Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Drone Training Broken?

When I try to complete the last training mission "UAV Training" all I see is a black screen after selecting either unmanned aircraft for training. If I press 'M' for map all I see is the red map cursor-square, and when I press escape I can see a blurry image if what I SHOULD be seeing. Anybody else have this issue?

Yeah it's still not working a day later. :( EDIT: Sorry for double post, I was tired.

This is already being discussed in the ARMA 2 OA:Bugs thread here.

One of the possible workarounds mentioned is to run the "flush" command in the black screen (press left shift plus keypad -, then type "flush" (without quotation marks). Works some of the time but not all the time.

OK, I have this problem too. Posted a few times but got no response besides a suggestion of reinstalling, witch I still havent done. Going to try the flush thingy.

Same for me: black screen after receiving, but: after hitting enter a few times the drone- view comes up, but its slow- motion like and unplayable. RI didnt change anything, needs to b fixed.

Nope. Will try when i get home. If there in fact is a problem then we have to report it properly. :)

Same for me: black screen after receiving, but: after hitting enter a few times the drone- view comes up, but its slow- motion like and unplayable. RI didnt change anything, needs to b fixed.

I get the same ,Hopefully there will be a fix.

Drone- Training with beta 71900 still broken: after selecting vehicle and pressing space the screen just goes and stays black.

Could someone plz create a ticket, I dunno how:o

I had this problem, I unactivated the expansions I had running in OA, then the boot camp missions worked fine.

The expansions? I tried running with no mods - vanilla - if that's what you mean.

Yeah using expansions/mods in OA caused problems with most of the missions in Boot camp for me. unticking the mods sorted it for me, guessing your having a different problem.

I'm still having the same problem, any fix yet? What's strange is it worked when I did the UAV, but then when it sent me back and I did the ULB, it went to a black screen, then when I restarted it did the same for both.

Sometimes I get the same issue when in a MP game and I have to restart my game AKA the server (I host locally). Here's a screenie I get from the UAV boot camp.

arma2oa2011-02-1007-20-28-41.jpg

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Still an issue for me, sadly. This is on a whole new computer as well, so now I've had this problem on two computers.

Vanilla OA on Steam, so it's been auto-updated to the latest stable version. Happens in Combined Operations as well.