Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

Invasion 1944 got oxygen

I don´t know if i should ask this...but what restrictions will that contract impose to the mod team?

I guess they are not allowed to give Oxygen to anybody nor upload it to some site...but of course you can send nice models of yours to mod makers and ask nicely if they can import them wink.gif.

Great Lost Brothers got oxygen now. Wonderign when Desert-Storm will have it smile.gif!!!

Must be nice...

Imagine what could be done if they made Oxygen available to more than just those wanting to sell MODs.

I know we would love to have Oxygen and I am sure our team could put together some really awesome MODs, ADDONs and Missions.

Any ideas who you have to see, pay or be buddies with to get this? heh wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigQEd @ April 22 2002,01:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Imagine what could be done if they made Oxygen available to more than just those wanting to sell MODs.<span id='postcolor'>

Who's selling mods?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ April 21 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don´t know if i should ask this...but what restrictions will that contract impose to the mod team?<span id='postcolor'>

One second though, forget it, dont read this. The below still apply though, both of them actually biggrin.gif

(Yes, they do say that BI Studio doesnt exist, depending on interpretation biggrin.gif)

BI Studio does not exist, never has, I dont know what you are talking about.

-Edit- I havent signed it, hence I havent broken it...

No, not really. I havent signed as I said. And it was me that changed the post, just after it. I do have some integrity after all wow.gif

It wasnt anything that "secret" any way, if Lost brothers havent asked BIS about posting the news to get Oxygen, in theory, they broke the contract... Thats my interpretation anyway. I doubt though that either BIS or LB care since its still a credit to OFP, nor does the public... smile.gif

Enough of this. The contract doesnt exist, neither does BIS, I dont know what you are talking about, no comment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BigQEd @ April 22 2002,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Any ideas who you have to see, pay or be buddies with to get this?<span id='postcolor'>

The conditions and well known for quite a long time now - see this Flashnews thread.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ April 22 2002,10:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MODs + Big Mouths = MODs with no "Air"

*wink*<span id='postcolor'>

MODs + Big Mouths = Screaming good MODs biggrin.gif

I knew it was a bad idea to ask that.. tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

Hey Suma,

Did you sent e-mails to all the MOD teams that sent ya an e-mail asking for Oxygen. Cuz I see that Lost Brothers anD I44 got a reply for that e-mail almost at the same time... I was wondering if there is any others mods that recieved an e-mail....

Thanks

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ April 22 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Suma,

Did you sent e-mails to all the MOD teams that sent ya an e-mail asking for Oxygen. Cuz I see that Lost Brothers anD I44 got a reply for that e-mail almost at the same time... I was wondering if there is any others mods that recieved an e-mail....

Thanks<span id='postcolor'>

Didnt know we had a mail until now... Ciecato must have posted it a few hours ago... It is confirmed... WOHOO!!!!

(not that I get to play with it, but I get to test the sweet sweet sweeeeeeeeeeeeet vehicles.... *GAAAAAAARGHGHGH*)

The I 1944 vehicle models are looking exceptionally good, but i wonder how much will be left when importing them ingame. About the shadow casting; you can also realize this directly on the skin if the engine doesn´t support it...well it won´t be dynamic, but it´s better than no shadow at all, gives the model some depth.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 22 2002,17:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ April 22 2002,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey Suma,

Thanks<span id='postcolor'>

Didnt know we had a mail until now... Ciecato must have posted it a few hours ago... It is confirmed... WOHOO!!!!

(not that I get to play with it, but I get to test the sweet sweet sweeeeeeeeeeeeet vehicles.... *GAAAAAAARGHGHGH*)<span id='postcolor'>

Cool, you will have ur vehicles imported in game confused.gif!! Also will u release some screenshots and l8er, will yo urelease some small vehicles pack confused.gifsmile.gif

Im not sure how anything will be released (small packs, big packs, a large chunk), but I can say that I will personally press for many nice screenshots smile.gif I like screenshots biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 22 2002,19:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im not sure how anything will be released (small packs, big packs, a large chunk), but I can say that I will personally press for many nice screenshots smile.gif I like screenshots biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Great. but first ur team need to make the itnerior of the tanks, before you can use em smile.gif!!

Its going to be at least 12 months before we see anything resembling a mod - at that point I believe OFP is going to be looking a little dated !!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CamperKiller @ April 23 2002,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its going to be at least 12 months before we see anything resembling a mod - at that point I believe OFP is going to be looking a little dated !!<span id='postcolor'>

Keep in mind that we CAN NOT!!! make a total mod like DoD for OFP. It would make OFP unplayable, and ruin the entire fun with it (play on the net, using addons, but not necesarilly). No mod with good sense of planning would be a "total" conversion for instance. It would not work.

At first I thought of I44 as a huge mod, a total conversion in WWII enviroment. But is it fun if it cost us the entire flexibility of OFP? Doubt it. I dont think it will take so long, but that depends on build time of vehicles/men too...

One need to rethink the entire mod idea for OFP.

Personally I would for instance for I44 like to give out "addon packs" instead, like "vehicles", "men", "map" etc, then put it together in the team to an entire campaign (terrain obviously comes last then, together with campaign). But sure, can be made as a whole also. Better feeling, but longer wait...

(NOTE: MY THOUGHTS! THESE DO NOT REFLECT THE I44 TEAM IN ANY WAY! N O T  I N  A N Y  W A Y ! ! ! (besides the fact Im on the team of course biggrin.gif))

-Edit- BIS should think on making a system like HL, a "mod directory", using a shortcut that runs "flashpoint.exe -I44" that then uses the opflash\I44\bin\config.bin and excludes all other addons and the original config... Then the mod idea would work. Otherwise, not.

Id be satisfied with a unit pack that adds a full compliment of WW2 era troops and vehicles, and maybe a few new little tweaks, to give it a fresh feel

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 23 2002,18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS should think on making a system like HL, a "mod directory", using a shortcut that runs "flashpoint.exe -I44" that then uses the opflash\I44\bin\config.bin and excludes all other addons and the original config... Then the mod idea would work. Otherwise, not.<span id='postcolor'>

And is is unlikely this will happen? I mean in the sense of is it difficult to include this type of system in a future update of OFP?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Postduifje @ April 24 2002,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 23 2002,18wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BIS should think on making a system like HL, a "mod directory", using a shortcut that runs "flashpoint.exe -I44" that then uses the opflash\I44\bin\config.bin and excludes all other addons and the original config... Then the mod idea would work. Otherwise, not.<span id='postcolor'>

And is is unlikely this will happen? I mean in the sense of is it difficult to include this type of system in a future update of OFP?<span id='postcolor'>

Or we can alaways do It like Desert-Storm is installed ....

I havent installed that mod. Aint got the time. A short description would help smile.gif

I only know two ways of installing something:

The addon way: Addons cat, fill 'er up, adds on original flashpoint.

The config.cpp way: Add a new config.cpp, screws up your game in MP.