Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH wip thread

Now why would you want to paste a western developed TI scope that is only availible to the US military (?) on a russian weapon when there are other 3th party TI scopes on the (free?) market? Unless it is for US troops...bit unlikely i guess.

Anyway, never loose faith in BIS. Maybe one day...

I don't wanna put TI scope on any other weapon anyway , because it's not needed and not too much realistic

because it's not needed and not too much realistic

Well like said, from a game point of view i guess it would be nice (especially for PvP missions). Not that sure about realistic, it is already hard to find info about russian items, let alone statistics and purchase amounts.

But personally i would find it 'nice' to have a russian/chinees/israelish/whatever counterpart. But it's a fact it wouldn't be realistic if it was in the hand of low budget armys...

Shame is - i can't use that Peq-15 or those other things like optics from OA :(

Edited by RobertHammer

See my post here. It even includes possible positive news for guys like you.

What i'm trying to say aswell is between the time of making and release the world didn't stopped spinning and new/better things became declassified.

Like no need for an an/peq15 model if you know there is an/peq16 model beeing used (by certain guys). It houses everything what the peq15 had + it has a build in (normal) light, so THE combo now possible in OA. Performence wish it is also better as it doesn't require an additional standalone flashlight anymore (although i loved my surefire M900 :d ).

Same for the TI sights. Although the current set of TWS sights are the ones beeing issued (beside the other brend), i personally think clip-on sights like the an-pvs26 would be better (not that restricting in first person view) compaired to the general issued TWS sights.

Just saying there is an unlimited range of newer/simular items out there ready to be made by somebody with time.

*I might be wrong on the an/pvs-26/27 (but at least there are TI clip-on sights that can be used with or without scopes).

The joy of making Western weapons and items, once you are almost done with one piece there is already a new piece.

Please don't take it personally, but don't always count on copy/past work.

As a mather of fact, small item like sights etc are ideal objects to make if you relative new to scratch modeling.

Again, sorry if i'm mistaken regarding your skills (i still have some leftover rage after you released 'your' CASV while mine was nearly done but on hold due to other commitments :p ).

Keep up the work :)

Edited by DaSquade

See my post here. It even includes possible positive news for guys like you.

What i'm trying to say aswell is between the time of making and release the world didn't stopped spinning and new/better things became declassified.

Like no need for an an/peq15 model if you know there is an/peq16 model beeing used (by certain guys). It houses everything what the peq15 had + it has a build in (normal) light, so THE combo now possible in OA. Performence wish it is also better as it doesn't require an additional standalone flashlight anymore (although i loved my surefire M900 :d ).

Same for the TI sights. Although the current set of TWS sights are the ones beeing issued (beside the other brend), i personally think clip-on sights like the an-pvs26 would be better (not that restricting in first person view) compaired to the general issued TWS sights.

Just saying there is an unlimited range of newer/simular items out there ready to be made by somebody with time.

*I might be wrong on the an/pvs-26/27 (but at least there are TI clip-on sights that can be used with or without scopes).

The joy of making Western weapons and items, once you are almost done with one piece there is already a new piece.

Please don't take it personally, but don't always count on copy/past work.

As a mather of fact, small item like sights etc are ideal objects to make if you relative new to scratch modeling.

Again, sorry if i'm mistaken regarding your skills (i still have some leftover rage after you released 'your' CASV while mine was nearly done but on hold due to other commitments :p ).

Keep up the work :)

You could finish those models , they are very nice mate :)

btw that peq-16 in arma oa , we can't use flashlight and laser together - we must choose only one :(

btw2 i have seen that magpul texture from ace mod and there was this and i was thinking where is that nice vltor :p

Edited by RobertHammer

we must choose only one

Hm, is that officially confirmed or properly tested yet?

The laser in OA is the peq-15 nor is there a laser/flashlight combo variant. As i'm no code master i don't know if it is possible to have the two in one. Something tells me it can (judging by the memory lods and cfg). Maybe it just isn't possible and also it isn't seperatly key defined. Would be a shame if that was overlooked.

Thanks about CASV/VLTOR comments, sadly economic crisis is over here and need to work flatout. Don't even have time for other **** work, let alone communty work. I wish it was otherwise.

Hm, is that officially confirmed or properly tested yet?

The laser in OA is the peq-15 nor is there a laser/flashlight combo variant. As i'm no code master i don't know if it is possible to have the two in one. Something tells me it can (judging by the memory lods and cfg). Maybe it just isn't possible and also it isn't seperatly key defined. Would be a shame if that was overlooked.

Thanks about CASV/VLTOR comments, sadly economic crisis is over here and need to work flatout. Don't even have time for other **** work, let alone communty work. I wish it was otherwise.

