Sign in to follow this  
cashxx

Is OA as buggy as Arma 2 was on launch?

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead?? As buggy as when Arma 2 came out last year about this time??

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on Arma 2:Operation Arrowhead?? As buggy as when Arma 2 came out last year about this time??
Hey give it time OA is a new born baby and it will grow up with time. OA is in no way comparable to ArmAII 1.0 or 1.01.

The whole game is much more advanced as it's foundation is ArmA II 1.0 and 1.07 is already an quite improved version.

OA has a few new and old weaknesses, but im sure they will be gone soon...I encountered no "show stoppers" in 1.52 so far, but had only two hours today to play it.

I've not noticed anything that wasn't already there in v1.07 of Arma 2. You can't even begin to think that it's as buggy as Arma 2 was at release, not a chance.

Well just have a look at the OA 1.53 wishlist...its filling very slowly :rolleyes:

Well just have a look at the OA 1.53 wishlist...its filling very slowly :rolleyes:

Even if it was the 1.99 wish list it would still fill...

i havent encounted any bugs in my 16hr play session i had yesterday. im using the sprocket version aswell which was 1.52. The crazy thing is that my preformance on takistan is even better than on Utes, though i havent tried Chenerus yet.

I just ordered it from Amazon with 1 day shipping for $49. I called my local ebgames and they didn't even have it in there systems. On the site it says July 6th. So hopefully I get it from Amazon on July 1.

no, OA looks and feels very polished, for a BIS game. there are still small bugs you may notice, and then there are some that have always been in BIS games and most likely will never be gotten rid of until a new engine is used.

no big deal. ;)

Hey give it time OA is a new born baby and it will grow up with time. OA is in no way comparable to ArmAII 1.0 or 1.01.

The whole game is much more advanced as it's foundation is ArmA II 1.0 and 1.07 is already an quite improved version.

OA has a few new and old weaknesses, but im sure they will be gone soon...I encountered no "show stoppers" in 1.52 so far, but had only two hours today to play it.

Of course, this information is completely useless to us, unless you define what those "weaknesses" are.

Anyways, the only "bugs" I've encountered so far, are the fact that certain non-english units, (like the Germans), speak British, and that rather few units appear to have complete wound-textures. Also, Team Razor's voices if you play Harvest Red are all fucked up.

I have not yet seen any differences, (for better or worse), in the AI.

Note that I haven't played very much, either. Mostly been messing about in the Editor. I didn't dare try the OA campaign, yet.

Edited by St!gar

The only thing about Operation Arrowhead that is bugging me, is the lame translation of the german publisher Morphicon (again), especially in the editor. I'm about to fix that (again).

There are some minor design issues I've noticed (wheels of CH-47 not moving), but no crashes or blockers.

Performance might be bad in Zargabad but everything else is ok so far.

Anyways, the only "bugs" I've encountered so far, are the fact that certain non-english units, (like the Germans), speak British

That's not a bug, it's simply BIS not having as many different languages as they did in Arma 2 due to how they changed the radio system.

and that rather few units appear to have complete wound-textures.

Now that is a bug, and it's a shame too. Kinda odd how even the UN CDF don't have them yet the CDF in Arma 2 does...

Also, Team Razor's voices if you play Harvest Red are all fucked up.

Heh, that must be interesting. That's again due to the new voices and radio system.

There's a new radio system involved? What's so different about it that it ends up messing up the voices?

As buggy as when Arma 2 came out last year about this time??

Absolutely not. It's in way better shape than when AA was first released.

Also, Team Razor's voices if you play Harvest Red are all fucked up.

Oh comeon, I was wishing to play Harvest Red again with OA (actually, I couldnt finish it the first time - that humongous last mission defeated me).

This really makes me sad, as I got attached to the Razor´s guys voices. :(

This really makes me sad, as I got attached to the Razor´s guys voices.

Just the command-voices, though. ("1. Move to. MAN! At. 12 o' clock.") The cutscene voices are just fine.