ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Ok, I have reinstalled 5 times from the DVD, I keep getting CRC errors. I have downloaded Arrrowhead from a torrent and tried to install from that, CRC errors still. I went to Best Buy and get a different copy of the game, still getting CRC errors.

What else can I do besides asking for my money back?

What else can I do besides asking for my money back?

never ever tell the dev's anything about piracy and torrents.

but beside,you may reinstall your OS,btw. check your RAM. crc errors can caused by broken RAM . it doesnt sounds like a corrupt dvd or something.it sounds more like your sys is kinda f*** up.

never ever tell the dev's anything about piracy and torrents.

but beside,you may reinstall your OS,btw. check your RAM. crc errors can caused by broken RAM . it doesnt sounds like a corrupt dvd or something.it sounds more like your sys is kinda f*** up.

Well I don't consider what I did piracy since I did pay for it.

But I've not had any issues like this with any other game on that system so I wouldn't think it a problem with my PC.

Well I don't consider what I did piracy since I did pay for it.

But I've not had any issues like this with any other game on that system so I wouldn't think it a problem with my PC.

At my end it was a driverproblem and also different RAM did help. I did use the Windows built in Memory Diagnostics to narrow down the source.

Before this I wasn´t aware that the PC had a problem at all.

Reducing RAM speed from 800MHZ to 667MHz helped too.

At the end of the day I did swap RAM with other PC´s RAM.

By the way the RAM wasn´t faulty. It was just a mismatch RAM/motherboard.

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

I have just installed the Australian DVD retail version of OA and got a bunch of errors, it finished installing and when it starts I get "can't find xxx" errors. I will try to copy the DVD's contents to HDD and reinstall tommorrow. Oh and I will set standard clock speed too.

I hope I don't have to exchange it for another copy. (I had to do that with the original Operation Flashpoint)

Edited by VIPERGTSR01

Update

I uninstalled OA ad set my CPU speed and settings back to standard, reinstalled and had no errors during install at all. I then installed 1.07 patch aslo without any errors..

BUT

When I start the game it still says I am missing some roof texture/file (or something) and it only tells me I am at version 1.51?

1.51 is OA pre 1.52 patch, you don't mention that you installed the 1.52 patch for OA?

Oh sorry, I think I have been getting the versions mixed up, No I haven't installed any 1.52. Just a 1.07 patch but I guess that is just for ARMA 2 itself. I will download and install the 1.52 OA patch then.

In the mean time I have been playing and everything seems fine except from time to time I get a message telling me how the game can't find a roof texture, even after the reinstall (that didn't give errors). Otherwise I am enjoying it and it is performing very well.

Hi guys,

so I bought ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead in DVD. At the moment I only installed ArmA2 and I did NOT update it yet.

Since I'd like to combine them, do I have to first update ArmA2 and then install OA and update it, or simply install OA (without updating ArmA2) and then update only OA? How exactly is the process?

Note that I intend to install them in the same folder and I'd like to play the single player campaign first (of both).

Thanks

EDIT:

Nevermind I figured it out.

First install ArmA2, then OA in the same folder. You should already have a Combined Operation shortcut made automatically by the installer in either the desktop or the all programs folder. Then update ArmA2 and after that update OA. Not sure if the updating order makes any difference.

Edited by pwnzie

Hi

I bought and installed OP Arrowhead and when it got to the activation it asked for the serial key. I typed in the install key, since I could find no reference to serial key. No good.

This is a store-bought disk rather than a download.

What does serial key refer to and where is it??

In setting up game system options, ie: movement, It comes out jerky and adjusting the settings doesn't do anything. Please help.

Hi guys, I am encountering a similar problem. I keep getting CRC errors for random files during the install. I coppied the cd and put it into a folder on my HDD, still no luck installying from there. I then installed all recent updates that were available for my computer, still no luck. I am definitely not overclocking, don't even know how, not that tech savy. Any tips please? Thanks, I want to play this!

Just installed CO (arma2 then OA). I did so in the default directory (on XP). So how do I know they combined?!? No confirmation box, no CO shortcut (HOW DO I START CO ?!?!??) (HINT HINT BIS!, Should be automatic IMO)

I'm not the most tech-savvy individual. So it would have been nice if there was SOMETHING just to let you know it went OK, oh & BTW here's how to start your game combined but no....so here I am.

Do I need to apply patches or will my package be up to date as it was just freshly dl'ed from sprocket? (Are CO patches available that patch the whole package or are patches applied to a2 & OA separately?)

Would really appreciate some help, thanks!

EDIT: started OA went to editor only takistan, desert & zargabad NO utes or chernaus (apologies for spelling!)

UPDATE: Have learned from another user that you do not have a CO.exe shortcut. You must install arma 2 & then OA but point the OA install directory to the arma 2 directory (default for me on xp is: C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ ). Then start via the OA short cut which renames itself to Combined Operations.

