Sign in to follow this  
5133p39

OA campaign, mission 02 - fails on too many cassaulties

I tried it many times, but no matter what i do (well, i run around, trying to kill as many enemies as i can, while protecting my other fellow soldiers), the mission ends because our side got too many cassaulties.

What the hell am i supposed to do????

Is there some "right" way to play this mission?

Perhaps did you skip a red area by mistake? You have to clean every read area, and then the color will change to blue (look at the map). Do first the areas near you, of couse.

hmmm, i didn't noticed any red areas on the map - there is just a waypoint to clear the airfield, then wp to clear the base or village.

Nothing red on my map (the airfield and base markers are red, but no red areas - except red hatched rectangle around the airfield).

edit: and i am still on the airfield, i haven't cleared it yet (i can't get rid of some soldiers who are camping on the controll tower - i can't get there by stairs or ladder because they allways see me first, and grenades dont work properly in the building - they drop trough floor etc.).

Edited by 5133p39

Oh, you were talking about the first mission then (the first mission you can play, the first mission of the campaign is more an intro than a mission).

Well, i didn't have any problems doing it. There are various infantry squads, some tanks and even choppers helping you.

Did you update the game? There is already an upate for OA, and it tweaks some missions.

Throw a few m203 grenades to the control tower, they will be dead when you go up using the stairs.

ahh the joys of unscripted AI, i had my attempt stopped because of too many casualties, but my second attempt i was going strong....until an RPG ( im not kidding) made contact with my face. but as they say, 3rd times the charm

I had similar situation in this mission with friendly casulties. So I charged ahead solo, rambo style, before friendlies even reached enemy positions.

Happened on my first run through. I made it the second time. As for the men in the tower, they can be shot through the windows so I don't know why you're trying to climb the stairs.

I can hit only one men in the tower through the window, the rest of them is prone.

And i used all my M203 grenades, then 4 or 5 frag grenades i found on dead bodies, but they are still there, living and breathing, ready to kill me the moment i show my head to them.

But the ending of the mission bothers me the most.

Looks like i just have to continue trying, maybe complete restart of the mission will help.

Thanks for the tips.

I had same problem initially, just restarted the mission and stormed the airfield, also keep in mind that "some" (not many) soldiers are randomly placed per mission.Tip, immediately after the disembarking, make a brief stoppage and aim at walled fence and snipe the running enemy soldiers, after that storm the airfield.

br.

Dr.Jones

Nothing helps, it is sooooooo frustrating!

I restarted the mission at least 10 times already, and everytime it fails because of too many casaulties.

And few times it didnt take more than 1 minute of playing until the mission ended.

WTF?

I play on Veteran, View distance 2500m.

So, i have to make the enemy totally dumb by lowering their accuracy in options to be able to play?

(i hope i'll never have to meet creator of this mission, because i would have to punch him in the face :-) )

Edited by 5133p39

Well i played on normal. I played this mission 3 times and everytime the results were different, first time i stormed forward on the tarmac, we were sent to hell by a tank round, all died. Second time, only 2 survived to go to village with me, if you are left with only one then game over, that happened to me. Third time it worked like a charm.

br.

Dr.Jones

I altered the difficulty options, so the AI won't die so quickly, and it seems ok now - at least i finally captured the airport and its surroundings.

I just wish i wasn't so stupid and got this idea sooner :-)

I didn't have a problem in this mission. I actually hardly shot anyone at the airfield. I went to go check to see if anyone survived the blackhawk going down at the beginning. By the time I got back only the control tower remained. Then I watched special forces execute a few guys. Then the tent the guys were in exploded and killed the special forces. I don't know exactly what happened there. Not sure if the SF planted a satchel and triggered it too quickly or if the guys were suicide bombers.

Haven't had any problems with that mission. At the airfield I stayed with my team until we were closing on the tower. I shot 1 guy from outside the tower and then went up the stairs and cleared the tower from the prone enemies. I even managed a couple of times to kill the enemy units in the tent before they got blown up by friendlies. Then went on to take the village where a couple of times the mission ended due to taking too much casualties.

Playing on Veteran.

Kind regards

Different every time for me too. Although at the end (Assaulting Jaza town) I am always left with myself and 2 or 3 other units and end up having to rambo the town taking out every single OPFOR unit solo....