Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH wip thread

Not sure if you saw my PM last week Robert, but some TF86 folks (model by Ryujin with a little tweaking by me) have been working on the DDR II as well...

th_danieldefenserail_wip1.jpg

It's currently being unwrapped (hence the goofy textures)

Not sure if you saw my PM last week Robert, but some TF86 folks (model by Ryujin with a little tweaking by me) have been working on the DDR II as well...

It's currently being unwrapped (hence the goofy textures)

Oh , Great!

btw how did you get Ryujin model? I was talking with him 1-2 years ago in Crymod and he is the first guy who actually modeled those RIS II types

He is a member of TF86 and works with us on some projects. The Mk18's being one.

He is a member of TF86 and works with us on some projects. The Mk18's being one.

Ok , i didn't know that

btw did Ryujin continues the work on his weapons?

Edited by RobertHammer

Not that I know of. He only gave me this rail to add the Mk18's you had done that I was updating. Contact me on PM and we can talk about the Mk18's if you'd like.

Edited by ardvarkdb

Hey RobertHammer,

I'm currently working on modeling an HK Mk23, but by no means am I an expert at modeling. I just want to know, do you happen to be working on one (seeing as you've already done USPs)? Because I don't really want to waste my time if you're going to come out with one, since you're much more experienced than me.

Hey RobertHammer,

I'm currently working on modeling an HK Mk23, but by no means am I an expert at modeling. I just want to know, do you happen to be working on one (seeing as you've already done USPs)? Because I don't really want to waste my time if you're going to come out with one, since you're much more experienced than me.

Hmm - you can do own Mk23 , so far i don't plan to add "old" Mk23

Old? What's the "new" Mk23?

I mean the Mk23 is old gun (created in 1990) if you compare with USP Tactical and you can say the USP Tactical is newer Mk23 variant - because they are almost same , just the USP Tactical is few years younger and smaller than original mk23

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/37855-hk-mark23-vs-45-tactical-head-head-comparison.html

Edited by RobertHammer

The Mk23 is actually used by SOCOM, so I don't see how it's 'old' when it first was delivered to SOCOM in 1996.

That's true, although personally I prefer the look and feel of the Mk23. But anyways I'll go ahead and make it then - or at least try.

Edit: Sif - Right. Both pistols were pretty much developed in the same time frame; 1-2 years in terms of weapon development really makes no difference (that is, the USP was "finished" about 2 years after the Mk23). I consider the USP and the Mk23 two completely different pistols, even though they are the same general design.

Edited by pater

The reason they made the USP Tactical was due to some complaints by other SF units that wanted to try it was that it was a little bulky. But it's still deployed, I also want to mention that fourteen years is not old in gun terms. We've still got M79s in stock, M14s, classic M60Ds are still somewhat available, and we've been using the M2 .50 Cal since they were first produced in 1921. Sure there's been modifications and the like to them since they've come out but it's still the same classic design.

The reason they made the USP Tactical was due to some complaints by other SF units that wanted to try it was that it was a little bulky. But it's still deployed, I also want to mention that fourteen years is not old in gun terms. We've still got M79s in stock, M14s, classic M60Ds are still somewhat available, and we've been using the M2 .50 Cal since they were first produced in 1921. Sure there's been modifications and the like to them since they've come out but it's still the same classic design.

Yes , that's true

but with M2 .50 Cal - they wanted to replace it loooong time ago , Army wanted a something lighter to easy to carry etc

The XM312 was really good ,but it had one big issue (for US army) the rate of fire

XM312 is 260 rounds per minute vs M2 HB is 450-635 rounds/min

So now it looks like cancelled and Army keeps the old good M2 HB :p

If it ain't broke why fix it? But as I was saying the Mk23 is actually used, one thing I wish you'd also look into adding is a Glock 21, and a silenced version of that. From what I hear it's actually really good with the .45 ACP.

If it ain't broke why fix it? But as I was saying the Mk23 is actually used, one thing I wish you'd also look into adding is a Glock 21, and a silenced version of that. From what I hear it's actually really good with the .45 ACP.

I don't like those Glocks - the 17 , 18 and 19 types are fine ,but those others no sry

Or i should add the Mk.23 mod.0 :whistle:

NV sniper would be sooo great, is there any chance you will design NV or even NV SD sniper weapons ?

NV sniper would be sooo great, is there any chance you will design NV or even NV SD sniper weapons ?

I like to add some NV variants ,but problem is - i don't have any NV or Thermal scopes :(

Flir is kinda problematic on weapons anyways.

One question, is it possible you release a non custom shooting sound version for your packs?

as it couses problems with other sounds on other non RH weapon varients, as they sound way different

One question, is it possible you release a non custom shooting sound version for your packs?

RH,

I know this was asked before, but figured I'd second the request. Even if it's just a small config file to change the path to the default sounds for your M4s.

I really enjoy your work and addons and want to say thanks, regardless of whether you were to do this, but it would be just "one more thing" that would make your stuff even better.

I don't like those Glocks - the 17 , 18 and 19 types are fine ,but those others no sry

Or i should add the Mk.23 mod.0 :whistle:

Mk23 is nice, sure. But the Glock 21 has a helluva reputation.

so if were talking about pistols now..

why not revive an old goldie and put it in a more modern jacket.

Desert Tan

350px-KimberDesertWarrior.jpg

Normal

KimberDesertWarrior1.jpg

dunno, thought id drop these off ^^ might be a good idea.

I like to add some NV variants ,but problem is - i don't have any NV or Thermal scopes :(

why don't yo utake the BIS one ? they are working perfectly

He meant the model of scope, there are none right now I think. And BIS models are binarized and under license so you can't use them in any way.