Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

Confirmed Quad Core Support

been running tests for the last few days I am happy to say since 1.07 Dedicated Server runs better then ever utilizing all 4 cores at 3.2ghz usually running at 60-80% Utilization for our Missions. :yay:

No longer is the server chugging along at 20-40% Utilization and the Server is lagging.

Thanks BIS :eek:

Since he was testing for the past few days, I think he´s running Windows because the Linux Files where released only a few hrs ago...:D

Greetz,

I must say that I did a testrun of warfare BE today with the new linux 1.07 71852 and according to top I was running at 150% cpu and ingame still at 50fps so it was looking VERY nice!

Does the windows dedicated server have performance gains as well?

Iv tested on a quad q6600 overclocked and a i7 dedicated server and i dont see server using 40% let alone 80% and server is runing warfare with 32 players.

1 server is using cpucount=4 and one aint and they both using around 30 to 35%

I must say that I did a testrun of warfare BE today with the new linux 1.07 71852 and according to top I was running at 150% cpu and ingame still at 50fps so it was looking VERY nice!

How u get 150% out of 100%? Also how many players was there when u had 50 fps? because on xr server i could get 50 fps easy playing on my own but with 32 players it drops to around 20

How u get 150% out of 100%? Also how many players was there when u had 50 fps? because on xr server i could get 50 fps easy playing on my own but with 32 players it drops to around 20
linux does things differently

Server Specs

Windows Server 2003 Enterprise 32bit SP2 not R2

Quad Core 3.2ghz

8GB DDR2 800

1 80GB Main

1 TB Game Drive

7950GT 512mb PCIE (for open gl functions when not running ofp/arma/arma2 servers)

Havent tested Arma OA yet just Arma 2 1.07 still waiting for OA to arrive

people are still dodging a question asked by a few... does windows get the performance gains as well. I'm running windows server 2003 x64

if you suggesting Quad Core support having performance gains in the Server so far It seems so less blipping AI at distances and etc

I can confirm excellent gains on linux server 1.07, using cpucount=4 and exthreads=7, with Warfare BE 2.059 ACE.

I used to run no more than 200% CPU, and now sometimes see almost 300%.

Also, it used to use no more than 2Gb of mem, and now its using just over 3Gb.

Oh - Running 100% CPU in top = running 100% of /1/ core -- so 300% means its using the capacity of 3 cores - although at any given time, that could be divided over all 4 cores.

Good job on the 1.07 !