Dunno if it can or no , but something tells me it could work together - small problem is the key "L" is using both (laser and the flash)

btw good luck with your projects

Wondering if maybe in the future some of the later versions of the AK you included may get some silenced versions? It'd be neat to see a few.

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

Hi, I was wondering if the sounds you use for your weapon packs can be found in a soundpack, so that all of my M4's, AK's and others will sound the same when I add your awesome weapons into the mix with the stock ones for some of my missions.

Also, I personally like your sounds better than stock, but if there is no easy way to do that, is there an easy way to make your weapons use stock sounds so they'll blend in better with the original guns?

Can't wait for the new M-14 pack!

Hi, I was wondering if the sounds you use for your weapon packs can be found in a soundpack, so that all of my M4's, AK's and others will sound the same when I add your awesome weapons into the mix with the stock ones for some of my missions.

Also, I personally like your sounds better than stock, but if there is no easy way to do that, is there an easy way to make your weapons use stock sounds so they'll blend in better with the original guns?

Can't wait for the new M-14 pack!

Sry i won't do that to allow custom sounds ,but you can do easy small config to do that

About m14 pack - first version is done - release someday next week

@RobertHammer

Definatly a keep! Great to see some of your work again Robert, i have missed your beautiful weapons ;) Keep it up!

Edited by Nakk3N

You considered a sniper pack RH? I think we need some more sniper weapons outside of ACE.

Hey Robert, have you considered doing any F2000 series weapons? Both bog-standard ones with the "default" F2000 scope, and railed versions that would allow for Aimpoints/Eotechs/ACOG's etc? Perhaps with suppressed variants and variants with the F2000 EGLM Grenade Launcher as well if available.

Thanks.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask in, but I was wondering if Mr. Hammer will be updating the M4/M16 and AK packs etc. to include some OA-style night/thermal sights and CQB secondary sights as well?

O yeah, and possibly make regular scopes unusable w/ nvgoggles?

I'd like to know this too, and I think this is the place for such question :)

There will be no night/thermal sights and just few guns will have CQB sights

I have seen soldiers wearing NVG and using Acogs or Sniper Scopes with no problem

There will be no night/thermal sights and just few guns will have CQB sights

Aww shucks...

I have seen soldiers wearing NVG and using Acogs or Sniper Scopes with no problem

You mean in RL? I know they can in-game with the older Arma2 weapons, but I was told this is not realistic, and that is why it was changed for OA. Not sure though. Never worn nvgoogles. :o

With real NV you can't aim ironsights either, and only certain types of NVGs and certain types of aimpoints/eotechs can be used for aiming. The ones we have in the game have a single lense in the center of the forehead which makes it (at the very least) quite un-natural to aim down the sights.

Usually acogs/sniper scopes would be backed up by an NVG that is attached to the rifle so that you can actually see with NV the same thing you would see during the day, and again, only if the scope is actually designed to work with it.

With real NV you can't aim ironsights either, and only certain types of NVGs and certain types of aimpoints/eotechs can be used for aiming. The ones we have in the game have a single lense in the center of the forehead which makes it (at the very least) quite un-natural to aim down the sights.

Usually acogs/sniper scopes would be backed up by an NVG that is attached to the rifle so that you can actually see with NV the same thing you would see during the day, and again, only if the scope is actually designed to work with it.

We don't even try to shoot while aiming down the sights with an AN/PVS-14 monocular night vision. You wont even come close to hitting crap, its unnatural, and pointless. That is why we have the AN/PEQ-2/4/15 laser aiming devices. Just point the laser and shoot. Since the AN/PVS 14 is a single tupe (rather than the AN/PVS-7 used in game that takes up both eyes, so in game this isn't true) you can aim with your right eye, and have the NVG on your left eye (assuming you're right handed). And yes, you'll use an NVG scope mounted behind your acog, eotech, or aimpoint if you need too. But you wont try and aim through weapon sights/scope with goggles.

what about an rpg pack later :D like rpg 7/9 with scopes like this ^^ :D rpg-7.jpg

We don't even try to shoot while aiming down the sights with an AN/PVS-14 monocular night vision. You wont even come close to hitting crap, its unnatural, and pointless. That is why we have the AN/PEQ-2/4/15 laser aiming devices. Just point the laser and shoot. Since the AN/PVS 14 is a single tupe (rather than the AN/PVS-7 used in game that takes up both eyes, so in game this isn't true) you can aim with your right eye, and have the NVG on your left eye (assuming you're right handed). And yes, you'll use an NVG scope mounted behind your acog, eotech, or aimpoint if you need too. But you wont try and aim through weapon sights/scope with goggles.

That was exactly the point I was trying to make. Currently (in-game) lasers are useless unless you have a big-ass scope on the weapon with no CQB sights, while IRL you'd use laser pretty much exclusively, at least with the AN/PVS-14.

Also, ACE already has nice scoped RPG-7s.