Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

Hi all please forgive me as I cant read the whole thread to find out.

But I got ARMA2 when it was released from a shop. I then got

OA from a shop on release to use OA stuff in ARMA2 and ARMA2 stuff in OA do I need to do any thing?.

Thanks in advance

Sorry to be a moron, but will this allow me to have another "mod", or "Expansion" as they are now being called, visible in Op:ArrowHead when run as Combined Ops?

I would like to set up IslaDuala, cant i just put -mod@IslaDuala at the end of the shortcut as before?

But I got ARMA2 when it was released from a shop. I then got

OA from a shop on release to use OA stuff in ARMA2 and ARMA2 stuff in OA do I need to do any thing?.

First install arma 2, then install OA but point the install directory to your arma 2 install location ( e.g. C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ )

OA will patch arma 2 to 1.7 then install itself into the same dir as arma 2. Then it will rename OA short cut to CO (combined operations).

& your good to go! (Also you don't need to use the arma 2 short cut any more)

EDIT: This is the method I used for my sprocket version of CO, though I can't see how it would differ with DVD. Just a little disclaimer! lol :p

Edited by RomeoSierra

Great ok thanks very much I will be formatting my pc soon and want to have a nice new fresh ARMA2 install ready for some late night COOP play.

Thanks, I'm now completely confused and it was worth every penny?

Guess I shouldn't have used Steam for OA!

Sorry to be a moron, but will this allow me to have another "mod", or "Expansion" as they are now being called, visible in Op:ArrowHead when run as Combined Ops?

I would like to set up IslaDuala, cant i just put -mod@IslaDuala at the end of the shortcut as before?

Never mind, for once again i have solved my own issue! Hoorah!

Simple putting "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca;@IslaDuala" as the last line of code allows me to run mods! sweet.

I followed the rules. It combined both games at first but after reboot it stopped working. Any ideas?

I followed the rules. It combined both games at first but after reboot it stopped working. Any ideas?

it works for me, but i need to close steam after each play, else it just launches arrowhead.

is that what happens to you?

So umm like im confused like... I got Arma 2 DVD and hopelly soon my copy of OA DVD will arrive too... so if i would like to combine these both DVD versions i would have to first install Arma 2 and then OA into the Arma 2 directory and thats it? that impression i got from the previous posts.

Im little confused here because the first page is full of hassle and dassle...

Hi there yes install ARMA2 then OA in same directory it will then make the icon say Combined so does work :).

And that's what got me the first post.

Thank you my dear friend!

By the way, whats the idea behind combining these two? except getting arma 2 stuff into OA? can i also use Arma 2 addons then in OA?

Edited by Ville89

can i also use Arma 2 addons then in OA?

Thats the main purpose, as the "vanilla" A2 stuff aren´t REALLY updated to OA standards.

Okay why do usermade campaigns work in the combined operations, but the single missions not? My arma2 is from a dvd and OA is from steam. When i load the Combined operations only the developers single missions are there, none of the usermade ones, yet the campaign s work.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it figured out

Edited by Danno04

Actually, im stillgetting problems.

When i load vanilla ArrowHead, i get the IslaDuala addons listed in the expansions.

When i load CombinedOps, i only get Arma2, but the island and addons are still in the editor.

How do i get Isla Duala & arma2 to show up in the expansions?

This kind of thing really should be integrated better in this day and age. I love playing this game, but I spend more time actually trying to install and run things properly than I do actually playing.

I'm constantly getting errors with mods, addons and missions even though I follow everyone's instructions as best I can. This is the best, yet most user unfriendly game on the PC.

Look, im sick of people just saying "go check" i already did that all they long and i have seen this topic and doesnt work. MY COMBINE ops works...simply i wanted it do detect mods and addons, i have to put all addons on documents folder but thats unorganized and stupid. I just double left click on steam arrow head and pops up options, including combine ops. I would like someone explain me very well...

Edited by Bat Sniper

Hello,

I have a non steam version of Arma2 and a Steam version of OA. Does this tutorial apply to me ?

What does it bring to combine the two versions ?

thx,

Tex

With the recent patch, loading combined armed through the script from steam (armaII and OA from steam) seem to cause an extra occurrence of armaII in the expansions list, and armaII to float along the right of the screen. Anyone have this happen to them, and/or know a quick fix?

Hi guys I got OA dvd and I just reformated how should I insall arma 2 and OA dvds in what order?

Hi guys I got OA dvd and I just reformated how should I insall arma 2 and OA dvds in what order?

Install ArmA2 first and then Operation Arrowhead. Make sure that the .exe for ArmA2 and OA are put into the same folder.

When you download the v1.54 patch, make sure you get the one for Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead boxed DVD version only. Find it here. (This patch will also update your original Arma 2 1.05 to 1.07 if necessary.)

Happy gaming. :)

Hope someone can help. I have both ARMA2 and OA installed on our server via STEAM (each is in its own directory, steamapps\common\...). I've got the OA server running fine, but when I try to run EVO (or any ARMA2 missions), nothing happens. I assume this is because I don't have CO running properly on the server. Both ARMA2 and OA are fully up to date. Can anyone tell me how I do this?

Thanks.

Edited by SG_Smokintodd

SG_Smokintodd, have you read the first post by Dwarden in this thread?

Now, I haven't tried to run public servers but I used to run A2:OA combined ops through Steam successfully from an icon on my desktop.

If you open the runA2CO.zip (which should already be in your Steam OA folder) you can see this at bottom:

:runs
"%_STEAMPATH%\steam.exe" -applaunch 33930 "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca"

Either try to launch the game using this .cmd file or adding "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" to your target command line for the launch game icon you have. Maybe this will work?

Edited by CoolFire

argh...

I'm struggling a bit.

I uses Steam for both ArmA2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead.

I also have BAF.

My problem might be just "visual" but it looks like it loads ArmA2 twice.

I use the _runA2CO_beta.cmd from first post.

I have checked registry. A2CO start but like I said it looks like ArmA2 is loaded twice.

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" -nosplash -profiles=C:\A2F -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -world=empty

argh...

I'm struggling a bit.

I uses Steam for both ArmA2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead.

I also have BAF.

My problem might be just "visual" but it looks like it loads ArmA2 twice.

I use the _runA2CO_beta.cmd from first post.

I have checked registry. A2CO start but like I said it looks like ArmA2 is loaded twice.

call "%_ARMA2OAPATH%\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OA.exe" "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca" -nosplash -profiles=C:\A2F -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -world=empty

I used to have both ArmA2 and OA from Steam and I remember to see 2 x ArmA2 in my mod string when I joined a server, too - but it didn't cause any problems to me at all when playing. FYI I loaded the games combined through Yoma Addon Sync.

Now I have broken up with Steam in terms of ArmA2 and OA and bought a non-Steam version..Yay! :)

Du får kose deg med spillet ;)

Edited by CoolFire