Sign in to follow this  
flashbang151

Arma 2 OA 1.53 Suggestions

just patch up to the latest build that includes ArmA 1 recoil and I'll be a happy man

sorry one more thing, How about a Campaign that is worthy of Cold War Crisis from OFP, I know Arrowhead is a multirole campaign but i still didn't enjoy it as much as i did Cold War Crisis, still seems like Red Harvest, you as the player have to do everything like Red Harvest, slow AI sub-ordinates didn't help either.

A Laser Designator with an IR Beam.

Attached the PEQ IR Beam from the Mk16's and such to the Laser Designator.

Make the beam bolder (brighter), and longer. Make it go about 1km.

A Laser Designator with an IR Beam.

Attached the PEQ IR Beam from the Mk16's and such to the Laser Designator.

Make the beam bolder (brighter), and longer. Make it go about 1km.

Like this one?

They could make the beam a bit bigger in diameter also. ;)

Fix trees and bushes, as it is now they are very low detailed until your 5-10m away from them, it looks terrible and is why i still havent played OA :(

Fix trees and bushes, as it is now they are very low detailed until your 5-10m away from them, it looks terrible and is why i still havent played OA :(

Do you want performance or real looking trees? :D

I prefer performance over real looking bushes and stuff.

Better performance for A2 content: I got 6 and more fps decrease with OA + A2 in benchmark "_TEST_FPS6-Chernogorsk.Chernarus" and performance drops with A2 missions. Just curious what can cause this difference between A2 1.07 and OA 1.52?

Modules ideas

+ Convoy module (vehicles)

+ Ambush module (Infantry, AT, Mine, IED)

+ Medevac module (vehicle, helicopter)

Sights on the weapons from A2 should work like they are working now for OA weapons (NV off when looking through, CQC sights). Make IR lasers work for A2 weapons.

I haven't tested it much yet, but the miniguns on the AH-6J do not have a heat signature after being fired. I think the same is from the cannon on the AH-64.

Also someone on an earlier page mentioned about bullet holes not leaving a heat signature for the thermal sights. I tested that and they do, or at least they do on the surface of the mosque structures while using a mk17 TWS.

Just curious what can cause this difference between A2 1.07 and OA 1.52?

This version is still based around unsuccessful beta for AA2 where there was a 10-20% FPS drop. They fixed it in build 71313, so the next patch should pretty much make it all right.

This version is still based around unsuccessful beta for AA2 where there was a 10-20% FPS drop. They fixed it in build 71313, so the next patch should pretty much make it all right.
I hope so, the performance, especially in Zargabad and small villages is very poor, at least for me..:(

I find this most important:

Before anything else, give us the Russian faction. You really don’t have to do much more than giving the ARMA 2 stuff desert skins as well as adding IR sights to the vehicles as well as a few IR weapons to the infantry. This would make multiplayer much more fun! Right now everyone wants to play US in warfare mode because they are so overpowered.

You should also ad IR stuff to the marine faction. It makes no sense that the Cobra doesn’t have IR.

Right now everyone wants to play US

Before anything else, give us the Russian faction.

Wow! Why don't you buy it like the rest of us? Give us? What a demand...

As for the other things, at least the config parts (maybe not the IR textures and model updates), I expect some to ship out with Arma2 patches. If they add the config value and you don't have OA version of engine, I believe that config value will simply be ignored.

But... Nice...

... don’t have to do much more than ... as well as ... as well as

Kinda enjoyed that one :p

And this one...

It makes no sense that the Cobra doesn’t have IR.

immediately followed by...

Right now everyone wants to play US

Not quite sure how that argument works :D Sorry, couldn't resist :)

Like this one?

They could make the beam a bit bigger in diameter also. ;)

Yes it's exactly what I mean. And, when I mean 'bolder' I mean to increase the IR intensity and increase the diameter.

