Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Ok So my ARMA 2 says version 1.10, so I guess I don't need to install any patches for that? But my OA version says 1.52? Do you know what patches I should download to get to 1.6, or if it is just one patch?

Edited by stevedrumsdw

OK so I downloaded version 1.11 for ARMA 2, my OA version says 1.52, this is where I am confused? What patches do I have to downlaod to get to version 1.60? All of them? On the gamersgate page for ARM2 OA it just says "patches 1.50-1.55 to 1.56..... and then just patch 1.59 as seperate download from the others? Thanks for your help by the way :) Also, I have no clue what version of 1.60 to dowload? Is this is never explained anywhere, which is partly why I have almost had it with this game, it is great but I spend more time trying to understand it then actually playing it.

Edited by stevedrumsdw

OA can always directly patched to 1.60. :)

Yes i have checked it all but i don't know what to do. In the rpt file i don't know what to change because it is so freaking huge. I installed these file in my Operation Arrowhead directory and it does not work. I tried to explain it in a thread but it got closed a few seconds later. I am new to this forum but if you ask a question here i never get an answer but just some other thread which i don't understand.

---------- Post added at 14:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:15 ----------

I don't know what to do with a modline.

Ok i read through most of the thread, but I've already owned Arma 2 for awhile now (steam version), and just recently bought OA through steam also, finished downloading and tried to start OA, the error i get when right clicking play on my steam library of OA is "no entry bin\config.bin/CfgInGameUI/MPtable.shadow."

The game then attempts to start and finishes with this error "error compiling pixel shader PSSpectacularAlpha:()." However when i right click play on the launch as CO option, a cmd window appears briefly then closes before i can make out what it says and thats it.

My Arma 2 is version 1.11, ive tried to verify steam cache of both games many times, and it always tells me 1 file could not be verified and downloads it, but the result of starting OA and CO is the same

how do you launch it? as admin?

how do you launch it? as admin?

Just closed steam and did run as admin, and it works fine. Thanks :)

I need help entering my keys because i cant figure it out because i cant play multiplayer please reply fast

Hello,

I just want to know this for sure before I waste my money..

I bought ArmA 2 on DVD a year ago and now I'm considering buying OA from Steam.

I found this thread on my google search on combining the DVD version with the Steam version, but it's still a bit fuzzy to me.

From what I understand I can just download OA from Steam, patch it to 1.60 (I got Arma2 fully updated allready) and it will work?

Or does the Steam version allready has the 1.60 patch in it? So when I install it, it will work automatically?

If i'm asking the obvious please just say so, because this thread is giving me a headache.. after reading 20 pages and seeing people referring to other people with a lot of confusion it's starting to get confusing!

if so, then a simple yes will suffice.

if not, could I then get some explanation on how to get it fully working.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I just want to know this for sure before I waste my money..

I bought ArmA 2 on DVD a year ago and now I'm considering buying OA from Steam.

I found this thread on my google search on combining the DVD version with the Steam version, but it's still a bit fuzzy to me.

From what I understand I can just download OA from Steam, patch it to 1.60 (I got Arma2 fully updated allready) and it will work?

Or does the Steam version allready has the 1.60 patch in it? So when I install it, it will work automatically?

If i'm asking the obvious please just say so, because this thread is giving me a headache.. after reading 20 pages and seeing people referring to other people with a lot of confusion it's starting to get confusing!

if so, then a simple yes will suffice.

if not, could I then get some explanation on how to get it fully working.

Thanks in advance.

I can only answer this, yes steam always auto updating to the latest patch available whenever there is newer patch version when you are about to play the game. And ArmA II patch 1.11 version is including in 1.60 Combined Operation, so even though your ArmA II version are not yet 1.11, it will be when you are updating into 1.60 :) (of course when you have OA or Combined Operation as well)

i've read a few things on this thread but i'm a bit confused.....

I have 3 original downloads with their keys from sproket (i believe now it's BIS store)

Arma2

Arma2 OA

BAF

I have installed Arma2 OA then BAF and then applied the 1.6 patch.

Now if i want to install the Arma2 and combine both together what are the steps i need to follow please?

Do i need to unistall everything and then install Arma2-->Arma2 OA-->BAF-->1.60 patch?

thanks

I think I'm in the same situation as the above.

I've bought ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA off Amazon. Can someone in simple terms explain how I can launch 'Combined Operations'?

If you have the latest updates, they should automatically combine.

If you have the latest updates, they should automatically combine.

Ok... put simply then: Which .exe should I run? Should I expect to see 'Combined Operations' printed on the menu screen or anything?

Go into your ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead directory to see if there is a shortcut in there that says "ArmA 2 Combined Operations". You may have to run both games first to get it to work.

But they're installed in the same directory... /Program Files/ArmA 2/

That's what the website told me to do -.-

There's no shortcut :(

I think I'm in the same situation as the above.

I've bought ArmA2 and ArmA2 OA off Amazon. Can someone in simple terms explain how I can launch 'Combined Operations'?

Install Arma 2- run it once, then arma 2 OA then BAF.

Patch everything to the latest patch.

If you somehow dont see Arma 2 CO shortcut icon on your desktop, check on your start menu-program file arma 2 shortcut. It also resides in your arma 2 game folder.

You need to run arma 2 CO to have takistan and chernarus stuffs loaded on the game.

check on your start menu-program file arma 2 shortcut

Got it! Thank you so much :) (it definitely wasn't in my ArmA 2 dir)

well that didn't solve my problem.

I had Arma2oa and BAF installed on my pc, patched with 1.60.

I have installed Arma2 and patched it up to 1.05.

Then i applied the 1.60 patch again so Arma2 was patched up to 1.11.

However i cannot see the shortcut anywhere....

Like i said, follow the steps.

1. arma 2 - run it once so it will register on your registry then arma 2 OA installer will detect it

2. arma 2 OA

3. any DLC

4. Latest patch for all.

Sometimes the shortcut wont appear on desktop, i have no idea why but if arma 2 OA installation detects arma2 it will automatically add the arma CO icon on the all program - menu.

Just run arma 2 once and reinstall arma 2 OA, DLC then all the patch.

Edited by gunso

Like i said, follow the steps.

1. arma 2 - run it once so it will register on your registry then arma 2 OA installer will detect it

2. arma 2 OA

3. any DLC

4. Latest patch for all.

Sometimes the shortcut wont appear on desktop, i have no idea why but if arma 2 OA installation detects arma2 it will automatically add the arma CO icon on the all program - menu.

Just run arma 2 once and reinstall arma 2 OA, DLC then all the patch.

ok so it looks like i have to unistall both games and install them again with the above order.

btw i did get it to work but only with the .bat download at the beginning of this thread. but feels a bit messy with the command window etc...