Sign in to follow this  
Fox '09

OA multicam reskins - Getting MC right.

With OA out and in ACU, and beautiful US Army models, I thought it is time someone made some nice looking multicam reskins for them. A few people may be doing this at the same time, but I decided to do it myself anyway.

So here is my reskin an hour or so in,

t1mHi.jpg

lPNr9.jpg

My to do list..

correct pattern size and angle, first would be the groin plate for the medic. (as well as add "bulge" effect to helmet..)

correct camo color contrast etc,

add dirt, wear and tear

ALL multicam*

finish & "OA-ize" configs

I'm looking for feedback on the camo, I'm really working hard to try to get MC to not just look right, but real. I'm looking at a few pictures from various sites.

So, I think the first step would be to make the MC brighter / less contrast-y?

looking at...

http://meroveo.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/future_force_warrior_2007.jpg

oh and , I'd like to thank snake man for holding my hand helping me with configs and all :)

:j:

It´s too dark.

Be aware that the pattern runs horizontally on the cutting sheet.

There´s also scaling issues.

the scaling issues for the helmet, pouches etc? I'll fix those tomorrow (today actually) . Unless you meant the vest/pants, I'll see what I can do.

too dark? okay, I'll make it lighter and post a shot.

Lol why is one of the soldiers playing with a GamePad wtf

I knew someone was gona say something like that, in fact, every time I post that pic that's all i hear back from it :p

edit:

I'm going to combine the nohq and the sdmi / as map to get a better, higher quality base for the MC when I have a chance.

Edited by Fox '09

i can try get a sample off my mc jacket if you want to trial around with it and also see where the pockets and patches are

that would be great crash. As many resources as possible will give me a very good idea of what to fix and adjust :)

edit: i'm off, i changed some stuff on the vest / pants , accessories will be done tomorrow (scale etc)

cZoPi.jpg

c_bI9.jpg

Edited by Fox '09

No, don't change it anymore in term of color, it looks really good that way. The contrast is ok, there are actually meant to be some high contrast areas in the pattern. In the photo that you linked everything looks slightly brownish, but in other photos of MC, it looks like it has a more greenish overall tone. Appearance depends on the environment lighting (which is intended). You skin has green and brown areas like the real thing, so all in all it looks good.

And no, it's not too dark imho. MC is a tad darker than UCP or other desert camos, after all MC is meant to also work in foilaged areas. check http://www.defensetech.org/images/multicam-afghanistan.jpg

Making it "all MC" is ok, but maybe some mixed stuff would look more interesting and maybe more real. In case the whole army is equipped with MC, the units would certainly getting the pants and shirts first, but maybe still use the vest or other parts like the camelbak in UCP or plain coyote brown. Somehow like the transitions through the various other camo patterns in the past.

I could imagine that the soldier is steering a ROV, i.e. one of those mine-clearing robots. Edited by Brainbug

Fox, just leave the colors and release them as they are, they're beautiful. Perfectionists can fiddle around with them for weeks to come if they like.

Plz release for us non-perfectionists ;)

Yes, please... I will be very happy to have them in my editor soon. ^.^

Regarding camo, just like the others said, it's fine as it is. You can always update them if you (or some1) are not satisfied wit the result...

Excellent. Now if somebody could reskin new vehicles and armor which are only in desert camo yet.

okay I'll keep it as it is for now.

Bouben.. you want Humvees in multicam??

Yeah Fox those look good! throw that 4th inf patch on them lol

Edited by ebanks129

xbox360 pad seems to find alot of use amongst uav operators.

This is not there first pic where i´ve seen it. Obviously there´s some freedom of

choice as i´ve also seen pics of Bundeswehr personnel using gamepads & joysticks (Saitek x52 methinks).

thanks ebolax, I was looking for the us army thread :p

edit:

UCP everywhere.. seems most MC i see is with special forces, but it still helps.

Edited by Fox '09

thanks ebolax' date=' I was looking for the us army thread :p

edit:

UCP everywhere.. seems most MC i see is with special forces, but it still helps.[/quote']

Well, officially UCP is still in issue, but multicam is now the OEF camo. And as you can see in that thread there are a lot of guys wearing MC, but with gear in UCP, and and guys in UCP uniforms with MC gear. I don't think they have the issuing bugs ironed out yet maybe? :D

also a couple good reference pics http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?159255-New-Camo-for-Afghan-wha/page50

also on page 52 there are a couple.

Most of the none special forces guys I see wearing that camo are in the north afghan region. 4th infantry, I think 2nd inf, and i think 173rd. from the patches i've seen them wearing. We might not see many pics but of course we see that it is being used by non special forces.

good ref pics ebolax!

Nice fox! Like that you even switched up the vest texture:)

Your pic doesnt work bro.

I like. Alot.

Hey Fox, making the MC dark for OA is okay because the engine always lightens them up in game, remember try to focus on crisp and clear patterns...also remember that you should make everything in MC, don't do the ACU/MC mix of gear, that's not correct

Hey Fox, making the MC dark for OA is okay because the engine always lightens them up in game, remember try to focus on crisp and clear patterns...also remember that you should make everything in MC, don't do the ACU/MC mix of gear, that's not correct

not correct...how?:o