Sign in to follow this  
HappySniper141

SU-25 gattling gun issue

Hi,

Ive recently only just got the game and I was flying the SU-25 for the 1st time in the armoury and was trying out the machine gun. The gun sounded completely different to what I excpected so I went on youtube and looked for some videos using the SU-25 machine gun. After listening to the sound of the gun in these videos carefully and playing the game and listening to the gun in-game I figured that they werent the same. The ones in the video sounded how I would expect them but the one in my game sound more like a constant static buzz until I let go off the trigger. The one in my game doesnt change pitch once and it doesnt have the 'spin down' sound that you get from the SU-25 gun.

I have done a search and couldnt find anything on this. I have also tried the fixes in the sticky thread within the troubleshooting forum. Unfortunately they didnt work.

Thanks for any help given.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

So does anyone know if its just my game or what?

Sukhoy-25 has and never had a Gatling gun. It mounts a internal double barrel NNPU-8M cannon with non rotating barrels similar to the GSH-23 in Mig 23 or Mi-24.

And sounds in ArmA or OA are rarely taken from the real unit...guns sound very different from any angle, much more at speed due to doppler effects...thats why a pilot or stationary mic would get another sound as a spectator on ground.

Im pretty sure it was the SU-25 :s Either way the gun sounds completely different to that of the on in the video and the one in the video sounds me suited like I said

Im pretty sure it was the SU-25 :s Either way the gun sounds completely different to that of the on in the video and the one in the video sounds me suited like I said
can you share us the video?

I think it souns how its meant to actualy. It sounds the same in OA.

Close or delete this thread please.