Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Using backpacks/rucksacks

I ran a quick search on the forums and turned up no desirable results. How do you use the packs in OA? I can't freakin' figure it out and I'm sure it's very simple. Thanks.

There's a tab at the bottom of the screen to open it. This will then show what items are in the pack.

Can you put a handgun in the packs or...

When you open a pack when in a ammobox/other weapon source, you will see how many slots there are when opening the backpack

Is there a way to drop items from the backpack without transfering them to your inventory?

Some large bags can carry a weapon, but most of small bags can not.

Magazines in backpack takes the same number of slots as in gear, hand guns takes 5 slot, rifles takes 10 slots.

Number of slot for backpack can be found in gear (when bag is opened) above listbox - "name of backpack (empty space/total space)"

Does carrying a pack make stamina decrease?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

So I'm still having some troubles using this correctly. :banghead:

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I cant use the M2 bags, i place a M2 bag and a M2 Tripod bag on the groun i can pick them up but thats it, no actions to depoly or anything dunno whats going on there, when i pick a normal backpack off the ground too it cant be opened.

The backpacks i have seen to work are the units in the edtior who are called (backpacks)

OK GUYS! what i did worked! get the M2minitripod rucksack on your back and drop the TRIPOD bag somewhere on the ground! then crouch and aim for the TRIPOD bag and scroll a bit untill you see ASSEMBLE M2!!

next problem: HOW CAN YOU DISASSEMBLE it to bags again?

EDIT: when i use the M2 pack and the TRIPOD pack i get a M252 MORTAR!!!!!!! (which i can disassemble)

Edited by BelgarionNL

Issues with bags:

-No way to add bags to ammo boxes in editor

-Can put bags into ammo boxes/cars in game, but then they can't be taken out again

-Unable to pick up bags off the ground half the time

Further to this, there are issues with weapon on back, namely a friend of mine in a game last night experienced that half the time their weapon on back dissapeared; I also found that sometimes a weapon on back will 'take' the ammo with it, and not let you have it back until you take the weapon out again

Also there's no way of telling what you have on back in the gear screen

It really bugs me that a key feature of a commercial product, that I could have access to as part of a modification otherwise for free (and that this feature was built into the game based upon the popularity of said modification) feels like a lacklustre effort at this stage, even to the point of saying that the original implementation is better than the official one. I'm sure with patches that this will be improved upon, but you never get another first impression, and while I understand that this is the nature of most BIS releases, I could imagine other 'fringe' fans being more frustrated by it

OK GUYS! what i did worked! get the M2minitripod rucksack on your back and drop the TRIPOD bag somewhere on the ground! then crouch and aim for the TRIPOD bag and scroll a bit untill you see ASSEMBLE M2!!

next problem: HOW CAN YOU DISASSEMBLE it to bags again?

EDIT: when i use the M2 pack and the TRIPOD pack i get a M252 MORTAR!!!!!!! (which i can disassemble)

i dont even get the option to assemble. :confused:

i dont even get the option to assemble. :confused:

NOT all the units can use em! i tried with SF teamleader who already has a bag!

M2 versions are bugged! try KORD!!!!!!!!!

1). place kord bag and tripod bag somewhere on the ground in the editor

2) pickup one of the bags! doesn't matter which one!

3)look to the remaining bag thats on the ground and use scroll to assemble KORD

Also there's no way of telling what you have on back in the gear screen

Sure there is. Double-click on your bag in the Gear screen, and it shows the contents the same way it shows the contents of an ammo crate.

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 AM ----------

-Unable to pick up bags off the ground half the time

This is more of an issue with the action menu and having to point your crosshairs at the object for the actions to appear. Unless you mean there's a bug where the actions are not there at all.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

-No way to add bags to ammo boxes in editor

-Can put bags into ammo boxes/cars in game, but then they can't be taken out again

Two possibilities. You're not supposed to be able to put them into ammo containers and that's a bug, or not being able to take them out is a bug and lack of commands is an issue.

Make a CIT ticket.

Wich one to use:

OA backpacks or ACE?!?!?!?

Hmmm...Tough question........NOT....

PLEACE PLEACE ACE...Fix their bugs....

OMG...Just realized, im asking a MOD team to fix a DEV teams problems.

That shouldnt happen..

EDIT:

OA, BIG problems USING the backpack, 12 slots??!?!(are u kidding)...

Menu is not logical..Its hard to know what you are doing. In Ace

you take an item and pack/unpack..Open/close...Half the time

i dont know what is going on...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

even to the point of saying that the original implementation is better than the official one.

There was no original implementation. If by original implementation you mean some mod like ACE or something, that doesn't count. This is the first implementation of backpacks as a feature by BIS. It's understandable if it's not perfect.

Place a backpack item and use addWeapon/MagazineCargo:

this addMagazineCargo ["15Rnd_9x19_M9",4]; this addWeaponCargo ["M9",1]

sweet thanks. u know where i can grab a list of items i can add? dont know the names of them off by heart

I'm pretty sure someone already posted a good majority of the OA classnames in the editing section (stickied thread).