Edited by RomeoSierra
update

Hi guys, I am encountering a similar problem. I keep getting CRC errors for random files during the install. I coppied the cd and put it into a folder on my HDD, still no luck installying from there. I then installed all recent updates that were available for my computer, still no luck. I am definitely not overclocking, don't even know how, not that tech savy. Any tips please? Thanks, I want to play this!

DVD Drive firmware is usually not found automatically via Windows update and the like so you need to manually check the manufacturer's website for an update, also make sure that your DVD drive supports dual layer DVDs.

DVD Drive firmware is usually not found automatically via Windows update and the like so you need to manually check the manufacturer's website for an update, also make sure that your DVD drive supports dual layer DVDs.

Got the latest firmware updates for my DVD/CD drive and still no luck, same crc problem upon installation.

And your DVD drive definitely supports DL DVD? Have you updated your motherboard Sata drivers? It is possible the DVD is faulty sadly this happens somewhat regularly, do you have access to another PC/Laptop you can try it with?

Yeah, considering it can burn DL DVDs, it should be good with running them. I will try updating the motherboard, see what happens! Fingers crossed.

I've just got the game and am having some difficulties installing.

I've done a search here and google and cannot find and answer.

The game was brought from EB games in Aus. CD version in the plastic case.

I'm going through the install process and once it starts to install (instantly) it will pop up with an error: 'File not Found D:ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe'.

I've checked the files on the CD and there is no 'ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe' file. So it's trying to call a non-existent file.

I have googled 'ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe' and found a 445mb file online (just to see if it actually exists). On my CD there is a 445mb file called 'ARMA2PAT.exe'. I believe the setup procedure should be calling this file instead.

I've checked the SETUP.DAT file (on the CD), there is a couple of references to 'ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe' (around lines 23-24-ish). My thoughts are that the incorrect SETUP.DAT has been shipped with the CD (maybe from another version/country) and it calling the wrong file names.

Long winded, but i wanted to make it clear that i've done some investigation and may have found the issue. I can send you the file list + SETUP.DAT file for you to check is need be. Or maybe you could send me the correct SETUP.DAT file for my version....? if this is the case.

Thanks.

..and PC specs are i5, 4g ram, GTX275, Win7 64bit.

Edit: copied all CD files to PC, editied the SETUP.DAT - changed all references of 'ARMA2Patch_1_06.exe' to 'ARMA2PAT.exe'. Installation worked for 10 sec or so then failed at 'battleye....something.. blah blah'. Looks like another mis-named file.

I'm 99% certain that the incorrect SETUP.DAT file has been shipped with my version.

Edited by Thrash

Salut,

je suis sous windows 7 et après avoir installé ama2 OA, windows m'informe que ARMA2 a cessé de fonctionner : windows peut rechercher une solution au problème en ligne (mais quand je clique ; RIEN) et je n'ai donc plus qu'une seule issue, celle de fermer le programme. Moi qui m'oblige à acheter mes jeux pour justement ne pas rencontrer de problèmes de ce genre, je suis un peu dégouter.

Merci à vous tout pour votre aide.... H E L P

Salut,

je suis sous windows 7 et après avoir installé ama2 OA, windows m'informe que ARMA2 a cessé de fonctionner : windows peut rechercher une solution au problème en ligne (mais quand je clique ; RIEN) et je n'ai donc plus qu'une seule issue, celle de fermer le programme. Moi qui m'oblige à acheter mes jeux pour justement ne pas rencontrer de problèmes de ce genre, je suis un peu dégouter.

Merci à vous tout pour votre aide.... H E L P

French to English translation:

Hello,

I'm on Windows 7 and after installing AMA2 OA, informs me that windows has stopped working Arma2: windows can find a solution to the problem online (but when I click, NOTHING), so I did more than only solution, but to close the program. Me that requires me to buy my games just do not encounter problems of this kind, I am a little disgust.

Thank you to you all for your help .... H E L P

Hello. I have problem with installation. Then then i installing the game i got error : "File copy error (CRC does not match) C;\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ARMA 2\Common\characters.pbo" but previous times i don't get this error and it work fine then i delete and reinstal the game i got this error. Can someone help me?

Hi Placebo Im new in the forum, thats my problem:

I have installed Arma2 (1.07) in my computer. When I tri to install OA, the first file installing is "Arma2 patch 1.06" and jump the message:

Error. Cant create the file "Arma2 patch 1.06"

And I tri to install it in other folder diferent to Arma2.

desactivate firewall.

I have changed the game like broken (I ve think is the CD)

The new CD do the same thing. Idont know how to do. Help me please Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Some one HELP ME PLEASE.

Thanks

I picked up OA on DVD yesterday... already have ARMA 2 installed via a Steam purchase. Anyhow the setup program asks for the install key on the back of the manual. I enter it and get the message that it's invalid. The key digits are clear and easy to read and I tried swapping 'zero's' for 'oh's' with no joy.

I've installed thousands of games, well maybe dozens, and never had this problem before with an install key.

Anybody?... Placebo?... help!

Byron

PM me your key (ideally with a highres image of a photo of the manual showing the key) and I can check it out for you.