ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

Yup does seem so, how are they issuing the replacement DVDs when they arrive, sending a copy straight out to you?

Contacted Idea games regarding the issue sounds like they released a bunch of bad DVD's

Attepting to install Operation Arrowhead via a disc purchased from a retailer, yet the CRC error arises at random points in the setup process. At maximum, have to wait for four hours for setup to even move again. Can this be resolved?

Get a replacement disc it seems a lot of people are having this issue. Contact your local distributor. I contacted idea games and awaiting a response.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Have you checked the files via MD5? Have you tried running Setup.exe from the Mydocuments/Sprocket folder?

Here's an MD5 for all of the files: http://solidfiles.com/d/67b0/

Use quickpar to verify files if nothing else installed: http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

Files to verify can be found in: C:\Users\*yourname*\Documents\Sprocket If Vista/Win7

Seems as though he has teh disc version does this work for the disc version too?

No the answer is for the Sprocket version, this seems to have been merged together with the DVD version which are unrelated issues.

Purchased from sproket and downlaoded using the sproket downloader. Upon install after s/n entry it gives this CRC does not match error.

The file is C:\Program files\bohemia interactive\ArmA 2\Arma2Patch_1_07.exe

I already have my ArmA 2 patched to 1.07.

My internet exporer is 8

My computer is a 2.4gz Q8300 with lots of memory

A Nvidia Gforce 9600gs

========

Update, as per suggestion on seperate post, I copied the files that the sproket downloaded into a sproket directory and moved them to the Arma 2 directory. Proceeded with running the setup.exe and all worked well. rgrs

Edited by wwsl
Problem Solved

I'm getting a CRC does not match error from my copy of the retail OA

I think I need a Replacement \OperationArrowhead\Expansion\Addons\air_e.pbo that doesn't get this error

How can we get Replacement files when we're using a retail disk copy of the game?

Edited by rob54362

This is not a real intallation problem, but almost.

I have A2 installed in a HD where OA doesnt fit. So I installed OA in a separate HD. So I have OA here and A2 there. Is it safe to copy the contents of A2 inside OA folder? If so, is there anything else I should do so that A2 patching patches there and not in the original A2 folder? Or the only solution is to uninstall both and reinstall both again in an HD with enough space for both of them?

I ran my dvd through dvdinfopro and getting a lot of CRC errors. IDEA games is ridicoulously slow with support. Is there a line i can call to speak with someone as this 5 days between emails is completely not happening.

I ran my dvd through dvdinfopro and getting a lot of CRC errors. IDEA games is ridicoulously slow with support. Is there a line i can call to speak with someone as this 5 days between emails is completely not happening.

Saturday and Sunday were weekend, Monday and Tuesday were public holidays in the Czech Republic.

I just spoke with IDEA's Support, firstly there's no record of Emails from your Email account used on here, secondly there's no support Emails awaiting reply as they were all processed Monday (despite it being a public holiday), thirdly you keep changing your tune, first you couldn't install, then you couldn't activate it, then you got stuck on a rock, which is it please?

Edited by Placebo

Saturday and Sunday were weekend, Monday and Tuesday were public holidays in the Czech Republic.

I just spoke with IDEA's Support, firstly there's no record of Emails from your Email account used on here, secondly there's no support Emails awaiting reply as they were all processed Monday (despite it being a public holiday), thirdly you keep changing your tune, first you couldn't install, then you couldn't activate it, then you got stuck on a rock, which is it please?

First of all placebo people do communicate with different email addresses. (ie. business, personal). Secondly what permission did i give you to take my details and transact with idea games. I've had several emails from them the latest informing me to return to my vendor. I was excited to get my new game in the post and highly disapointed that it was delievered as a non functional disc and its unacceptable for those requiring support to be treated so with such hostility. I was looking for an answer and no one here could seem to give it to me. I for one have played BIS games for many many years. Please dont bite the head off your customers because they are having issues with a faulty disc. I havent done anything wrong so please don't make it out as if i did.

