Sign in to follow this  
flashbang151

Arma 2 OA 1.53 Suggestions

Single as in one from a rocket pod on one side of the aircraft and none from the other? As far as I know know aircraft in the US inventory fires less than 2 rockets when a pair of launchers are hooked up.

From the pocket handbook for the AH1Z:

The pilot launches the rocket/s by a trigger squeeze, enabling single, pairs, or salvo firing as commanded by the MFD.

Also see near the end of this:

JxsV6pDhdTQ

But, is it needed? Personally I don't think so. Seems more like a desire to save ammo to avoid the rearming trip. Also imagine the complexity when (or, more likely, if) we get multiple warheads to choose from in multiple pods.

Make the AI run betwen covers, and not stand up in battle, unless running.. and enable them to use the interior of buildings at their own will .. and shoot thru windows and then hide.. etc.. and move on ..so they wont be sitting ducks.... and make them lean to the side from behind covers briefly and fire.. maybe its impossible.. i dont have a clue about ai-programming .. but it would for sure be worth a drop in framerate.

I'm talking about O.A now , becuse it has a lot of useful building interiors ,and windows that are never used

Edited by spacemarine

Because most of the stuff has already been said:

In some vehicles (like the M2 landrover) when you are in the car, the weapon sound is muffled like you are inside a closed vehicle (ie. tank), but your not. Need to find out what other vehicles have this problem.

better detection of crawling enemies even without nv googles

Coming from playing E04: Schakal, I'd say the AI really needs some ways to detect you laying on the ground at night (without nv googles). I'm okay that they may pass by you really close as long you don't make any noise. Fine. But if some AI is _standing_ right next to you, there should be a short random delay, and then the AI should detect you. Heck, you might make the AI walk up on you and check your body to see what this is. Play a short kneeling/bending animation and then he should know about you. Maybe even harder.

Laying at/in vegetation such as bushes or higher grass should help staying indetected. But laying in the open, where it's not even that dark (such as tank parking place in E04), should be punished (and E04 should be adapted, after that, hehe).

The best part was, that I felt hunted in E04. One guy followed me, while I crawled around there, plating some bombs.. first I was like cool, he heard something and now searches for me, but then... he refused to detect me.. so I crawled happily away right infront of his eyes. Crawling makes some noise too and he definitely should hear it.

AI should report if their vehicle got stuck

In AOs campaign, mission 03: pathfinder, a Bradley got stuck (flipped over) but didn't report he couldn't move anymore. "Roger that" was the answer to my command to move somewhere else. But it really was a "Negative". (I drove back and could flip him over, phew) The point is: AI that can't move anymore (there is even a function for this) should report so. It would we awesome if they could radio an immediate crash-report (maybe with a bit of drama and oooh nooo we're totally screwed, etc.) but at least they should say "Negative" to a move order if they can't move anymore.

This btw. would be very helpfull in warefare games. How often a vehicle got stuck and I commanded like crazy until I realized that it isn't the flawed driving-skills that takes them so long...

Edited by ruebe
added a second point

Fix 'Request Units' support

I noticed that a blackhawk drops troops with the, "Request Units," support function. Why not use that big, beautiful C-130 to drop instead of a blackhawk? It just seems to make more sense.

More support options in vanilla warfare mode

It would be nice to see more than just artillery. With all of those UAVs, mortars, and other new features, it would be nice to see them implimented in an MP environment without need for the editor.

Impliment backpacks in warfare mode

This is pretty self-explanatory.

Thermal optics

- I know rectangular FOV has been mentioned, but I'll mention it again.

- Allow corpses to cool.

- Thermal imaging devices should detect body heat through some materials and are able to see through most foliage.

Those are all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I can come up with more.

Fix 'Request Units' support

I noticed that a blackhawk drops troops with the, "Request Units," support function. Why not use that big, beautiful C-130 to drop instead of a blackhawk? It just seems to make more sense.

More support options in vanilla warfare mode

It would be nice to see more than just artillery. With all of those UAVs, mortars, and other new features, it would be nice to see them implimented in an MP environment without need for the editor.

Impliment backpacks in warfare mode

This is pretty self-explanatory.

These are ALL MISSION ISSUES. NOT something that is Bohemia's problem. If you want those features, then either edit warfare, or request those features from somebody who makes warfare missions. DON'T request that Bohemia fix something they didn't make.

Thermal Imaging for A2 units. BIS said themselves that they only require "minor tweaks to reflect the new engine additions and improvements in OA (e.g. thermal imaging)."

Vehicles, weapons and soldiers are easy to port as both ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead share the same engine. These addons would only require minor tweaks to reflect the new engine additions and improvements in OA (e.g. thermal imaging). But the fact we have managed to allow the entire ARMA 2 content (which is huge) to run nearly seamlessly in OA already, is perhaps the best indication as to how compatible A2OA is with the original A2 game.

AC-130

HEMTT

This time, we also have plan to release some significant DLC for OA, more details about these plans will be revealed later.

Ill just wait for ACE...

But if you insist:

Change the backpack system to Size and weight

Make a MORE realistic Medical System

Make the AT4 one gun one shot..It is NOT reloadable

Make the possibility to carry secondary weapon on Back

Make the possibility to carry TWO mainweapons

The list goes on and on but you get my drift..

BI is ok for providing the base but the modteams out there are the

once that MAKE the game..IMHO

Add option to have "crosshair" separately for grenades and rifles. Like, different crosshair-options.

