Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

OA multicam reskins - Getting MC right.

I hear ya ^^^ was the same at fort carson ive been in since 97 and the army in a whole has changed alot since then shit i havent heard the word leg in a long time hehhe, we just usually complain about the support battalion thats attached to group.

But hey back on topicish tried out the uniform mod looks great just need the sucker for the campaign the acu's on the delta missions or killing me.:eek:

Tan is more distinctive, anyway. I enlisted 062003 and did not have to experience that whole debacle. Nowadays, I just see a black beret and wish the Leg would get out of Airborneland. Sadly, though, there are far far far too many of those on Bragg now.... :(

But the worst are Legs in Airborne units.

Lol. I was at Bragg when all that crap started with allowing legs to wear maroon berets. It made absolutely no sense and was a slap in the face to those of us that had the stupidity and steel balls to jump from airplanes on a regular basis during all times of the day and night.

I found it funny that after serving in a special forces unit that there was no problem with us support personnel not donning green berets for being in the unit, but they would extend the honor of donning a maroon beret to those that don't even have the guts to be a paratrooper? WTF! The maroon beret is no different than the green beret because it has to be earned. I don't care about legs being in the unit, but don't take away from the tradition and the honor of wearing the maroon beret, it f**king means something to many of us paratroopers.

Make those jokers wear that black beret until they get the balls to jump from planes and make sure that they have the transports ready to pick up our chutes once we pop silk, simple as that.

sweet looks awesome!! oh by the way BI just released a beta patch for OA:yay:

I need feedback on the pattern... Too big, too dark, too crappy?

I think pattern is looking pretty good actually man. I think just a tan helmet and you're good.

That and some Oakley boots hehe. Pattern looks great each uniform is different in real life so thiers realy no right or perfect pattern on the helmet that one looks decent as most of us do our own paint jobs on the guns and helmet. Tan knee pads though would be cool as thats the color of them havent had black ones in ages now

Edited by rcjsniper

;1667764']I need feedback on the pattern... Too big' date=' too dark, too crappy?[/quote']

Apart from some texture weirdness I think it's just perfect.

But isn't this Fox's thread?

Edited by Hedo

Rgr, trying helmet in tan (maybe little darker)... Or I'll try making a snake skin.

@Hedo: Yeah, noticed that too, but I need to redo almost entire texture to fix this...

Pics here \/ when ready...

Edited by Max255[PL]

If you're using photoshop, i'd try tuning up the vibrance setting up just a lil bit more:)

helmets are helmets:) You're doing a good job man

@ebanks: THx, for suggetion, will try that after...

After I'm done with redoing the texture with the new MC samples... Bigggeeer ones...

Previous was assembled from 1kx1k pieces, now I've 3kx2k sample - with same pattern size...

And regarding thread... Yeah, it is Fox's thread, but we kinda cooperate (from today) in some things... And my units fit the thread name, right?

Edited by Max255[PL]

;1667764']I need feedback on the pattern... Too big' date=' too dark, too crappy?[/quote']

Man you guys are working wonders, great job maxx. just iron it out make sure the textures look sharp and crisp and watch texture warping near the shoulders and patches etc

Ok, just finished the "new" texture... Totally redone - changed pattern size, better resolution of MC. Just need to test it ingame and I'll post a pic.

EDIT:

PICS!

arma2oa2010070221513121.th.jpg

arma2oa2010070221511696.th.jpg

And still can't get rid of this:

arma2oa2010070221482133.th.jpg

Edited by Max255[PL]

yep as max said, this is just a thread for MC reskins, for anyone.

U guys are doin a helluva job

Hope we don't gotta wait too long to see these in game!

Looks awesome Bro:eek:

The more and more i look at them the more excited i get out, wonder if Fox will give us a sneak peak at his standard units haha

looks great max, looking forward to them!

@jblack, soon, I'm a bit busy irl.. very busy ... finding the right fireworks for the 4th :D

tuning the cam and ill test it in game in a few.

still not sure about the vest

OVkyi.jpg

if the mc is bad i have no prob redoing the entire mc tex

Edited by Fox '09

looks great max' date=' looking forward to them!

@jblack, soon, I'm a bit busy irl.. very busy ... finding the right fireworks for the 4th :D

tuning the cam and ill test it in game in a few. I'm not sure if i should go with an all tan "IOTV" vest[/quote']

you could just use the texs Max is using and put everything including the IOTV in mutlicam ?

Or is that what you're doing and I just misread

if the mc is bad i have no prob redoing the entire mc tex

While I don't think what you have right now is bad (I'd download them :D), I do think there is a bit too much green in it. The sample pics in post #34 seem to be mostly tan however I suppose the lighting in those pics could make it seem that way.

Yeah, looks better and better...

PS @Fox: Check your PMs

EDIT:

One more pic, different time of day:

arma2oa2010070222530766.th.jpg

Edited by Max255[PL]

Wow guys both of your products have really come a long way, they look great, and fantastic work, thanks!

Fox - I feel like your guys may be closest on target. All I'd recommend is tighten it up and watch the wash out on the textures (thanks to the graphic engine)

Anybody else think in OA the ACU texture is actually closest in game.

i just hate how it washes it around the shoulders

no, the washed out ACU on the shoulders etc are just the texs themselves.

While I don't think what you have right now is bad (I'd download them :D), I do think there is a bit too much green in it. The sample pics in post #34 seem to be mostly tan however I suppose the lighting in those pics could make it seem that way.

ehhh maybe I'm wrong but I think the green is just right Fox, think you're doing great work!