Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

OA Campaign: 05 Open Seasons - suddenly ends ("failed")

One of the best air missions I played so far. But for me it suddenly ended and said that the mission was failed. :mad:

After destroying the convoy (optional objective) I took the ULB and went into the red bubble destroying AA positions and suddenly the mission ended saying that it was failed (debriefing). Huuhh??

I was flying with the ULB in the west section of the red bubble when this happened. No idea what happened.

I don't remember what the debriefing said but it definitely wasn't the case. Nothing happened, the Apache wasn't destroyed (at least I believe it), anything.

Any idea? Or did anyone experience this too?

Edited by Undeceived

Have you at least one ULB alive? , because i played this mission and no problem finished

Yes, even both ULBs were alive (I was using one atm). Not a scratch on them...

It has happened also to me when I returned to base to rearm Apache. Mission failed without apparent reason. ULB was still intact, I'm sure.

Just happened to me. I had finished clearing the AAA sites and moved my ULB down to the northern edge of the defensive line. I then took my Apache down from altitude and as soon as I reached the defensive line 'mission failed'.

I got this once after several minutes of being stuck at the part of the mission where you are to attack the defenses. Restarted and is now again stuck at that part.

Anyone knows what to do here?

How do you make the ULB move anyway. I can get it to go up and down and left and right but i'm using the controls which it says you use but I can't go forwards of backwards or roll

You move the ulb by opening the map and clicking where you want it to go. The only thing you can control as the ulb is the height using w and s I believe.

I think the reason the mission fails is because either you or the ulb gets shot down or enters an area before the aa is destroyed. Or possibly some other aircraft on blufor side may get shot down. Not sure. doesn't really make sense.

This might be stupid question but can you see the ammo level of your apache when you are pilot? I only see which weapon is being used. I don't see an ammo count. only in the ulb can i see how many hellfires i have. Or 3rd person view

Mhh strange. I destroyed the convoy and some AA positions. When I returned to rearm I turned the engine off by accident - mission complete even though I didn't destroy all AAs

Is there any way to enforce a completion off the mission? I just can't get it to work seemingly.

can you see the ammo level of your apache when you are pilot?

You have to switch to manual fire. :cool:

This same thing happened to me aswell. I think it's because we are "taking too long".

You can try to return to the base and turn the engine off once landed.

Or you can use the endmission cheat. Press LSHIFT+NUMPAD Minus, type in endmission and press enter.

Yeah, endmission.

I used it for the high-command mission. There is waay too little infantry fighting in this campaign, too much armour. And this high command thing... With the bad pathfinding... A pain in the ass.

btw - so much stuff went wrong with my "open seasons" mission, i had to replay it at least 7 times. :D

Mhh strange. I destroyed the convoy and some AA positions. When I returned to rearm I turned the engine off by accident - mission complete even though I didn't destroy all AAs

lol :D This mission seems to need some overhaul. :)

Is there any way to enforce a completion off the mission? I just can't get it to work seemingly.

Yes.

Press LeftShift and - (NUMPAD) together.

After that type in: endmission

Unfortunately I had to use it too... :(

Edit: Too slow. :)

It has happened also to me when I returned to base to rearm Apache. Mission failed without apparent reason. ULB was still intact, I'm sure.

Same. I ran out of Hellfire so I went back to base to rearm, screen blacks out and it comes up with mission failed.

Either this is a bug or you are not allowed to rearm at all. :butbut:

I fail this mission if I take to much time to finish it.

I manage to finish it by rearming so rearming its not an issue. Also I switch off the engines and that didn't fail the mission. Awesome mission by the way.

I'm pretty certain that it is because of the ULB dying, this happened to me after spending about an hour on the mission, i looked at statistics and in the my casualties section UAV comes up, suggesting that it was destroyed.

One way of passing the mission is to get your engine disabled and successfully crash land. the level ends saying that you have been captured and when you go into the mission select you are able to proceed to the next level.

Also if you want to see your ammunition in the apache, look in the bottom right hand corner of the pilots HUD and it will state the ammo type and count. the engine needs to be on when you do this.

You guys should try getting shot down in this mission and crash landing... it makes the next mission a bit more fun.

Yup, this mission fails if u take too long time.

Has multiple endings:

1. All targets destroyed, original mission completed

2. Some targets destroyed, landing

3. getting shot & successful crash landing

4. getting shot & bailing out

as other posters mentioned 3 & 4 change next mission a bit:

As the pilot gets captured, in next mission will be alternative mission to find & rescue said pilot :)

Maybe there are more successful outcomes these r all i know about so far, I got shot down really soon on my first campaign play-through, so mission ended without me destorying anything in just few minutes :)

At my current try, i destroyed lots of enemy AFV, but ran out of time :(

Probably will have to restart mission completly (again).

The mission has about a 45 minute timer. I think all the campaign missions are timed which ruin them for me. Fortunately, you can change the time to 999999 or whatever in the mission's mission.fsm file. Search for "time" or "length" and you will find a spot that says "_time" or "time" + a number. Change this to whatever you feel like.

In addition to this, it's really fun to play as people your not "supposed to" such as tank commander of the convoy instead.

In this mission I did not use the ULB - only the AH-64 Apache and the support trucks at the base. Destroyed all targets incl. optional convoy.

Guess that some people need more practice and put back their hit-and-run (or rush) shooter tactics. Anyway I have to see what happens if I'm doing something fully or partly wrong...:D

I was wondering if going back to rearm after you get the destroy AA task triggers the fail, but from the above discussion, it looks like the mission has a time limit. Messing around with the ULB burns up a lot of time, I'll just try taking out the AA with the Apache only and see how I do.

I passed it but destroying all the AA. When I landed it said I passed. But it acted if I had been captured because I am later asked to save him.....

Stange thing (bug?) : I managed to play the mission from start to finish (GREAT MISSION !) but in the next one (From Hell) I'm asked to save Gary Pierce (Me as the Apache Pilote...). I did crash once or twice in earlier attempts, but not in the last one.

Stange thing (bug?) : I managed to play the mission from start to finish (GREAT MISSION !) but in the next one (From Hell) I'm asked to save Gary Pierce (Me as the Apache Pilote...). I did crash once or twice in earlier attempts, but not in the last one.

Just pretend he went back out on another mission and got shot down. I feel bad for his gunner though.