Sign in to follow this  
flashbang151

Arma 2 OA 1.53 Suggestions

Lets continue with a patch suggestion thread for OA.

Please BIS add a proper working bomb fall line to the HUD.

The HUD was modified in the last patches but this functionality is still missing.

- Fix not being able to board the mortar gun on Stryker Mortar Carrier

(VERY OPTIONAL) - FLIR and backpack posibilities for default A2 units in Combined Operations.

Unify how the game launches between the different versions of the game. Currently its a train wreck that is leading to people being only able to play on one server or another.

allow players to "Ride in Back" of Stryker MEV (if it hasn't already been fixed)

- Add back the shockwave and dust from MBT maingun fire.

- Vehicles need more ground adherence, even heavy tracked and wheeled

vehicles tend to jump a lot or do wheelies uphill (seen on landrover)

- Flares for the MV22

- RPG-7, SMAW and MAAWS grenades have no ballistic trajectory flight profile..they go straight up to hundreds of meters, plz add a trajectory.

- dead bodies dont cool down in FLIR or TWS, I watched for 30 min with no change in IR signature

- direct attack mode for Javelin and the ability to lock on low and slow helicopters.

- Hand grenades are thrown too short, it is hard to throw them out of direct danger area...in ArmA throw distance was way to much...now it is dangerous short....15m should be minimum on a medium angle throw.

- Hand grenades are thrown too short, it is hard to throw them out of direct danger area...in ArmA throw distance was way to much...now it is dangerous short....15m should be minimum.

Hold the button down. The longer you hold it the further you throw.

Hold the button down. The longer you hold it the further you throw.
O.K. scratch that...Now I see the intention...making hand grenades usable in Quarter Combat...nice feature.

In the italian localization a word is clearly mispelled:

"Boot Camp" becomes "addestamento" but it should read "addestramento".

- Add back the shockwave and dust from MBT maingun fire.

- Vehicles need more ground adherence, even heavy tracked and wheeled

vehicles tend to jump a lot or do wheelies uphill (seen on landrover)

- Flares for the MV22

- RPG-7, SMAW and MAAWS grenades have no ballistic trajectory flight profile..they go straight up to hundreds of meters, plz add a trajectory.

- dead bodies dont cool down in FLIR or TWS, I watched for 30 min with no change in IR signature

- direct attack mode for Javelin and the ability to lock on low and slow helicopters.

- Hand grenades are thrown too short, it is hard to throw them out of direct danger area...in ArmA throw distance was way to much...now it is dangerous short....15m should be minimum on a medium angle throw.

While you are at it I will continue with:

- Bullet holes should have a TIS signature

- Backblast for AT weapons

- M136 AT4 and RPG-18 should already be loaded when taken into inventory without the rocket in the slots for ammo

- Remove the loading animation for M136 AT4 and RPG-18

- Change the sounds for some AT weapons, they all sound like the Javelin when fired

- Add realistic smoke when AT fires

- Smoke seems to come out of the foregrip when you fire a rifle, should come out in front of the muzzle

- Soldier should use the foregrip on the M60 (CZ weapon cage)

- Breech block comes out of the weapon on the AK 107 with Aimpoint when fired

- Make the laser work on the Arma 2 M16 models

- Make the ironsights adjustable on the Arma 2 AK, M2 Browing MG and M16 variants without optics

- All weapons should be so well animated as the CZ weapons (I love the details of the new CZ weapons except Dragunov)

- Better muzzle flash textures for all weapons

- After reloading you should have 21/31 rounds when the magazine before was not completely empty

ArmA 2 is getting better and better. OA feels very good already, I hope BI will continue to work on it and I would be willing to buy stuff too. ;)

Edited by Curry

All i want:

Fix the bug where your AI is switching to pistol and is bugged[cant move, or do anything]

AI vehicle (tracked) pathfinding;

I noticed a whole armored column being stuck because they couldn't climb up a steep hill. And they couldn't be bothered to find alternative route even though they obviously weren't making any progress towards the waypoint. Wheeled vehicles seem to be doing allright now, driving on the right side of the road instead of driving in the middle of the road.