- Add OA feature support to combined operation arma 2 vehicles and soldiers, and weapons, zeroing,flir,laser/flashlight,etc if there isn't

- Make some OA vehicles actually functional, like MEV Stryker needs seats for passengers

, make Scud launchers able to choose and shoot a target, make MC Stryker mortar work

- OA Needs fixed wing(planes) content, like how there is EW with the apache for arma 2,

there should be some plane. Maybe a F15/16/18 for US army, they are used for airstrikes a lot in real life , right now the only OA plane is the warthog.

((As a free update for only one/two/three aircraft))

- Maybe more factions as a DLC, expansion to german and czech army maybe, UK army

- Fix AI Driving. Pathfinder mission was very annoying that you have to wait all the time and come back to the stupid AI Drivers

#1 - Ain't gonna happen

#2 - Probably in the future I hope

#3 - The scud isn't going to work like that, it's not realistic. I do hope they make a functional mortar carrier though.

#4 - OA doesn't NEED fixed wing content. An F-15 or an F-16 might be realistic, but the U.S. Army has NEVER used the F-18. Also, for something like that it won't be free, or atleast I hope it won't.

#5 - Faction DLC will probably happen, I assume the British will be first.

#6 - There might be some small improvements, but AI driving has sucked for years, it's not something they will likely fix in an early patch. Get used to bad drivers. ;)

A Fix need for all Mk16 EGLM or (SCAR´s). ;)

On all Mk16 EGLM´s (GL) have not a animated cartridges ejection window (Bolt Animation) !

Do you want performance or real looking trees? :D

I prefer performance over real looking bushes and stuff.

The trees keeping changing LOD does not give any performance, and ArmA 2 runs fine my end and it got 100 times as many trees.

I simply want trees to look decent and not something directly ported from OpF ;)

#1 - Ain't gonna happen

#2 - Probably in the future I hope

#3 - The scud isn't going to work like that, it's not realistic. I do hope they make a functional mortar carrier though.

#4 - OA doesn't NEED fixed wing content. An F-15 or an F-16 might be realistic, but the U.S. Army has NEVER used the F-18. Also, for something like that it won't be free, or atleast I hope it won't.

#5 - Faction DLC will probably happen, I assume the British will be first.

#6 - There might be some small improvements, but AI driving has sucked for years, it's not something they will likely fix in an early patch. Get used to bad drivers. ;)

the army does use f-18 its called close air support

I wish you could be healed also by other squad medics (corpsman) not only by your own. When you squad gets wiped out and you're the only survivor. In case you get hit you're screwed.:D

kind regards

Is there anyone else who hates the bright pink sand in Zargabad? The other maps are perfect. But Zargabad looks too extreme. Really green grass yet the ground is bright pink everywhere else. Desert camo doesnt even work with that color.

I assume you want to make it blinding liike the desert, but why not make it same color as other maps. It's too distracting. And doesn't blend.

Maybe add a filter or something or make sunglasses work.

Great,you want to encourage BIS to become the next Bethesda?You want this plane,pay for it,you want this scope pay for it,sheep armor?You guessed it pay for it.

I agree with paying DLC as long as it's more than a few scraps.

Now regarding suggestions I hope they improve the ULB in the future,right now it's crap and limited,it doesn't work with planes and in combined arms missions with the Apache+ULB as support,the attack chopper goes down when switching back to other units.

the army does use f-18 its called close air support

No, the Army has never ever, and probably never ever will use the F-18. Sure, might be that the Army sometimes call on US Navy air assets like the F/A-18. Fact is the Army doesn't even have any fighter or attack jets. The US Air Force however (which is land, not carrier based) use the F-15 and F-16.

If the US Navy or USAF provides CAS depends on which one operates in that specific region at that specific time I guess: I.e. which flight is accessible to provide bombs. I do not know exactly how they sort that in practice.

Since Operation Arrowhead however is about the US Army it seems silly that they'd implement US Navy aircraft from land-based airfields, when they specifically are carrier-based aicraft, and USAF gets the airsrips since they can't effectively use their planes on carriers.