Sign in to follow this  
VyMajoris

OA - Mission 03:Pathfinder - How do I call the UAV?

I'm stuck at this part, where after going down to the crash site, I need to call an UAV to find the captives location.

But how I can call it? I already try going into the IFV Bradley, but I see no option to call the UAV.

Please help...

Thanks...

Go over to one of the Bradley IFV's and press the "Action" button. A "UAV" option should pop up to be selected. I can't recall what one of the 3 Bradley IFV's that are with you it is you need to approach and do this to but it does work.

I'm confused as to what im doing on this level. I got the briefing and afterwards I've got no idea what to do so I ran around the camp trying to find something. I can't talk to anyone, I cant get in any vehicles, nothing.

So I went north, cleared a camp, went further north and cleared that as well. I've taken down 30+... Am I missing something? What am I supposed to do? Do I need to restart the level?

I'm getting kind of low on ammo, I have no idea where to even get some for my 107.

Any help???

Maybe someone can tell me how to get to the crashside. I can't advance because every time I do, the mission ends in failure.

After clearing the pass and the Enemy base in Timurkalay I help those villagers with the militia but then I'm stuck. Only thing I can do is walk or drive around and do nothing :( Maybe I missed something, but I really don't know what.

I didn't have any problems, i just went from objective to objective. First clear the enemy areas in the road, after assault and clear the little resistance strongpoint (the red square), then a cutscene comes and i see "one hour later" where the american establish a support base, then the civ comes and want help, i help them, and after that i went to the crashsite, where some friendly guerrillas talk to me. End of the mission.

It's exactly how you describe it until I helped the Villigers. I kill the militia and then I don't get a new task. I can't leave the support base so I can't end the mission. It's frustrating.

I don't know what it is. I guess the task isn't updated or something.

Pic:

pathfinder9jai.jpg

You can see I saved the civilians, but the other task I marked isn't finished even though FOS Planck is established.

I did it via endmission cheat but if there is a solution I'd be more than happy

Edited by Derbysieger

Thanks was trying how to figure how where the uav was ,,any 1 know how to fire the hellfires from the uav to a target

I think the "Save the convoy" is related to your own bradley vehicles, if i have gone to crash site without the my own bradleys the mission failed with message like, failed to protect the convoy? and warning me that i was too far from the convoy. My solution was to tell Bradleys to regroup.

br.

Dr.Jones

Hello,

I've just completed this mission. At the start after the briefing, you need to walk out of the base and get in the M1A2 tank as commander, which is lined up along the main road with several APCs behind. You then proceed to the objectives and clear out the enemy held areas.

After capturing the town and helping the civilians, I found the tasks yet to be completed didn't automatically become active like they usually do. I simply opened the map, selected tasks, then selected the C-130 objective and made it the active task. If you are using the waypoint HUDs then this should help guide you to your onward objective.

Regards,

James

i to have just finishd this mission (well last night), i was having the same problem with the ABANDONING CONVOY, i finaly figurd out that one of the bradily crews had got out for some reason, once i got them back into the bradly it was all good, completed the mission within 10 mins after that so

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 2 OTHER VEHICLES WITH YOU!!

a total of 3 units should be in the CONVOY ABRAMS, BRADLY and LINEBACKER

ALSO

the UAV is allready called in, you have to GET OUT OF YOUR ABRAMS and GO OVER 2 ONE OF THE BRADLYS, it will have an option, UAV viper 3 (or somthing to that effect!!)

once you click on that option you will be in the uav able to search for the crew

when i did it the crew was in

the far left camp, not the observation post or the millitary post, i cant emember what it was called but it was the one on the far left

hope this helps, i spent about an hour trying to figure out what ws causing it on my game, but once it was fixd it was easy!!

i think its a bug that happnes wen you go to save the vilage - one of the bradly crews gets out, dont know why, maby they need to take a piss

Edited by PSYKO_phoenix
Fixing up units in the convoy

i to have just finishd this mission (well last night), i was having the same problem with the ABANDONING CONVOY, i finaly figurd out that one of the bradily crews had got out for some reason, once i got them back into the bradly it was all good, completed the mission within 10 mins after that so

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 2 BRADLYS WITH YOU!!

a total of 3 units should be in the convoy abrams, bradly and bradly

ALSO

the UAV is allready called in, you have to GET OUT OF YOUR ABRAMS and GO OVER 2 ONE OF THE BRADLYS, it will have an option, UAV viper 3 (or somthing to that effect!!)

once you click on that option you will be in the uav able to search for the crew

when i did it the crew was in

the far left camp, not the observation post or the millitary post, i cant emember what it was called but it was the one on the far left

hope this helps, i spent about an hour trying to figure out what ws causing it on my game, but once it was fixd it was easy!!

i think its a bug that happnes wen you go to save the vilage - one of the bradly crews gets out, dont know why, maby they need to take a piss

Yep i have notice this bug if you try to help the village one of the bradley crews get out . I have try to put them back in but with no luck the bradley just don ' t move and here we go for the crazy " were are you" & "report position " . Please bis fix this quick it is always the same with you're products they are always full of bugs !! that get me mad !:banghead:

Yep i have notice this bug if you try to help the village one of the bradley crews get out . I have try to put them back in but with no luck the bradley just don ' t move and here we go for the crazy " were are you" & "report position " . Please bis fix this quick it is always the same with you're products they are always full of bugs !! that get me mad !:banghead:

Get out of the abrams and use the f keys to select the crew members, and one by one tell them to get in the Bradly (mine were f5 and f6) but you have to be out of the abrams and looking at the empty Bradly

Thx for the tips pskyko i will try that later tonight when i'm back home , i really want to complete this mission !

O problem bro, hope it works for you and also that bi fix up these bugs

This doesn't work for me. I have the latest patch. In my squad there is only one Bradley. None of my units have been destroyed or anything, it's just that I only have a Tusk, a Bradley, and a Linebacker.

If I run around to the back of the Bradley, the only option is to climb inside. If I go to the back at the side, I get the rearm icon, but I can't get the UAV icon to appear no matter what.

Try the linebacker, I was typing from memory didn't reolise that it was a bradly and a linebacker

also check through your comunication history in the map screen, that will tell you were the uav is

Edited by PSYKO_phoenix

Do you only get the UAV if a certain objective is met or did I totally miss something in that mission?

you get it any way, once youve defended the c130 and then gone down to it to look for survivors you get a message from command to tell you what to do, THEY SEND YOU THE UAV you just have to go to the right vehilce to access it, then you serch for the crews location

you get it any way, once youve defended the c130 and then gone down to it to look for survivors you get a message from command to tell you what to do, THEY SEND YOU THE UAV you just have to go to the right vehilce to access it, then you serch for the crews location

Oh, okay. Maybe I didn't get that because I did that after helping the villagers.

Just how do you accomplish helping the villagers? I drove over the spot with my tank, killed 2 bad guys, others surrendered and just stood there... now what?

Drive into the base there are probably more hiding and then it will complete. I've played this twice and neither time did I use a UAV to locate people. The locals who helped defend told me where they were.