ShadeCrenshaw

ArmA II / OA Installation problems

I'll just get right to the point. I cannot install the game.

I get past the autorun, the CD-key check, everythings fine untill the game starts installing the Buildings2.pbo file. It freezes, not just the instalation, but my entire computer freezes.

I've tried cleaning the disk, scanning the computer with NOD32 antivirus, cleaning the registry, changing the install directory. NOTHING WORKS. :mad:

I've tried cheating and 'extracting' the files from the disk, but it doesnt work ether. When the comp starts copying the Buildings2.pbo file, it freezes, not just the extracting, but the whole comp.

This, ina word, is pissing me off. Can anyone help??

maybe your pc cant handle the awesomeness of arma2

Operating System: Windows XP Profesional SP3 (5.1, Build 2600)

Processor: Intel Core Duo E8200 @ 2.66GHz (2CPU's)

Memory: 3582 RAM

DirectX: 9

Video Card:GeForce 250GTS, 512mb

Space:350GB

Hi, I get this error while the Setup file is copying files. Anybody know what might be wrong? The setup07.bin currupt?

It's the digital download copy of Operation Arrowhead from Sprocket.

File copy error (CRC does not match).

c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Expansion\Addons\weapons_e.pbo

Thank you.

It freezes every time on that file? Have you tried installing on a different computer to see if it's the disk that's faulty? Have you tried upgrading your DVD drive's firmware? Do you have a different DVD drive you can try installing from?

If the game is still new and within the period of store warranty it might be worth seeing if you can exchange the disk.

Have you checked the files via MD5? Have you tried running Setup.exe from the Mydocuments/Sprocket folder?

Here's an MD5 for all of the files: http://solidfiles.com/d/67b0/

Use quickpar to verify files if nothing else installed: http://www.quickpar.org.uk/

Files to verify can be found in: C:\Users\*yourname*\Documents\Sprocket If Vista/Win7

Hi Placebo, I checked solidfiles and the MD5 for setup06.bin and setup07.bin in my Sprocet folder are different to the soildfiles MD5.

Do I need to re-download setup06.bin? edit: setup06.bin does not match.

setup07.bin is correct according to solidfiles

Yes I have tried launching setup from the Sprocket folder but I still get the same error.

Cheers mate.

Edited by XR8

Yes any files that didn't match needs re-downloading, unless you downloaded them using a download manager/FTP client or such in which case if you run Sprocket.exe it "should" check all the files and download any missing bytes (I had 40mb missing from one file I'd downloaded with getright and Sprocket.exe simply downloaded the missing parts and then verified and started the install process).

Thanks Placebo I will try that and get back to you.

Thanks again Placebo, you are a legend.

Hope this thread helps other n00bs out.

I bought Arma 2 yesterday. When I put the disc in the screen with the readme, Arma2.com and install options popped up. When I clicked on install, nothing happened. I tried this for 30 minutes. I eventually created an iso image of the disc, mounted it with Daemon tools and installed it that way. My question is, will this cause any problems with the copy protection (I think its called Fade)? It is a legal, store bought copy (combined ops, if that helps) and it has a valid key.

-Also, I have close to 120 pc games and have never had any problems with any other discs.

Hi guys!

I'm getting really angry now. It seems, that this CRC error plaques all the different versions as well. I just tried to install OA from the original DVD (hungarian version), but failed because of a CRC error of different files.

What shall I do now? I can't even setup this game...

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Sorry guys, I've just checked the website of the local distributor (cdgalaxis.hu) and they states that the first batch of the DVD-s of OA seems to be defective, so they're waiting for a replacement. :(

You're using the original exe and it's been legally activated online presumably so I shouldn't see why, it's possible the firmware of your DVD drive needed updating, it's a similar problem reported over many years and the solution is usually copy the install files to the HDD then install from there, which is essentially what you did except with the extra (and unnecessary) layer of creating an actual image on the HDD :)

Doh that's annoying, I seem to recall the same happened last year with A2 from one of the distributors as well, can't remember which one, maybe the Czech ones.

Anyways one possibility is to upgrade the firmware of your DVD drive, it's something most people forget to do and can cause such errors when trying to install the games, obviously in this instance it sounds like it's the DVD you bought but it won't hurt to try :)

Maybe also try copying the files off the DVD onto your hard drive then installing from there as well.

I bought Arma 2 yesterday. When I put the disc in the screen with the readme, Arma2.com and install options popped up. When I clicked on install, nothing happened. I tried this for 30 minutes. I eventually created an iso image of the disc, mounted it with Daemon tools and installed it that way. My question is, will this cause any problems with the copy protection (I think its called Fade)? It is a legal, store bought copy (combined ops, if that helps) and it has a valid key.

-Also, I have close to 120 pc games and have never had any problems with any other discs.

Im having the same issue hangs up on copying over the arma2106patch.exe and doesnt continue. Im transfering the dvd contents over to my hdd now will update. Possibly a dvd production error?

You're using the original exe and it's been legally activated online presumably so I shouldn't see why, it's possible the firmware of your DVD drive needed updating, it's a similar problem reported over many years and the solution is usually copy the install files to the HDD then install from there, which is essentially what you did except with the extra (and unnecessary) layer of creating an actual image on the HDD :)

I had to put in the key number before it installed, was that the online activation?

No that was simply the installer, the first time you run the game's exe it may ask you to activate with securom (this varies from version to version though).

No that was simply the installer, the first time you run the game's exe it may ask you to activate with securom (this varies from version to version though).

I bought the Arma 2 combined operations with Arrowhead. It installed at v1.06 or 1.6. Sorry to keep asking questions but is there a way to initiate that securom thing? My friend installed some mods on his game and that caused problems with the Fade copy right system after like 10 hours. I want to make sure that doesn't happen since I installed from an iso.

Installing mods doesn't cause fade.

I asked him, I guess it was a not-so-legal copy. Even though mine IS a store-bought legal copy, I guess I'm just nervous that having to make an iso image and installing it that way will make it think its a pirated copy and cause issues 10-15 hours into the game.

Have you tried updating you Optical Drives Firmware incase it has problems with the Game. I know I have issues like this before when Arma first came out some DVD Drives would not let it install replacing the drive or updating the firmware fixed it

I will try that tomorrow. Thanks alot.

This is off-subject but 1.07 is the most current patch, right? I keep seeing things for 1.08.

I've already tried to copy the whole DVD to HDD, and the copy itself successfully completed without slowdown of the drive or any warnings.

Unfortunately I still got the same CRC error at the same file (anim.pbo as I can recall) during setup from the HDD, so it seems that the file is defective on the DVD. :(

I said to upgrade the firmware in my first reply :)

1.07 is the latest version of A2 yes.