Sign in to follow this  
Karimloo

Modding Animations?

Is it possible for every weapon we can use a different animation?

It's possible I think, the Machine Gun Reload is different that the regular rifle load, same for pistols.

I'd have no experience with this, as I don't have a mocap studio, so don't tell me to do it myself.

Possible (most probably) yes.

However very time consuming to do it using public available arma tools.

having a certain animation for a certain weapon is more than possible.

the real issue is that the rtm files (animations) are still TABU subject for most modder around here. Needless to say that documentation, or examples are non-existant. The few that have experienced with those in A1/A2 are Solus-SLX and teacup the latter is pretty busy and left the modding community even before A2

If some docu, or examples or some sort of start point would be available (might be in fact, just that I am not aware of such thing) it open a new door for some of us modders.

BTW:

you don't need a mocap studio to create new animations. Most of the professional software (available on some of the BI community members) such as 3ds Max, Maya, XSI, etc have very complex rigging tools for this very purpose.

While i am able to rig a character in MAX for instance, i have no idea how i could export that to a format (rtm?) that Bi engine would read from..

There is a Maya RTM Tool set in beta stage released by teacup for A1, was unable to make that work as i would have wanted (brief testing on my part though).