What I mean is that when you turn off the crosshairs, you can't really use grenades since you can't aim them at all due to the lack of crosshairs.

You don't have crosshairs in real life, but you do know how to throw a grenade in real life without the crosshairs. In OA you can't.

Also, make ArmA 2 units more compatible with OA units. Like, thermal cameras for T90 for example.

;1674290']

Make the possibility to carry secondary weapon on Back

Make the possibility to carry TWO mainweapons

Big NO!!! Not without means to prevent it. It makes everyone look special forces, and I really hate that when I try to create realistic appearing mission but still be a good guy and give the players some options. It's main "use" for players are to carry a sniper weapon and an assault weapon, making them super players - not having to rely on others for the sniping. So, I think these are quite bad.

Weapon on back can be easily scripted when you want to allow it, other than being invisible.

And BIG YES to two crosshair options; one to cover assault rifles, machineguns, and sniper rifles, and another one for the rest like grenades, pistols, SMGs, vehicle guns etc.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Big NO!!! Not without means to prevent it. It makes everyone look special forces, and I really hate that when I try to create realistic appearing mission but still be a good guy and give the players some options. It's main "use" for players are to carry a sniper weapon and an assault weapon, making them super players - not having to rely on others for the sniping. So, I think these are quite bad.

Weapon on back can be easily scripted when you want to allow it, other than being invisible.

So basicly you say no to Realism..

Its as easy to forbid by script if it as easy to put it there..

So carrying a Sniper plus an MG is SuperPlayer..

But you can do that IRL..

I could carry a PSG90, AK4 and a "Pskott"(AT4) when i did my service..

I even carried a CG and a AK4..

The units in the AT squad carried a CG and a K-Pist..

So basicly the basic Swedish Forces are or were SF...LOL

If you need to do a realistic mission, its as easy to script or "Rank"

(wich is SOO godamn popular btw) the mission..

You could even script ammoboxes so contain what "YOU" need the

players to be able to have..

At this point it isn't about realism anymore. It's all about gameplay. And forcing players to make a decision (mg or sniperrifle) is a good thing, so teamplay is encouraged.

As such I'm all with CarlGustaffa. More AKM vs M16 fights, less Nemesis vs. Terminator. But in the end it's really about the mission, not about the engine. So in the end, we will be stuck with popular Rambo vs. James Bond anyway... no matter what. Carry on.

I would like some more quality SP content such as missions and campaigns. Maybe combine this with the fleshing out of certain factions such as the English and/or the ISAF analogue for Takistan.

I'd pay for a 15 mission campaign that comes bundled with some nice new toys to play with and some minor fixes. 10 to 15 bucks no problemo.

Strykers need to be able to survive at least one RPG hit. Why even put RPG screening on them if they can't?

The Stryker mortar carrier and Scud should be made fully functional, with the ability to aim and launch the weapons.

I would like these too,even if Scud isn't realistic it's better to have the option to use it or not.Although I'm sure it's pretty easy to mod it,I think we had modded working Scuds in every BIS game.

The SCUD is fully functional. It aims properly... straight up. That's how ballistic missiles aim. SCUD minimum range 50km... so well outside the boundaries of the map after being fired from within it.

@Andersson[sWEC]: Full freedom comes with a cost - ruining public gameplay. Join a typical (non organized) ACE Domination public game and follow a random unit around. Remember, ACE increases the freedom from vanilla.

Now ask yourself this: Does what I see look realistic?

In order to attract people for public games, missions need to stay addon free. Everything you ask for can be achieved with addons, which are highly used in closed communities. Look, I agree with your intents and purposes, but you don't seem to understand what it does to public gameplay. It's sad I guess, but the public in general needs to be controlled like this, or you just end up with really really bad gameplay.

MH60Bug.jpg

please fix this bug in the MH60 cockpit. repro: Fly MH60 pitch downward you will see the monitor display leak through its screen. like so

*Bullet hole decals should stay around for longer and not disappear so fast, bullet holes should also contain a Thermal signature.

*IR strobes need to be re-usable

*Seperate post processing effects tab

*In game maps elevation numbers need to be LEGIBLE

*IR laser needs a blob at the tip of the laser and maybe some extra post processing effects for users using HIGH or Very High, it looks wierd to me

*Stryker is beyond useless

ULB hud change to white will be better than green

The SCUD is fully functional. It aims properly... straight up. That's how ballistic missiles aim. SCUD minimum range 50km... so well outside the boundaries of the map after being fired from within it.

Maybe I'm targetting Chernogorsk 51km away in that barren wasteland.:p

@Andersson[sWEC]: Full freedom comes with a cost - ruining public gameplay. Join a typical (non organized) ACE Domination public game and follow a random unit around. Remember, ACE increases the freedom from vanilla.

Now ask yourself this: Does what I see look realistic?

In order to attract people for public games, missions need to stay addon free. Everything you ask for can be achieved with addons, which are highly used in closed communities. Look, I agree with your intents and purposes, but you don't seem to understand what it does to public gameplay. It's sad I guess, but the public in general needs to be controlled like this, or you just end up with really really bad gameplay.

Depends on the intent of the mission maker. Ive played alot of Domi (Ranked)

and seems fine to me..

And you cant say what i want.

And i dont see how almost FULL domi ace server´s can be bad..

And as i said. Its all up to server host. Allow or not. Missionmakers

(good ones) can make the mission to be what he want..Its not the

addonmaker that decides what kind of missions i will make. With

addons comes possibillity, NOT restrictions..