Back on topic....

My email reply states i have to return my game to vendor.... Hopefully they have a new batch that doesnt have these CRC errors.

Hostility? I think you're being paranoid. Well you have your answer, if returning the disc doesn't work then I'm sure you'll update one of your posts.

Hello i got OA installed but when i run the exe it says: include file x\cba\addons\ui\fleximenu\data\common.hpp not found !!! somebody help me THX

This is the highest number of installation errors I have ever seen.

Currently I am copying all of the data from the disk to my HDD. This is the second time I have done this. Each time I attempt to install, it gets to a seemingly random file and tells me it's CRC does not match. I then copy the file back again from the disk. After 5 or so attempts like this, it tells me the patch .exe is corrupted. I copy that, the whole goddamned process restarts. Any help?

I will fucking kill something if I have to get another disk. I actually purchased this the first time on July 1st on Sprocket, but I tried for THREE DAYS to get that working, to no effect. I got a return from their and purchased it on Amazon on the 5th or so. I have just received it, and I am fed up with this bullshit.

I think it should be possible for me to expect the abilty to pop a disk into my computer, enter my CD code, wait a few minutes, and have the damn thing actually install. Is this a foreign concept to the publishers? My experiences would suggest so.

You should have posted your Sprocket issues on here, I don't believe anyone who has posted Sprocket problems has had them remain unsolved.

As to your current problems, is your DVD drive running the latest firmware?

It's a HP model, I can't find any Windows 7 firmware updates. And as to the download errors, my internet likes to cut out every so often, which led to missing chunks of data and corrupted files. It's not something that could really be fixed.

Hi. I just bought ArmA 2: Combined Operations DVDs and am getting the File copy error: (CRC does not match) message when I try to install and starts copying from either disc.

Can someone provide a good solution to this problem?

Windows XP SP3

Intel Core Duo E7200 @ 2.53GHz

2GB of RAM

ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512mb

Edited by CheckYourSix
Both discs get the same errors

Hi all. I just finished downloading both a2 and arrowhead with purchasing combined op off sprocket. I have a SSD set aside for arma. I created a folder titled BI and installed Arma 2 1st and all fine at 1.05. I then installed OA in the same folder and all fine. I could not launch OA with A2 content showing up. I installed 1.05-1.052 update which says is supposed to also update A2 to 1.7. OA updated but A2 did not. I download 1.05-1.07 seperatly and it says the Arma 2 does not exist or is corrupt but it is not as far as I am aware as I can launch the game. My only thought is that I installed OA in wrong directory but have tried to move it and error still exists. Any help would be much appreciated.

Would repeated failure to copy a certain file (in this case anims.pbo) mean disk corruption or drive failure/outdatedness?

I tried reinstalling, adding patch 1.00 -1.07 (already tried 1.5-1.7) still says Arma2 doesn't exsist or is corrupt yet I can start and play the game? both games work fine seperatly but I think I need 1.7 for them to combine. It is on a seperate drive (not C:, which is the default ). I have also tried putting update on sme drive and in same folder.

EDIT: Solved!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101166

EDIT 2: Spoke to soon. I was able to update to 1.7 but I still do not have A2 when I launch OA. Any help would be appreciated. What file path should OA be in if Arma 2 is in D:\ArmA 2

Edited by sofmisf

OA should be in the exact same directory thus D:\ArmA 2

Thanks, After I had patch 1.7 I unistalled OA and reinstalled this time it default to Arma 2 and all is good.

I don't have ArmA II installed but it says I need the ArmA 2 patch 1.07 installed, what now, lol?

OK, i've been sat here on the install screen for combined ops for awhile now. The bar has moved along smoothly, almost to the end - but, for the last 40 minutes and counting, it's not shifted from 'copying zargabad'.

Is this normal? How long am I meant to wait for this to complete before getting pissed off?

Sounds like something isn't right, what version of the game?