_manual.pdf" file in MS Word with "test" in it and place that in the 17401 install folder and try one more time... Success! Why is it looking for these files and why do I not have them? Going to do the 1.54 update now, hope that works!

Edit: Looks like everything has installed and OA ver. 1.54 is all set... now to try and connect to MP.

Edited by GaryR

im getting an error with wheeled_e.pbo when reinstalling on a new HD with and update from vista to Windows 7 64. Can i dl and replace this file as ive uninstalled and reinstalled 3 time with patches from 3 diff places.

tanks

I have seen this question asked but not answered. I purchased the game from gogamer through amazon.com and installed the software but am unable to play because it is asking for a serial #. The only # I have is the installation key on the back of the manual. I have tried this multiple ways but it doesn't work. Can someone help me resolve this issue. I have tried to email tech support listed on the error message and am waiting for a response. I ask here because someone might have some insight to my issue. Thanks

Hi guys,

I bought A2 retail european version, I already installed it on my desktop PC few weeks ago without problem.

I tried to install it on my brand new laptop (i7 720QM, 8Go ram, geforce 360m, windows 7 64bits), but the install freeze my whole computer from the beginning, and I have no other solution than restart my laptop...I have no error message.

Any ideas ?

P.S. : I don't know if it could be a clue but, with my desktop pc, the setup plays a music during install (setup.wav on the dvd) and on my laptop it freezes just at time that it should starts to play music.....

Edited by YeagerFBH

your soundcard from the laptop may not be able to play it.

had an issue ages ago with a different game,and it always crashed when a specially soundfile should start to play ingame. the fix was ,i bought a new soundcard,and everything went fine.

I have seen this question asked but not answered. I purchased the game from gogamer through amazon.com and installed the software but am unable to play because it is asking for a serial #. The only # I have is the installation key on the back of the manual. I have tried this multiple ways but it doesn't work. Can someone help me resolve this issue. I have tried to email tech support listed on the error message and am waiting for a response. I ask here because someone might have some insight to my issue. Thanks

Send a PM to Placebo and he'll help you out. ;)

your soundcard from the laptop may not be able to play it.

had an issue ages ago with a different game,and it always crashed when a specially soundfile should start to play ingame. the fix was ,i bought a new soundcard,and everything went fine.

I don't think this is a soundcard issue (realtek High definition audio), because the .wav files plays fine when I open it in WMP.

But during install, it seems that IT freeze the computer. It freezes when autorun.wav tries to play or when setup.wav tries to play.:mad:

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

IT WORKS !!!!!!

That sounds to be a stupid solution, but installing the last audio drivers solved my problem !!!

Isn't it a stupid issue that a 50€ game can freeze a brand new gamer laptop JUST BECAUSE OF A FU**** wav file !!!

Come on bi studio, think about it next time !!

That sounds to be a stupid solution, but installing the last audio drivers solved my problem !!!

Isn't it a stupid issue that a 50€ game can freeze a brand new gamer laptop JUST BECAUSE OF A FU**** wav file !!!

Come on bi studio, think about it next time !!

Think about what ? Your drivers not being up to date ?

Think about what ? Your drivers not being up to date ?

Think about that I can imagine my brand new laptop bought 1 week ago being up to date.

And think about a 50€ game can be messed up by a single useless 5 seconds long .wav file.

Voilà à quoi ils pourraient penser la prochaine fois...à bon entendeur.

Edited by YeagerFBH

Think about that I can imagine my brand new laptop bought 1 week ago being up to date.

And think about a 50€ game can be messed up by a single useless 5 seconds long .wav file.

Voilà à quoi ils pourraient penser la prochaine fois...à bon entendeur.

Of course, that sounds very reasonable :eek:

I uninstalled and reinstalled the software. I added a new subdirectory of the original installation path and called it OA just to separate another step from my original arma2 installation. I had noticed that the original icon created was called "combined operations" and thought that might be the source of my issue. So, now it works after the install.

The only issue I have now is that the software is looking for my DVD every time I start. Is this typical or should I try to reinstall to avoid this issue?

If it is typical I think I would rather create a virtual drive or copy the DVD to a separate directory and install it from there to avoid the hassle of having the DVD around every time I want to plat the game.

I doubt you know this already, but save yourself all that hassle and legal issues, and just download the latest beta patch for OA. There is no DVD check when you run it.

So I decided to get back into the game after a few months because of a recent AH-1Z thread on another forum. I begin installing, until it gets to dubbing.plo, and then it fails a CRC check. I tried unzipping the .gz file myself, and it also fails.

This is the first time I've tried to install since installing Win7, but it installed fine when I had Vista previously, same hardware setup.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Never mind. Took it to a shop and exchanged it for a fresh copy, all is well now :)

I bought it from a local game store in Hong Kong. I paid FULL price for it (ie NOT pirated, barely cheaper than Steam), and have the exact same issue.

hi all! first, the specs: winxp professional x64,nvidia 9800gt vc, amd ath3400+,dx9.0c(latest),latest vc drivers(yes, i'm sure...been around for awhile...) 2gb ram(before you laugh,it runs Arma2(1st disk) fine), plenty of hd space. now to the issue: bought arma2:c/ops from "wally world" (figure the SUPER-chain would dispatch cyborgs to my home if i didn't pay for typing THEIR name!;)) loaded arma2 1st disk with no problems(have played through several missions so far in campaign mode) however, when i put the 2nd disk in for the arrowhead exp. my comp crashes after getting about 5% into install and restarts my comp! the horrible blue screen comes up with just enough time to see main exception error and then the comp restarts! no probs with 1st disk, only when trying to install 2nd disk.....hmmm. any thoughts?

Hey guys,

I purchased Arma2 a while ago and installed it on my pc, then installed A2 OA on the same pc.

Recently, my pc went down for various issues and I have been forced to use my wife's pc until I can get matters resolved. I opted to reinstall the same copies onto her pc until I get mine going again and was wondering if that will cause problems with the securcom activation? I have no plans of operating both pc's with the identical serial numbers but don't want problems with fade later. Any thoughts?

Also, If I have installed Arma2 and A2 OA separately in the Bohemia Interactive folder, how do I get them to run at the same time to gain the benefits of both?

Hey guys,

Well im looking for a solution to my "specific" issue. I have ArmA 2 on steam,

OA and BAF from Sprocket, did a fresh install the other day. Steam installed A2 in the steam folder as usual. I then installed OA inside that folder

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2

I also put BAF in the same path. When i launch the game using ArmA II Launcher in the Expansions Menu i see arma twice.

arma2oa2010111310491135.jpg

Is that normal? My Arma works perfect im just wondering if i installed something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

Stauff

that's normal

the small arma 2 is the path detected ARMA 2 while Arma 2 is the Ca; from modline

we are aiming for better 'solution' around patch 1.56 (including autodection of ARMA 2 install)