Does heavy tracked vehicles finally has some torque when going up small hills? Judging by above... No.

That's what I would suggest. Wanted that in every patch from... uh... OFP release to now.

Hold your mouse click. Its based on a throw strength system so you can control your throw better.

All i want:

Fix the bug where your AI is switching to pistol and is bugged[cant move, or do anything]

This makes no sense, perhaps give reproduction steps and maybe make a Dev-heaven CIT ticket...

-Fix, the Mouse Cursor flicker (Flickering in to the Menu, and Editor) !!!

The problem had already since existed in A2. But is Fixed now in A2.

Bring all the fixes and improvements from latest betas from A2 to OA. :)

-Fix, the Mouse Cursor flicker (Flickering in to the Menu, and Editor) !!!

The problem had already since existed in A2. But is Fixed now in A2.

After the installation of 1.52 the flickering on my machine is gone.

After the installation of 1.52 the flickering on my machine is gone.

This can be possible, but the problem I'm still here (after the Install the Patch 1.52) And these error stand NOT too fix in the Changelog of Patch 1.52. ;)

I have runnig the Patch 1.52 whit OA, and this damned flickering of the cursor will be not end. :mad:

This makes no sense, perhaps give reproduction steps and maybe make a Dev-heaven CIT ticket...

Eh its makes no sense yea..?

The bug is not to reproduce, its the funny thing about it.

But its known VERY well. It happened for me allready after 30 secounds, just placing 2 groups in the editor, my squad attacked and the guy got bugged.

Just switching to pistol and didnt move anymore. Tell me how this is to reproduce:j:

Again, this happens in various situations and its weird, since i tested it without any complex stuff...

Don't know if somebody hasn't reported this yet, but the United Nations (CDF) Troops all speak english. The Czech troops speak english and the German troops speak english.

- Add OA feature support to combined operation arma 2 vehicles and soldiers, and weapons, zeroing,flir,laser/flashlight,etc if there isn't

- Make some OA vehicles actually functional, like MEV Stryker needs seats for passengers

, make Scud launchers able to choose and shoot a target, make MC Stryker mortar work

- OA Needs fixed wing(planes) content, like how there is EW with the apache for arma 2,

there should be some plane. Maybe a F15/16/18 for US army, they are used for airstrikes a lot in real life , right now the only OA plane is the warthog.

((As a free update for only one/two/three aircraft))

- Maybe more factions as a DLC, expansion to german and czech army maybe, UK army

- Fix AI Driving. Pathfinder mission was very annoying that you have to wait all the time and come back to the stupid AI Drivers

-Make the game playable.

-Make the trees look better.

THAT'S ALL!

AC130 with the new Thermal System will be FTW

Heard something about that being added in the future. not confirmed though.

Don't know if somebody hasn't reported this yet, but the United Nations (CDF) Troops all speak english. The Czech troops speak english and the German troops speak english.

They speak english when you interact with them but when i team switched the orders where being giving out in Czech, haven't played with the Germans or CDF yet.

Maybe more factions as a DLC, expansion to german and czech army maybe, UK army

I think the UK are getting some small amounts of units, seen some screens of them and there is a mention of a British Deployment to Takistan in the games end credits, Also heard of a PMC faction coming into it as well.

Add OA feature support to combined operation arma 2 vehicles and soldiers, and weapons, zeroing,flir,laser/flashlight,etc if there isn't

I think that would require redoing all the models to utilize all the Thermal features and the weapon models for lasers and flashlights.

make MC Stryker mortar work

Has anyone tried this with the Artillery Module?

Make the game playable.

I got through the Campaign with alot less bug related stress then Red Harvest but there where moments that it was annoying.

Edited by Big-Rooney