Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH wip thread

What do you want me to ask him?

If he have the BIS M24 hand anim unbinarized one and if yes i like to borrow me that anim

Alright, next time he comes online I will ask him then PM you. :)

I got bored again and tryed to make Hk416 desert style camo

hk416dc.th.jpg

click for better pic

what do you think? is it good?

I like it.

Yeah that's all I really have to say this early in the morning lol.

I got bored again and tryed to make Hk416 desert style camo

hk416dc.th.jpg

click for better pic

Looks like a nice start, light first coat of khaki Krylon or Duracoat, going to follow up and add some OD Green, or use some foliage templates? If not, you could give it some aging or place additional worn layers to give it some extra character. Areas that tend to wear first, like the stock-to-cheek weld, fire selector switch, right side of the forward assist & brass deflector, left and right hand exterior sides of the charging handle, bolt release, flare/lip of the mag well, etc. For reference, I was impressed with your attention to detail with your desert camoed MK18s, worn areas such as the EOTechs protective hood. But I'd be happy with it as is, to add to my Tier-1 kits.

Looks a bit too dark and textured to me, paint would be like soft tiger striping with chipping/damage, can send along a texture/brush example after work later

Colour wise the gist of my research is people generally go for a really light tone, half way between yours and like off-White ash sort of colour, darker looks more like a plastic moulding that colour

Thx guys - btw the desert camo on Mk18's made by Sabre , maybe i should ask him about to make the camo for Hk416's too :p

YES!

Wish you'd get bored more often ;)

I think it looks awesome RH, its pretty realistic looking as if somebody just dusted their weapon with a little paint. However, I don't think anybody that was going to paint their weapon is going to just put a light amount of spray on it like that. I've seen one of my sniper buddys use a dusting technique similar to what effect you got there on that weapon, but it was over the top of a full base coat of a different color. Made a nice blending between colors that really broke up the outline of the gun.

The pictures that ei8ght posted, if you look closely, there is actually a good coat of the base tan, and then some striping in green on those weapons. The only bits that are black are mostly where the paint has worn/chipped off from wear and tear. so thats not really the same look as what you've got there.

My humble recommendation would be to go thicker with the paint, and then chip it up a bunch, and add some stripes or dusting of a different color. Oh and troops deployed to lingor would probably use a little green on theirs ;)

th_arma2oa2011-01-1314-51-00-37.jpg

Click for larger.

I did this, will send it to you if you want it. Didn't do any of the attachments, there should be most of them in the Mk18 stuff already anyway?

Sabre - you did alot better work on that camo ;) btw if you have some more time - you could reskin the newest acog (from M4 or Mgswp pack) , the hk416 aimpoint and the hk416 front sight /the smaller Hk416 uses it/ too

btw big thx for those skins :)

Edited by RobertHammer

You ever think of making a suppressed variant of the M40's you ported?

You ever think of making a suppressed variant of the M40's you ported?

Hmm maybe later - must find out which silencer are M40 using :)

Hmm maybe later - must find out which silencer are M40 using :)

Unsure on what operators are using in the field now, but some manufacturers of 7.62 cans that come to mind are:

http://www.advanced-armament.com/

http://www.gem-tech.com/store/pc/HVT-QD-10p90.htm

http://www.surefire.com/FA762K-Suppressor

http://www.silencertests.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24884

Mic position one meter to left of muzzle. A-weighted.

M1A: Factory Flash Hider, 168.2 dB

AAC 762SD, 138.3 dB, +.8 dB FRP, 29.9 dB NSR

Surefire FA762K, 140.7 dB - +4.5 dB FRP, 27.5 dB NSR

Rem 700, 19.5" M80 ammo, 167.4 dB.

AAC 762SD, 139.2dB, 28.2dB NSR -- $28 per dB.

Surefire FA762K, 144.7dB, 22.7dB NSR -- $79 per dB.

At Ear, Rem 700 18" M80 ammo, A-weighted:

AAC 762SD, 133.0 dB

Surefire FA762SS, 135.0 dB

Surefire FA762K, 135.7 dB

Edited by XDMerciless

Robert Hammer, wold you consider replacing the old type peqs with the new tan ones in your MK18packs?

Great, Camo HK416's........... Love these rifles and shows theirs more to come for the HK416 pack.............

Nice work RH.

Not a big fan of camo'd rifles as I prefer woodland missions and tan in hand makes units stand out, but those do look sweet! Just please tell me you'll leave some rifles pure blued?

Not a big fan of camo'd rifles as I prefer woodland missions and tan in hand makes units stand out, but those do look sweet! Just please tell me you'll leave some rifles pure blued?

There will be normal ones without camo and desert camo ;)

---------- Post added at 12:35 ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 ----------

Robert Hammer, wold you consider replacing the old type peqs with the new tan ones in your MK18packs?

I like to ,but i liked to see it on Mk18 mod 1 - just missing the modern RIS II part :(

something like this

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Daniel%20Defense%20II/IMG_1919%201028%20WEVO.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer