Sign in to follow this  
hzatiger

AmmoBox crash

Yes, I can confirm that Beta has solved that. Most of the guys on our server had the issue, but after beta it is gone completely.

Edited by Cato Larsen

Played for 2 days fine and then all of a sudden got it today.

Game freezes as soon as I open an ammo crate in MP (Haven't tested SP)

I can hear people talking over VON but it's stuttered like the system is choking

and the CPU is going up to 100% usage.

Only way out is hitting the reset button.

Yep, seen this too....only certain players, testing now. Thx for the link

Edited by katdogfizzow

Yes, I can confirm that Beta has solved that. Most of the guys on our server had the issue, but after beta it is gone completely.

Beta did not solve the problem for me. It only happens on 1 mission. It is a mission I made but only used the same ammo box as all the others missions I have made. Very weird that it only happens in this one mission. Happens to two other people I play with as well, but others are unaffected.

Been fixed already in beta patch...http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Always a good idea to run the latest beta, you are still able to play online most places!

Tested this latest beta patch, did not work....but community tracker says its fixed? Maybe serverside needs to patch too...not just the player??? Maybe the wrong beta patch he tried? we used this link..hmmm

weird too, only happens on 1 mission out of 15 or so we've made...odd

Edited by katdogfizzow

Beta did not solve the problem for me. It only happens on 1 mission. It is a mission I made but only used the same ammo box as all the others missions I have made. Very weird that it only happens in this one mission. Happens to two other people I play with as well, but others are unaffected.

Are you sure you are actually using the beta (no offense, but I have seen some people installing the beta and then not using the seperate beta shortcut)?

Otherwise, a look at your client/server RTP files might help.

@qwertz

You told me yesterday in the server use the Beta patch. I figured F it, I do not want to go DL that right now, so I just played with the stock loadout. After playing one death, I could all of the sudden access the boxes without crashing.

Everytime I join, and go right to the box, I crash. Wait till 1 death = no crash.

Hahahaha.

@qwertz

You told me yesterday in the server use the Beta patch. I figured F it, I do not want to go DL that right now, so I just played with the stock loadout. After playing one death, I could all of the sudden access the boxes without crashing.

Everytime I join, and go right to the box, I crash. Wait till 1 death = no crash.

Hahahaha.

Lucky you! :) However, I don't think there is a rule to it, it happens quite randomly. Before the beta that fixed it was released, I could sometimes play for days w/o crash, and then all of a sudden would crash every time.