Sign in to follow this  
Spandaueren

How do you control the ULB [OA]

So I'm playing through the Operation Arrowhead campaign right now and I've got a problem:

I can't control the ULB beyond altering the elevation.

If I was suicidal I would just try let the dude with the horrible accent handle the AA with the m230 but I want to figure out how to dispatch of the emplacements with the hellfire missiles.

Edit: I Figured it out by playing the boot camp mission.

Edited by Spandaueren

He's talking about the unmanned little bird in relation to the Apache.

The OP didn't mention how to move the ULB, here it is:

Open the Map and just left click the position where you want it to go.

I know that many people never read the manual so I suggest at least to play training missions before you start campaign.

I know that many people never read the manual so I suggest at least to play training missions before you start campaign.

Thats like reading the instructions when you get a new DVD player, never gonna happen!!!! :yay:

Use the map and click somewhere to make a checkpoint for the ULB

You have to use map clicking to go somewhere

Ingame click:

Q to go higher

Z to go lower

Mouse click to start laser

Action menu(scroll wheel) to command fire for apache or something

try doing the Tutorial

also N to switch thermal vision and normal

X/C keys do turn the Littlebird around vertical axis. (check how the view turns on game radar)

X/C keys do turn the Littlebird around vertical axis. (check how the view turns on game radar)

It's a noticably using setDir though. :p Perhaps you could at least make it a little smoother (slower/smaller angles).

I read the damn manual but it doesn't help. It says nothing about setting a WP via the map before you attempt to control the LBs movement.

Don't assume all of us that can't figure out how to work it didn't read the manual. It helps when the manual correctly describes what needs to be done.

I read the damn manual but it doesn't help. It says nothing about setting a WP via the map before you attempt to control the LBs movement.

Don't assume all of us that can't figure out how to work it didn't read the manual. It helps when the manual correctly describes what needs to be done.

Use the training missions...

Use the training missions...

Indeed, thats why they are there. You can't and are not supposed to learn everything from the manual you know? :j:

I thought the training mission for the ULB was broken? I believe I have seen it mentioned here somewhere.

o, we don`t REALLY control the UAV, just set waypoints and hope we can shoot at some enemy as we kinda ride along said waypoints lines?

Am setting a WP on map but my ULB keepflying around in same place , any idea what the problem?

Try moving the waypoint, then wait until it reaches that one before setting it back to your desired position.

I didn't know about the Q/Z height controls. Which actual control is used Seagull Up/down or Increase Thrust / Decrease Thrust?

Ouch about setDir being used... you'd think that BIS would know better.

To move the ULB, simply press M to open your map.

Then make a mouse click on the map to mark a waypoint for the ULB, hold Ctrl while clicking and you can place multiple waypoints.

Q - Up

Z - Down

X - Rotate Left

C - Rotate Right

Is there any way to select a different hellfire launch profile? If I stay low in the mission, missiles always slam into the mountainside, if I pop up the AA kills me.

Hellfires always fly straight ahead, shouldn't you be able to set them up so they fly up and strike from above?

Is there any way to select a different hellfire launch profile? If I stay low in the mission, missiles always slam into the mountainside, if I pop up the AA kills me.

Hellfires always fly straight ahead, shouldn't you be able to set them up so they fly up and strike from above?

I had this problem, I ended up moving my Apache about 4km away from the target and raising the altitude so it (the Hellfire) would go over the mountain, it seemed to be far enough away from the AA to not get attacked.

This mission is giving me absolute hell.

(but at least I played the boot camp and didn't try to figure out a system with OJT)

I'm having a huge issue with rearming the hellfires. You do the interrput mission to take down the convoy, then by the time you get back to shooting cans on fences, you're out of hellfires (or practically anyway).

Is there a trick to rearming the helos? I can get them to refuel and I can repair them. They won't reload hellfires.

I guess i'm going to have to start the mission over as my next step to see if that will fix it. The auto save point isn't that far into the mission, so it won't be a big loss.

If you expend all of your hellfires there's a possibility they will not be rearmed. This is probably related to the issue with replacing expended magazines (they don't get replaced) when rearming vehicles.

For now the best you can probably do is never use your last hellfire.

I rearm from 0 Hellfires reliably. The ammo truck is a little far away and it helps to hop out and back in, maybe try manual fire (so you, the pilot "owns" the weapon getting replenished).

I had this problem, I ended up moving my Apache about 4km away from the target and raising the altitude so it (the Hellfire) would go over the mountain, it seemed to be far enough away from the AA to not get attacked.

Thanks :) Tried that too and it works. It would have been nice to have high-launching hellfires... maybe in a patch :)