Sign in to follow this  
quakergamer

Invasion 1944 got oxygen

@Dawdler:

So you are saying that if we can get OFP to use the I44 config.bin then it will all work out?

If OFP loads using that config.bin, will it exclude the other addons?

Can OFP load with another config.bin than the original?

The reason I'm asking is that I was thinking about making some sort of MOD commander. You select the MOD you want to play, then you click launch and off you go. If I could get the program to launch with the MOD config.bin, would that work?

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTottE @ April 24 2002,08wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@Dawdler:

So you are saying that if we can get OFP to use the I44 config.bin then it will all work out?

If OFP loads using that config.bin, will it exclude the other addons?

Can OFP load with another config.bin than the original?

The reason I'm asking is that I was thinking about making some sort of MOD commander. You select the MOD you want to play, then you click launch and off you go. If I could get the program to launch with the MOD config.bin, would that work?<span id='postcolor'>

No, I didnt say it would work, I said it would be a nice idea. OFP doesnt support it now.

And it would "kind" of work. It would still mean you are for instance unable to just go into the MP after playing I44 and play an ordinary OFP game. Wouldnt work since the config error messege would go something like "ERROR: User has a FUBAR config!"

Loosing slightly playablility. But using it would mean no messy OFP old units in the editor or anything like that. Pure MOD vehicles and everything (assuming another config cancel all addons).

Using a mod commander for OFP would work something like selecting what addons to have in the folder and what not, right? Wouldnt work anyway for a big MOD, OFP standard things would still be there, even if removing all other addons including BIS OFP addons.

The problem in short: There is no way (that I know of) to simply remove OFP units temporarily when using "that" MOD for the duration of the session.

Oh, wait an idea came up:

Program: When running, choose "I44 MOD", it renames ALL addons in the folder to xxx.xxI (as in Inactive) EXCEPT the I44.pbo, moves config.bin and places the I44 config.cpp there instead, launches OFP. When quiting, one click and its all reverted to normal again.

BUT its a messy way of doing it, would be easier the HL way:

flashpoint.exe -Invasion1944 and then it uses Invasion1944.bin/cpp (meaning one would have like Opvietnam.bin, DesertStorm.bin, Invasion1944.bin, LostBrothers.bin, etc, already in the bin directory, but only the config.bin is used unless you call another config (which then ONLY use an addon name binfile - .bin + .pbo) and Invasion1944.pbo, all other addons are taken out.

So answers to those three question:

Yes, sort of.

No.

Yes, but it would be unplayable with everything else.

-EDIT- I always seem like a mumbling idiot when write this much, sorry biggrin.gif

if there are other mod teams working on WW2 era mods, i think you guys should talk to each other and try to come up with a solution to have a WW2 mod that everyone can have.

AFAIK, there's winter march and I44. each team will make its weapons, and what could mappen is that we end up with 2 messerschimdts from each side. but if both sides talk and agree on a model, then it would be great

@Dawdler:

Ok, I didn't know. That was why I was asking =)

I can see IF (The biggest if there ever was...) I can work something out. According to your suggestion about renaming the addons and all that...

The team has discussed that, but it would be to big...

Cooperation with others would mean more work, and more to hold together, and one is barely holding together as a single team now...

And what is best? Theirs or ours? Maybe we want to have ours, but they want to have theirs? Etc and so on.

But it might work, what do I know, Im only a scripter tounge.gif

All I know is that if it would really need to work, one have to make a single WinterI44 with a single team, or everyone would wander of in their own direction. Which actually isnt a bad idea, one team, two sections. But that is my mind thinking again, and nothing from I44 biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 24 2002,06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I havent installed that mod. Aint got the time. A short description would help smile.gif

I only know two ways of installing something:

The addon way: Addons cat, fill 'er up, adds on original flashpoint.

The config.cpp way: Add a new config.cpp, screws up your game in MP.<span id='postcolor'>

Well u create a new MOds, then a Desert-Storm directory. U copy all ur OFP things in th DEsert-storm directory. U delete what isnt needed (data.pbo, data.3d, all the bins,etc)... and u install it with the exe ...

It works fine for me, we also mnanaged to change the "intro" (u know where it says Bohemia INteracive, COdemasters) and the menu screeN(Mission Editor, etc).

Thats how we did it

I see... Thats actually a quite clever way biggrin.gif

But its not so friendly for users...

But clever indeed... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 24 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see... Thats actually a quite clever way biggrin.gif

But clever indeed... smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, what would be friendlier is an setup.exe file that do this for ya smile.gif. (Copy ofp and delete some files!!wink.gif

Guess that what we will do at our BETA release!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (quakergamer @ April 24 2002,22:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 24 2002,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I see... Thats actually a quite clever way biggrin.gif

But clever indeed... smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehe, what would be friendlier is an setup.exe file that do this for ya smile.gif. (Copy ofp and delete some files!!wink.gif

Guess that what we will do at our BETA release!!<span id='postcolor'>

But is that actually legal?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 25 2002,13:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah I suppose so.<span id='postcolor'>

Guess its legal smile.gif !!

Ah so sorry, youll have to sort it yourself. Click the drop down arrow for showing "Modmakers"

Then you will get the list

Quite alot of people smile.gif

More people == more mods, hopefully biggrin.gif

Why im saying that is because Kingbeast ur a modeller in Wintermarch and im sure u got oxygen wink.gif and ur not on the list...

Welll....i don´t want to disappoint anybody...but eevry person that requires Oxygen even though he presents fantastic 3d models to export etc...would be very difficult to get Oxygen for him.

Kosovo crisis moders have had to sent their profiles and related experience,many responses from BIs are putting off

Although finally i think they are gonna get it

In conclusion....

"2) The tools are useless to vaste majority of people because of the complexity of modeling for Operation Flashpoint. Also, the tools in current stage are still not really polished so there's no purpose giving them to general public without some more documentation and tutorials. This is one the things we hope will be developed in conjuction with various MOD making teams. We believe it's much better way to start with more limited number of users now and extend the availability of tools later to wider audience in right time and right form."

They said it..... so i don´t think many ppl like evisceraor are gonna get the tools.

Even a serious MOd team like Kosovo had difficulties getting them...

One more thing....if Invasion1944 doesn´t still have the tools i believe this is going veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if Invasion1944 doesn´t still have the tools i believe this is going veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow<span id='postcolor'>

Here a one of my posts from the forum:

Image2.jpg

Its the small things that count tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 27 2002,13:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if Invasion1944 doesn´t still have the tools i believe this is going veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slow<span id='postcolor'>

Here a one of my posts from the forum:

Image2.jpg

Its the small things that count tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

U have Oxyegn I44 Im sure of it:). Cant tell you why i msure tough wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 27 2002,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Im sure you are sure biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And im sure you are sure that I am sure that u have it tounge.gif

they look pretty fake. the lighting is all wrong, at least in my opinion.

theyre all black and white, and not clear, like UFO fakes.

oxy gen. i presume an editor to make models for operation flashpoint. here come the endless crap mods from crap modders, like we got in the editing centre. at least when this oxygen or some model editor comes out to the public.