Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH wip thread

I'd love to be able to replace all the default M249s with their RH equivalents. The default one doesn't do the MG justice! I have faith that an RH rendition will do, however.

yeah, but my biggest problem with RH weapons that are not in ACE is sounds, as it is retarded when some poeple with M249's have a different sound to the RH one, you can have 2 people with the same gun but completely different sounds.

just open the pbo and change the sound

RH, are you still planning to maybe fix the hand animation for the bullpup weapons (TAR-21) and get them some ACE configs? I'm dying to use them but without fixing the problem (which is in BIS BAF too :() they just look wrong, and without ACE configs they're limited to the dumb vanilla system for determining ballistics. Since they are the same barrel length and same ammunition as the M4A1s/M16A4s (micro/standard variants) you can probably just use the same values ACE uses for those weapons' ballistics?

Oh, and more weapons with NV would be lovely (any weapons, really, though most importantly the commonly used ones like M4A1, HK416, M24 and maybe some appropriate russian weapons), as the game is seriously lacking those right now ;) Any plans on those?

Thanks.

just open the pbo and change the sound

not EVERYONE knows how to do that. and if RH doesnt want to change it then he doesnt have to. its simply a preference request

RH's sounds are just fine, it's just that they're just too loud in comparison to the other sounds in the game (the RH weapons sounds drown out other non-RH weapon sounds), whether it be original or modded.

Edited by Laqueesha

hey RobertHammer, I have found a gun that needs your expert attention (Could Probably fit in the RH M4 pack)

http://thestuntproduction.com/news/wp-content/gallery/weapons-rifles-and-machineguns/xm177e.jpg

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/V/I/VIPTCH-GBB-0004_1_mark.jpg

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/images/xmtactical11.jpg

There is the XM177, possible variants are ironsight, aimpoint 3000, and maybe early ACOG variants, also there is Grenade launchers, and a 20 or 30 round mag.

EDIT: lsp, at the moment eliteness isn't working so I need to find a new D-pbo tool, but that is a good idea.

Edited by Militantsausage

hey RobertHammer, I have found a gun that needs your expert attention (Could Probably fit in the RH M4 pack)

http://thestuntproduction.com/news/wp-content/gallery/weapons-rifles-and-machineguns/xm177e.jpg

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/V/I/VIPTCH-GBB-0004_1_mark.jpg

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/images/xmtactical11.jpg

There is the XM177, possible variants are ironsight, aimpoint 3000, and maybe early ACOG variants, also there is Grenade launchers, and a 20 or 30 round mag.

EDIT: lsp, at the moment eliteness isn't working so I need to find a new D-pbo tool, but that is a good idea.

Yes, i have xm177's ,but atm not in M4 pack - some are in Persian Hammer campaign made by Kiki http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98277

The XM177 would almost be redundant due to the fact the more refined version of it (The now M4) is serviced but I think it could be nice to add for maybe use with more 'Insurgent' type forces or PMCs.

And another SMG would be neat imo :o Can't have too many of them hehe

Well if that was true then the M16A1 is redundant, and the M16A2, but they are there, and Guerilla forces sometimes lack attention in that case.

Well the M16A1 added improved stock, carry holder, forward assist etc. etc. which were large improvements over the M16 the Air Force adopted.

M16A2 was brought in due to the fact all the 'Green' soldiers had no trigger control so they would unload the mag in one trigger pull. Plus other features I can't recall at the moment.

And since the XM177 was a experimental rifle it would be a more or less guerilla gun since it's so out of date.

Not saying it wouldn't be neat to see, just think adding it in with the M4/M16 pack that includes the M4 and M4A1 it wouldn't be that big of an issue. But then again he has the AR-10 (The Grand-Pa of the M16) in there which is fun as hell to use.

But I'm just speaking my two cents though, haha... If he does get around to it (IF he does) I'll use it but personally won't be effected if he didn't since I could give Guerilla's other weapons that are more widely owned by Civ/Guerilla/Insurgent forces. -Shrug-

I know I might have sounded like 'Oh it'd be a bad idea rawr' just saying it'd be a downgraded M4 that no one really owned anymore let alone sells if they're still made. But then again I can't find anything about anyone who still makes'm or sells'm -Shrugs- Lol

I thought the main reason for the M16A2 was the 1:7" heavier barrel that allows firing the newer SS109 rounds (currently standard NATO/US army/USMC 5.56 ammo) which keep their stability and precision for distances longer than 300m? Those rounds can't be fired effectively beyond ~25m in an M16A1's 1:12" barrel.

@SigintArma the main reason I would use it is to give some special forces that aren't as advanced a good spec ops weapon, plus it would be awesome for a black hawk down mission if it was desert camo and had an old aimpoint like the one on the M16A2. Plus I'm pretty sure quite a lot of civilians own it, well at least one of my friends does (although as collectible only cause of Australian gunlaws), they are still a good weapon and were a huge innovation when they were made, a short but still powerful weapon that had a very good range and a small profile and light weight for long range spec ops missions.

-Itches head- Guess you've got a point Militantsausage. Guess I haven't been paying attention to a lot of the smaller countries on either side of the line, western or eastern side that wasn't given weapons from either the AR family or the AK family (Both being the general M16 (Any variant) and AK-47 of any make (Even the countries own "Knock-Off")) or didn't have enough money to purchase them on their own. Haha XD Damn being sleepy ~_~

And Galzohar, it was pretty late when I typed that XD So I left that out. But a lot remember it for introducing the burst fire in the AR group or what ever lol I was just typing what I remembered in my sleepy state XD

in the end it is ultimately what RobertHammer wants to make, addon makers rarely furfill requests 'just for the sake of it' they usually are interested in the topic themselves or they have already been working on it.

I would like ask when around about will go out AA- 12

It will take some more time ,because atm am busy with real life things etc

Dont worry it will be out sometime :p

Have you considered M4A1 with MARS, M4A1 with Meprolight, and Tavor with Meprolight? At least I know you have a model for the MARS from the Tavor :)

mars-top_small.jpg

Meprolight

All 3 configurations get used by various units in IDF. Heck some even still use meprolight sights on CAR-15s with the M16 adpater you can see on the site.

hi robert hammer, i'm using your pack since a long time and i'm still surprised by their quality, i've a question for you , did you are planing to make some "well used" weapon ? i mean, the duct tape on AKs, dust and scratch on ARs

Hello Robert Hammer and all)

I have a question about laser crosshair : In a RH ammunition box have weapons + laser crosshair visible by day ?)

I found only one gun (qsz92_laser) old PLA mod :( your arms have laser? West or East or ....

(sorry for bad english) Thanks for any answers and links for download weapons+laser crosshair!)

f3d94fdfcae4.jpg

Hello Robert Hammer and all)

I have a question about laser crosshair : In a RH ammunition box have weapons + laser crosshair visible by day ?)

I found only one gun (qsz92_laser) old PLA mod :( your arms have laser? West or East or ....

(sorry for bad english) Thanks for any answers and links for download weapons+laser crosshair!)

No i dont have any visible laser yet - maybe in the future i will add something

hi robert hammer, i'm using your pack since a long time and i'm still surprised by their quality, i've a question for you , did you are planing to make some "well used" weapon ? i mean, the duct tape on AKs, dust and scratch on ARs

i would love to see this aswell!

gives it a nice new touch of immersion and realism

Hows the M240B pack going?

All I know is that there is an M240B and M240L in ACE, would they have come from the RH weapons? or are they different?